Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 7th June 2005, 19:01   #16
BANNED

hey, I started rallying way back in '93, SJOBA was the first event and I took part on my KB100. After that did a few events as navi , the Castrol Mountain Challenge's, Bombay MASA like I mentioned earlier. After that I went abroad and cudnt pursue it farther. SInce my return I really havnt managed getting back full time ... Did the last 2 auto cross in Noida. Last yr I ended up 4th in the Esteems, was using a stock car borrowed from a friend. This yr lost out in the quarter's in the zen category.. again stock and again borrowed ( my wifes )...lol !!! This yr I'm planning on renting a car for the last couple of rounds of the INRC, but lets see. As far as the raid goes, I havnt taken part though I was planningon doing it on my eliminator jsut for fun . The advantage that I have is that I ride on those roads thru the yr ....

DId u take part in the auto cross and which category ???

cheers

P.S -- AutoX '05 ... Me --- trying not to hit the cones --

Last edited by khaadu75 : 7th June 2005 at 19:03.
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 19:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Now I'm totally confused as to what you are trying to say?!? First you say people shouldn't protest, then you say they should be really strict?!? Isn't that exactly why there was a protest and why they were excluded on technical grounds??
No Rtech ... I am not saying that people should not protest ... i meant that Our Rallying should be fair and proper ... the rallying should happen in such a way that protests need not be needed at all ... there should be no scope for protests as it would be a blot on our sport ... Rallyists should do everything in Rulebook and not explore the thin boundary between legal and illegal and if anyone surfs on the illegal side of the rule book then punishments should be so stern that others think twice on committing the illegal faults MAI should do that policing in a very strict way so that we do face this kind of situation again ... I hope you get my point ...
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 17:30   #18
Tom
BHPian

man im really sorry i missed this one!
haryan did u get any pics?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 18:15   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey Tom, good to have you post after a long time (even though it's just this one post)!

Haryan, I got what you're trying to say. And exclusion is a harsh penalty IMO. But all teams try to interpret the regulations the way they want to get that competitive advantage. It happens at all levels of the sport and is part of the sport. There is a difference between outright cheating and reading the rules differently. So lets give them the benefit of the doubt here.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 21:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

Haryan, I got what you're trying to say. And exclusion is a harsh penalty IMO. But all teams try to interpret the regulations the way they want to get that competitive advantage. It happens at all levels of the sport and is part of the sport. There is a difference between outright cheating and reading the rules differently. So lets give them the benefit of the doubt here.
yeah Rtech ... what you say is absolutely correct ... BUT i wish that teams do not cheat and also do NOT interpret rules according to their will and whims ...
Lets see what happens at Nashik ... Hope JK are there with Both Vikram , Narain and another driver ...
Old 8th June 2005, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
man im really sorry i missed this one!
haryan did u get any pics?
No man .... I dint want to be bogged down with extra weight .. so i dint carry My Handy cam and Digital Camera ... and i regretted that decision so much later on ....
By the way For whom did you navigate when you rallied