Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 20th July 2009, 14:50   #181
BHPian

@pulsar: The Page Source has all the secrets!

Thanks everyone for the support!
d_payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:04   #182

Default congrats top 100 applicants

congrats bhpians who made it to the top 100 list.

All top 100, will get calls from Hindustan Motors to verify their documents like driving license, PAN card,postal address .etc.
stay tuned!!

Cheers,

Team TGDC
fundubytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:13   #183
BHPian

Red face Not made the cut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Well, the top 100 results are out.
I spotted trammway, btirthankar, freewheelburnin, d_payne, autopsyche, Rishi_kapoor in the top 100. (I guess the site is experiencing heavy traffic right now)
Congrats to all T-BHPians who have made it to the Top 100.

It's very difficult to match every application and your handles! I give up now.
Checked the results now... unfortunately we have not not made the cut. But it sure is quite good to see quite a few TBHPians on the top 100!

And I have a strong feeling that the top three finalists will feature 2 Tbhpian couples...

For trammway, btirthankar, freewheelburnin, d_payne, autopsyche, Rishi_kapoor & other Tbhp couples on the top 100, Great show guys... you can always depend on the community here for any help on the route plan, logistical support etc.

Have a Great Drive! and we'll be following your blogs all the way.

And a big thanks to all the Tbhpians who voted for us!

Last edited by hotstuff : 20th July 2009 at 16:21.
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:17   #184
Senior - BHPian

This is good going. So TBHP members are in top 100 list. I hope someone come in top 10 Lets hope for the best.

If only vote matters to go to TOP positions I could have helped our members to gain more than 2000 votes in just 10 days without single BOGUS voting.

But I didn't do that since I truely beleive in person's ability than show off like marketing etc.. like what few members/participants are doing!

Its hightime for TOP 100 people to occupy top 10 now. I think it needs good effort.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:37   #185

We made it to the Top 100, Though I m a newbie, I got a few votes from BHPians. Thank you to all the BHPians would helped us by voting and all other TBHPians who commented on this thread to kept the motivation high.

Now let's hope most BHPians make it to the Top 25.
GOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:40   #186

Thank you to BHPians who voted for us, even though I m a Newbie. We made it to the Top 100. And thank you to all other BHPians who kept our motivation high by commenting on this thread.

Pl. join me in wishing the very best to all the TBHP members to make it to the next milestone of Top 25.
GOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:50   #187
BHPian

Congratulations to all those who made it to the top 100! Rest assured, we'll be following your blogs. All the best!
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:53   #188
BHPian

Thanks for all your support brothers!! Hope someone from this forum makes it to final 10.Wish all my fellow participants good luck !!!! Keep Redlining!!
freewheelburnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:57   #189
BHPian

Congrats to all the couples who made it to the TOP 100.
Great work to the guys who atleast got off their behinds and tried.
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:58   #190
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
GTO you spoke out of my heart.
As someone who chose a Lancer over an OHC in the year 2000, I gotta tell you : Mitsus are close to my heart as well. I loved the Lancer (for its time), think highly of the Cedia and would buy a Montero tommorow (if it was better priced).

Unfortunately, HM has handled Mitsubishi's cars just as they did the Ambassador. Flog, flog and more flog......even after the market stops biting. Let's not forget that the Mitsubishi Lancer used to sell on par with the OHC in some months, and outsell it in the others! I'm talking a healthy 1000 - 1500 cars a month (IIRC), volumes that HM doesn't even see today, after a full decade and a wider product plate. Their after-sales at the time was also highly regarded. Look where the City is today, and compare that to the Lancer / Cedia. The least HM could have done is maintained the premium'ish Jap image that the Lancer created for Mitsubishi in India.

But alas....they overslept. Success always seems to elude those who don't want it bad enough.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:03   #191
Senior - BHPian

Smile Selected for the first phase Jury

Hi Guys,

Remember I was the one here in TBHP to ask for votes to select us for the TGDC, and now I'm the same to announce that I've got selected for the first 100 couples.

Hurray! I'm on the home page behind the third letter E in the home page of The Great Driving Challenge website. I'm not sure how many of us (TBHPians) are already selected for the top 100.

My sincere thanks to all the people supported us for the TGDC.

I have seen the TGDC guys spotted us in TBHP too, here is the link:

The Great Driving Challenge : Great_driving

Last edited by trammway : 20th July 2009 at 17:08.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:15   #192
BHPian

Arrow Top 100...

Ok.. since the display on the TGDC website makes it quite slow... here is the list of the top 100 participants. Sorted in alphabetical order...

Aadil Bandukwala & Saniya Bandukwala ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Aarti Dayal & Harsh Vardhan ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Aayushi Awasthi & Anchal Kumar Srivastava ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Abhijit Shukla & VASHITA ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Aditi Mathur & Anupam Mathur ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ajay Jain & Anubhuti Rana ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Alvito Fernandez & Marsha Nesamani ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Amit Sharma & Ankita Bajaj ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
AMIT SINGH & JASLEEN CHOPRA ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Amith Prabhu & Mrunmaiy Abroal ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Anamika Singh & Pawan Saxena ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
anand majumdar & sheetal rai ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ananda Kumar Dendukuri & Nischala Valli ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Aneesh Bhasin & Dipna Daryanani ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Anirban Biswas & Shifra Menezes ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Anjali Jain & Hemant Aneja ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Arush Vohra & Sarika Sehrawat Vohra ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Arvind & Anita ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Arvind Passey & Sangita Passey ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ashish & Paavani ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ateet Jayaswal & Supriya Goswami ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
B A Pavan Biddappa & Bollamma Machaiah ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Bala Murali & Cauvery Thimmaiah ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Bhakti Thakare & Harpreet Grover ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Bhanu Vashishta & Naysa Ahuja ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Bopanna C P & Joshine Antony ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Danish Contractor & Leela Muthana ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Deepa Baruah & Dhrubajyoti Baruah ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Deepak Raghunath & Aishwarya Belliappa ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
deepak shivlal jethwa & priti ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Dr. Gaurav Chhabra & Elena Kasnatscheewa ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
DR. PRAVEEN JACOB & Dr. SWATI MOGRA ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Garima Nahar Kale & Sidhanshu Kale ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Girish Dariyav Karnawat & Purvi Patel ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
GREGORY JUDE MASCARENHAS & RUBY MASCARENHAS ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Harish Chawla & Priyanka Chopra ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Harish Kukreja & Pavithra Ghanashyam ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Harish Mohan & Babija D ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Harsha Koda & Prabha Koda ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Hemant kumar Tiwari & Mrinalini Tiwari ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Hina Rajpal & Santosh Santhanam ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Imtiaz Ahmad Khan & Sonali Gupta ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Janice Pearl Dsouza & $andhan Chowdhury ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
JEEVAN JOSEPH MATHEW & NEETU JEEVAN MATHEW ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Jignesh D Shah & Taru J Shah ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Jomy Jose & Asha Puthran ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Joseph Radhik & Namrata Poddar ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Kapil Bhati & Dr. Reenu Bhati ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Kartik Jain & Vaishali Jain ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Kartik Kesarker & Nidhi Singhvi ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Leena Nair & Sairaam Rai ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Mandeep Mahanta & Bhavika Sharma Mahanta ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
MANOJ Agarwal & AMBIKA AGARWAL ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Maya & Ramesh ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Mini Jacob & Jason Jacob ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Mohamed Raffi & Poorvi Daxini ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Mohsin Khan & Mainu Kalita ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
MOIZ GABAJIWALA & Zahabiya Gabajiwala ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Narayan Mallapur & Radhika Mallapur ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
navin gulia & Deepa Gulia ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Neil Sequeira & Yuliya Glushchenko ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Paramjeet Singh & Supreet Dhiman ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Pooja Ganeriwala & Abhishek Kadam ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Prafful Agrawal & Tara Agrawal ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Prashant Jain & Swati Jain ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Priya Fonseca Moizuddin & Hashim Moizuddin ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Priya Ramakrishnan & Gaurav Phanasgaonkar ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Pushkar Sham Kulkarni & mugdha kulkarni ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Radhika Raj & Bharath Belliappa ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Rajat Gaur & Shelly ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Rajat Malhotra & Payal Malhotra ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ram & Rakhi ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ranganathan Srinath & Meenakshi Srinath ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Rishi Kapoor & Poonam Kapoor ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Ritesh Shrivastava & Kosha Shah ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Roohshad Garda & Zinaida Mascarenhas ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Rupak Venugopal & Deblina Ghosh ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Sai Karthik Madabhushi & Anvita Varshney ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Sajjan Devaiah & Ambika Kariappa ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Santosh Abraham & Nidhi Dev ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
sapna bhavnani & Arijit Datta ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Saurabh Uttam & Divya Uttam ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
shaishav singh & norah singh ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Shilpi Aurora & Varun Mehra ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Sivakumar & Ansuya ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Sowmya & Guru ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Sudhanshu Jain & Aastha Jain ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Supratik Choudhury & Anindita Choudhury ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
sushant kumar & sweta ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Swapnil Zarekar & Shilpi Gupta Zarekar ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Thomas Anand & Shilpy ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Tirthankar Basu & Mampa Basu ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Unny Radhakrishnan & Bindhu Unny ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Vamsi Vanka & Charukesi Ramadurai ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
varun anand sinha & riddhi anil parekh ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Vatsal D. Jogani & Khushboo V. Jogani ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Vikram Srinivasan & Chitra Vikram ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Vineet Malhotra & Ranjeeta Malhotra ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Vishal & Anushka ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
Zaheer Bakshi & ZAINAB BAKSHI ::: The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

I have seen the TGDC guys spotted us in TBHP too, here is the link:
Trammway,
TGDC is already on T-BHP.
fundubytes is from TGDC.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:30   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As someone who chose a Lancer over an OHC in the year 2000, I gotta tell you : Mitsus are close to my heart as well. I loved the Lancer (for its time), think highly of the Cedia and would buy a Montero tommorow (if it was better priced).

Unfortunately, HM has handled Mitsubishi's cars just as they did the Ambassador. Flog, flog and more flog......even after the market stops biting. Let's not forget that the Mitsubishi Lancer used to sell on par with the OHC in some months, and outsell it in the others! I'm talking a healthy 1000 - 1500 cars a month (IIRC), volumes that HM doesn't even see today, after a full decade and a wider product plate. Their after-sales at the time was also highly regarded. Look where the City is today, and compare that to the Lancer / Cedia. The least HM could have done is maintained the premium'ish Jap image that the Lancer created for Mitsubishi in India.

But alas....they overslept. Success always seems to elude those who don't want it bad enough.
GTO, I can't agree with you more on most of the above. But, also the way Honda marketed (or kept their marketing strategies dynamic all along) contributed to Lancer's decline. The concept of Mileage was the first to be thrust upon, even though the compare was not exactly Apple Vs Apple, it sure dented Indian buyers' minds. Followed by that, then pushed in the "resale value". It was just the volume of the cars in the second hand market, and the 'use-few-years-and-change' concept that fixed the 'resale value' in India, while Toyota's Cressida sells the same as it was selling 10 years ago, in the Middle East, similar to Qualis. These cars' resale value is based on its durability. Second hand resale value suddenly drops for a >5yr Honda comapred a <5yr Honda.
10+ yr old Lancers are still running in Cities, most of them well maintained, whereas, >5 yr old Hondas are slowly getting phased out and not maintained.

I think Mitsu's initiative here is on the right track to market Cedia as a "Sports" Car, rather than the Executive self driven car. If HM too jump on the bandwagon of 'mileage' and resale value', they wll get nowhere, as their machines are nor Indianized at all. There are Marutis,Tatas and Hondas on the road, to just drown HM and Mitsu in the ocean of cars...

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 20th July 2009 at 17:32.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 18:03   #195
BHPian

Mitsubishi Lancer was ,is and will always remain a legend.Pure unadulterated fun is what i would call them and being an ex lancer owner, i can vouch for their build quality,drivability and high speed handling.But cant say the same about their marketing strategy as GTO mentioned. Hope the competition succeeds in it's goal and improves market perception.In my opinion the marketing should focus on the fact that cars are not about fancy gadgets and brilliant OLED displays but it's the way a car connects with you and how well it can become an extension of your body.The marketing never focussed on the strengths of this car in the first place.
freewheelburnin is offline   Reply With Quote