Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 24th June 2009, 15:49   #106
BHPian

Angry

Was searching google for some info about the event and came across this...

WHEELZZZ SPIN!!!: Deccan Quarter mile Drag-II

Does this blog belong to a team-bhpian or is it some random dude. I say this since I see all pics (and maybe vids) lifted straight from our forum, watermarks carefully clone stamped (which can be identified easily) and then used on the blog.

The owner of the blog should remove these pics or give visible credits to respective forum members. I absolutely detest it when people use someone's hard work for their own agendas without thinking twice.

Last edited by doomsday : 24th June 2009 at 15:53.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 17:25   #107
BHPian

Angry

Sorry for the back to back posts. Please merge if needed.

The 'official' results are here:

http://apmsc.in/images/cars.pdf
http://apmsc.in/images/bikes.pdf

Opened the pdfs and guess what? There are no timings. NO TIMINGS IN THE RESULT SHEET OF A DRAG RACE. Was it some vintage car rally? Or is APMSC not sure about the authenticity of those timings?

And here I was wishfully thinking that things would have improved given some positive feedback the event got this time around.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Akshay Joshi annihilated competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56
Here's the SX4 you guys wanted pics of! I was not impressed with the guy near it and in it, so didn't bother to click more pics!
Whoa! What didn't impress you? His dressing sense?
Hope you know he's memo_45_m.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 18:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Looks like Akshay Joshi annihilated competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56
Here's the SX4 you guys wanted pics of! I was not impressed with the guy near it and in it, so didn't bother to click more pics!
Yes, even I would like to know Nazim (pulsar56)!!! what made you pi$$ed off so much? If it is that you didn't like him, then you wouldn't have mentioned as in the above fashion. There must have been something more.

On the other hand, I have never seen memo offending anyone in forum.

Raj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 18:56   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Yes, even I would like to know Nazim (pulsar56)!!! what made you pi$$ed off so much? If it is that you didn't like him, then you wouldn't have mentioned as in the above fashion. There must have been something more.

On the other hand, I have never seen memo offending anyone in forum.

Raj.
Hmm, I do not think memo was in that car all day long. The car(s) were with some kinda caretaker and some of the caretakers had more attitude than the owners!

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 19:00   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Opened the pdfs and guess what? There are no timings. NO TIMINGS IN THE RESULT SHEET OF A DRAG RACE. Was it some vintage car rally? Or is APMSC not sure about the authenticity of those timings?
APMSC will never change man. Damn, no timing slips. And all the data is in the hands of that one man who enters the timings onto an excel sheet after the race. No authenticity of any sorts.
And what is this some school painting competition result sheet eh? Its a Drag race, damn it!
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 19:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Default Pulsar & I are celeb authors now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Was searching google for some info about the event and came across this...

WHEELZZZ SPIN!!!: Deccan Quarter mile Drag-II

Does this blog belong to a team-bhpian or is it some random dude. I say this since I see all pics (and maybe vids) lifted straight from our forum, watermarks carefully clone stamped (which can be identified easily) and then used on the blog.

The owner of the blog should remove these pics or give visible credits to respective forum members. I absolutely detest it when people use someone's hard work for their own agendas without thinking twice.
Thanks doomsday for making my day.

Pulsar56, other photographers from TBHP and I are now firmly in celeberity terrain. That blog is a straight lift from the posts here and I intend to file a complaint against 'blogger' against the infringment.

Cheers,
Old 24th June 2009, 19:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hmm, I do not think memo was in that car all day long. The car(s) were with some kinda caretaker and some of the caretakers had more attitude than the owners!
Folks, I never mentioned Offended!
Thank you Ravvendra for the clarification.

Quote:
Thanks doomsday for making my day.

Pulsar56, other photographers from TBHP and I are now firmly in celeberity terrain. That blog is a straight lift from the posts here and I intend to file a complaint against 'blogger' against the infringment.
No idea about who it is or what has been put up there. Can't access blogger from work as it's blocked. Will have to wait till I get home!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 00:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

Default Result sheets - pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
APMSC will never change man. Damn, no timing slips. And all the data is in the hands of that one man who enters the timings onto an excel sheet after the race. No authenticity of any sorts.
And what is this some school painting competition result sheet eh? Its a Drag race, damn it!
Dear fieroid,

Those pdfs seem to be the 'net' version of the sheets handed out to the MC for the prize distribution.

If you go through this thread, you will find that Pulsar56 has posted pics of the regular (official) result sheets which show times (actual, reaction and final).

Cheers and happy reading!
Old 25th June 2009, 01:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

Supra.. Wherever I go the crowd follows!
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0732.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0735.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0730.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0749.jpg

What's so interesting here? Aahh, yes, the Supra is being loaded in the truck!
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0742.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0752.jpg

Some more pics of the timings! Missed out the Indian bikes charts as they were removed by the time I got there!
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0757.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0758.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0759.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0760.jpg

Showstoppers are here already!
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0754.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0753.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0762.jpg

The person in brown t-shirt got 2nd place for the Wheelie
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0763.jpg

And the first place was won by:
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0764.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0765.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0766.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0768.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0771.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0773.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0774.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0775.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0776.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0777.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0778.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0779.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0780.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0781.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0783.jpg

Last edited by pulsar56 : 25th June 2009 at 02:00.
Old 25th June 2009, 01:58   #116
BHPian

Quote:

If you go through this thread, you will find that Pulsar56 has posted pics of the regular (official) result sheets which show times (actual, reaction and final).

Cheers and happy reading!
Well yes, I have indeed gone through them, but unfortunately more than half classifications are missing from those charts. Doesn't help too much, how difficult can it be to get a damn final result sheet online?
Forget time slips, its a whole different ball game- ironically a distant dream in the Indian drag racing scene.

Last edited by doomsday : 25th June 2009 at 02:10.
Old 25th June 2009, 02:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

Default Final Set

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0784.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0786.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0787.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0788.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0789.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0790.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0792.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0793.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0794.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0795.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0796.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0797.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0798.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0799.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0800.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0801.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0802.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0803.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0805.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0807.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0808.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0809.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0810.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0811.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0812.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0813.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc_0815.jpg
Old 25th June 2009, 02:29   #118
BHPian

Quite frankly , I'm appalled at the bitterness shown by many towards this event. Yes there are problems BUT THIS IS ONLY THE 2ND RACE SINCE CONCEPTION!!!

Cheer up, be glad that a legal venue was provided for all speed freaks , an accessible venue was provided for all motor racing fans and last but not least, APMSC may not be getting high grades based on our judgement , but atleast i dont see them as failures.

I never faced any problems as a visitor during the whole event. There was shade, water(and more), information and access to all the wonderful cars and bikes along with the knowledgable racers and tuners whenever i wanted.

They never charged for visitors entry . If this is the right way of promoting the sport , then I'm willing to accept that a few nitwits would turn up. Who's to say that someone from the crowd didnt pull out the timing sheets from the display board.

This aint Formula1 or even a National Event!. Forget what information, photos,descriptions and gyaan we have provided online or even the info posted by the organisers. Be a spectator or a participant and enjoy the exclusivity(and madness) of the experience.Have a laugh and wait for it to start all over in September again!

rant over .

Edit : beautiful sky in the trophy ceremony photographs isn't it ? :-). You'll should make a visit to Hyd!

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 25th June 2009 at 02:34.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 03:40   #119
BHPian

Post Clarifications...

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Quite frankly , I'm appalled at the bitterness shown by many towards this event. Yes there are problems BUT THIS IS ONLY THE 2ND RACE SINCE CONCEPTION!!!
Let me make my stand clear- no one is expecting a dyno and a waterbox in a drag event which is only two chapters old; no one cribbed for it in Speed Run for Christ sake, so the expectations aren't sky-high here anyway.

Quote:

I never faced any problems as a visitor during the whole event. There was shade, water(and more), information and access to all the wonderful cars and bikes along with the knowledgable racers and tuners whenever i wanted.

They never charged for visitors entry . If this is the right way of promoting the sport , then I'm willing to accept that a few nitwits would turn up. Who's to say that someone from the crowd didnt pull out the timing sheets from the display board.

This aint Formula1 or even a National Event!.
Guess what the sport of drag racing is based on? Yeah right, timings and those to the milliseconds to boot. ET, RT is THE game. Don't tell me that it has to be a 'Formula 1' or a national level event for the timings to be made available to the general public and press. Its not that they are bracket racing down the strip without any equipment, the 'Race America' stuff being used is very capable of churning out timeslips- it ain't rocket science. The result sheets may have been ripped by the crowd- its the organiser's responsibility to ensure that the final timings are made available- and definitely not a participant's to snap all the pinned results and post the pics on a forum. SR always had timing display boards which ruled out any chances of tomfoolery as far as results go- it didn't matter how bad the organisation was, participants knew that they will exactly know what their cars are capable of given the flat terrain and transparent timing procedure and results.

The fact is, once you come racing- nothing else matters. Water, food, shade etc. etc. is all relegated to the background. If its available- great! If it isn't, no one really thinks too much about it since they are just concentrating on going fast. All these amenities may mean something to the visitors who have come to spend their precious weekend to watch the cars and bikes run, chill out and go home. Any serious competitor can attest that all this means a nut as long as the event is transparent and organisers aren't akin to dictators.

And about charging for entry, well, trust me in India they should be happy they didn't need to pay for it. That's how it works- the days where one can make money from viewership of a motorsport event in India are far, and that includes all national events too. This ain't cricket.

Quote:

Forget what information, photos,descriptions and gyaan we have provided online or even the info posted by the organisers. Be a spectator or a participant and enjoy the exclusivity(and madness) of the experience.Have a laugh and wait for it to start all over in September again!
In case you haven't read the earlier posts, I had attended the first installment of the event with high hopes, but at the end of it all it felt like a cruel joke- for all participants, tuners and the press. It isn't without reason that most of India's finest drag machinery didn't make it to this event and if they keep this show up, expect even worse in the next race.

Last edited by doomsday : 25th June 2009 at 03:42.
Old 28th June 2009, 02:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ok, let me just say that this edition of the Deccan Drag was quite well organised as compared to the last one, or compared to any Speed Run. Crowd control was pretty decent, almost to the very end. . There are a few points which struck my mind, which were absent at almost every other event --
1. All spectators were able to view the whole strip, from start to finish.
2. Viewing areas were free with seating, and parking was charged but orderly.
3. Food and drink were provided, and of good quality. They didn't run out of either.
4. All classes and events, right down to the PD, were held on time, as specified in the schedule.
5. Scrutiny was fair.
6. Organisers were polite and courteous to participants.

Let us keep in mind that ACI managed to screw up SR so badly, with crores to play around with, that Speed withdrew and chose to sponsor the INRC instead. These guys, with lakhs, have managed to put on a far better show.

Wishlist for next time would include:
1. Timing slips and display boards -- I think this is unfortunately in the hands of ACI (their equipment) and FMSCI, so I don't really expect anything to happen in this regard, for the next decade or so.
2. Water box to perform burnouts.
3. Even better barricading.

I was told that if this event picks up, the title sponsors might seriously consider building a dragstrip and buy timing equipment. That would be just super. As of now, this is all we have, and it seems to be getting better. Atleast the organisers are trying pretty hard.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote