Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 11th April 2009, 16:22   #1
BHPian

Default All about Motorsports in Delhi

Hi,

For a while I have been thinking about participating in motorsports. What is the right avenue to pursue this from delhi. I looked at the MAI (Motorsports Association of India) website. They dont have a event calender for 2009 and dont give out any details on where and how to register and get hold of event licenses. There office is in Mumbai, but I am assuming there must be a way to connect with them from Delhi. There must be an association in Delhi for motorsports enthusiasts?

Look forward to comments from the veterans.

thanks,
prabhpreet
prabhpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 11:00   #2
BHPian

Hey Prabhpreet, the MAI is history now, motor sport in India is now controlled by the FMSCI (The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India). Head to their website for a calender of events.

In Delhi, the folks you need to head to is Northern Motorsport, these are the guys who organise the Desert Storm and the autocrosses. One of their main men is a member here..Sudev, contact him.
Manoj Biswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 16:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

And what Manoj did not mention was that he is also organising events up in Shimla. Manoj what the plan for this years Challenge?
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 10:15   #4
BHPian

Yes Sudev, the plans as of now are to run The Shimla Mountain Challenge in July..hopefully. It will be open for both 2W & 4W, and run in the rally sprint format.one stage run three times, over two days.
Manoj Biswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 12:19   #5
BHPian

Thanks manoj, sudev for the inputs.

I do not have any past experience in motorsports but am really passionate about it. It would be great if I could talk to you and understand the basics to come to speed quickly. Could you please PM me your numbers?
prabhpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 14:25   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

prabhpreet log in at Motorsport.In web site of Northern Motorsport and find a link that is for volunteer registration.

More experience you gain by attending events and trainings more you will be involved and given responsibilities.

Suggestion : Vehicle you posses is also factor in your getting invited for training and marshaling. Obviously 4x4 is preferred.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote