Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 2nd June 2009, 23:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
I find this ridiculous! The entry fee for one car is equal to what the winner gets!

You pay 3k for entry (car) and 1st prize winner also gets worth 3k. What the heck? Cant they offer a decent prize money?
Don't forget they have to pay for staff, facilities, equipment and still make a profit. But I still agree that the prize money is a bit too low. Maybe they don't want people to race for money, which can lead to dilution of participants and/or cheating/fights?

I'm just being optimistic...Prize money doesn't matter to me, I'm going to have fun.
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

And if it rains..??? Why an event in the middle of the monsoon. Wet race..???
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
And if it rains..??? Why an event in the middle of the monsoon. Wet race..???
If it rains or it looks like it's going to rain, the event will be postponed (I'm guessing). Similar thing happened in January.
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:36   #19
BHPian

Wasn't the earlier drag opposite the flight kitchens too? (pardon me if I am wrong).

then where is the change of location? Is it a flat stretch this time?
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Can someone please answer what Doomsday asked? According to the website, it says that the drag is opposite to the flight kitchens!! AFAIR the last time also, it was held there.
So how have they changed the track?

Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
Wasn't the earlier drag opposite the flight kitchens too? (pardon me if I am wrong).

then where is the change of location? Is it a flat stretch this time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Can someone please answer what Doomsday asked? According to the website, it says that the drag is opposite to the flight kitchens!! AFAIR the last time also, it was held there.
So how have they changed the track?

Shrey
I'm actually not sure if they have or not. I'm presently in Vizag, but if someone who's in Hyd can get a pic of the track and put it up here for everyone to see, that would be great!
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
If it rains or it looks like it's going to rain, the event will be postponed (I'm guessing). Similar thing happened in January.
So the weather gods will decide whether this is a 2 day event or 5 day event or there is an event at all on the scheduled days. I don't think this uncertainty would go well with outstation participants.

Outstation participants: Be prepared to stay for more time in Hyderabad than 2-3 days.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget they have to pay for staff, facilities, equipment and still make a profit. But I still agree that the prize money is a bit too low. Maybe they don't want people to race for money, which can lead to dilution of participants and/or cheating/fights?

I'm just being optimistic...Prize money doesn't matter to me, I'm going to have fun.
Prize money doesnt matter to me either. Infact not many. Prizes are usually given to acknowledge the dedication and spirit of the winners. But giving such low amount isnt really an encouragement. We arent racing for free either right? The 1st prize is already almost nothing, its like he got what he paid back. But for the other 2 prizes, its just like a joke. Its better they dont even give any prize money than give such low ones. Its just my opinion though. I see really high profit making for the gmr group behind this.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget they have to pay for staff, facilities, equipment and still make a profit. .....
Profit!!!!???? Do you think GMR would do something like this make money out of the un-utilized place of the Air-port. I think they can make more profit, if they host those big exhibitions which happen in the Novotel premises. Anyways thats business and this sport is not at the level profit generation in India and definitely not in Hyderabad.
Quote:
.....I see really high profit making for the gmr group behind this.
High profits!!!??? do I see a sarcasm in that comment.

I think they can make money(if not high profits) if the major sponsors like Redbull, MRF, Michelin, Bridgestone,.... and the like enter the scene as official sponsors.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Profit!!!!???? Do you think GMR would do something like this make money out of the un-utilized place of the Air-port. I think they can make more profit, if they host those big exhibitions which happen in the Novotel premises. Anyways thats business and this sport is not at the level profit generation in India and definitely not in Hyderabad.
I didn"t mean GMR, I meant APMSC. They need to make a profit.

But yeah, I guess they think that something"s better than nothing. They could make it 10k, 5k, 3k IMO.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:

FASTEST WHEELIE OVER 1/8 MILE:
Trophy + Prizes worth Rs. 10,000 + Certificate + Gift Voucher
There a category for fastest Wheelie alos..
This might be a real fun..
Should never miss this one..
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 12:51   #27
BHPian

This should be fun to see, how do the competitors manage to do it on the bowl!!! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
There a category for fastest Wheelie alos..
This might be a real fun..
Should never miss this one..
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 13:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Prize money doesnt matter to me either. Infact not many. Prizes are usually given to acknowledge the dedication and spirit of the winners. But giving such low amount isnt really an encouragement. We arent racing for free either right? The 1st prize is already almost nothing, its like he got what he paid back. But for the other 2 prizes, its just like a joke. Its better they dont even give any prize money than give such low ones. Its just my opinion though. I see really high profit making for the gmr group behind this.
You sound like you are going to participate this time..huh?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 15:09   #29
BHPian

Whatever this is again pure disappointment.
Its the same drag bowl. I called Mr Mahesh from APMSC and he said its the same. Really sad man.
Leave that, the prize money was Rs 1500 last time for cars and bikes. And that bike's entry fee was 750.
This time, prize money is 3000 and entry is 1500.
Afterall small events in Bangalore and around which are run by small organizers give better man. Nothing less than even 5k. Nobody is in racing for money, but its to acknowledge the efforts like what furiousshinx said.
What, APMSC wants to make profits eh? Let them start a fashion show then.
Last month there was a Hill Climb race here in bangalore, the organisor never gave any prize money but I personally am aware that the organisor made solid profits in lakhs.
sad part is that motorsport as it is, is a very small exhibit...over that we have such weird people trying to cash it all.

I had a little plan in my mind to take part, and I have 2 fully prep'd drag bikes which are only meant to run down a strip. Its useless if I dont ride them, but this is making me think over twice to come down.
Someone here from APMSC? Where is that dude?
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 17:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Never been to drag so would be there to take in the live action .
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote