Congrats Joseph, we're all with you!

Ps- your photography, amazing man!
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:45   #242
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I've been watching the GDC unfold from day one and gotta say : This was BRILLIANT marketing by HM-Mitsubishi. Not once in the past 5 years had so many people visited an HM-Mitsubishi website, or had their brands created such a buzz in the market. I know for a fact that other brands are watching closely and will be coming out with their own in-house versions of the GDC soon.

Coming from a manufacturer which has effectively over-slept (while the competition walked all over) was most unexpected. I hope some of this new found vigour rubs off on HM's product planning division (new Lancer, EVO X anyone?).
This is definitely a marketing case study in the making. Just look at their website traffic numbers.

Quote:
Mumbai, 6th August 2009: Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors’ unique marketing initiative ‘Mitsubishi Cedia Sports: The Great Driving Challenge’ (GDC) was flagged-off from the Atria Mall, Mumbai today. Three Cedias were flagged-off by Mr. R.Santhnam, Managing Director, Hindustan Motors Ltd (HML) in the presence of Ms. Pooja Chopra, Femina Miss India – World and senior HML officials.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. R. Santhanam said, “The purpose of the Great Driving Challenge is to create a buzz around the brand and let the target audience experience the driving pleasures of Cedia. The finalists selected for the driving challenge form the Cedia TG and we wish them the best of experience on this twelve day journey which they have embarked upon today.”
The short listing and selection of candidates was held at Mumbai earlier this week by a panel of eminent jury consisting Mr. Adil Jal Darukhanawala, editor Zigwheels – the official media partner for the activity, Ms. Tanya Chaitanya, editor Femina and columnist Ms. Bachi Kakaria.
The three finalists have left on a twelve day driving challenge and will be posting blogs, uploading pictures, video and sharing their experiences daily with the rest of the world on The Great Driving Challenge : Home .Winner will be announced on17th August ’09, in Mumbai when the participants return .
The GDC website has received an overwhelming response. The buzz for the campaign began on 22nd June 09 and culminated on 17th July ’09.
The highlights of the website are as follows:
• Campaign began on 22nd June 09
• Unique visitors: 6,52,812
• Total number of page views: 68,82,725
• Votes received: 3,15,637
• Sign-up and applications: 18396.
• Total number of testimonials: 13,328
• Alexa India rank: 551
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:52   #243
BANNED

with all due respect. has this resulted in sales increasing?

or is this a pre run for building image for the new lancer to be launched into india
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 20:07   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post

or is this a pre run for building image for the new lancer to be launched into india
I was told by A.S.S. that first Evo X will be launched - around Dec/Jan, and Lancer X maybe launched some months after that ... HM being HM, don't hold your breath ;-)
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 09:28   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post

Well, one can't expect sales increase to be immediate. But for sure the image of Mitsubishi Cedia as a Sports Car has gone down the audience well. And it is going to take a while before you see more Cedias zooming past on streets.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:08   #246

for me atleast...TGDC has become a past for me.

Looking forward for the next year as I heared that it has become a yearly evet.

HHmm...wating for the new model !!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2009 at 08:13.
Roadster Rohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 07:35   #247
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking at Mitsubishi seriously now, as they are awake I may turn to their customer for a Pajero which is in my mind for a long time. Counting....
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 08:57   #248
Senior - BHPian

Ok so winner is announced, very good selection exaclty according to our (me and my friend) analysis and prediction. So this is not fixed match contest as I felt few weeks back.

People who did show off could not win while couple who were down to earth with simple strategies got credit.

"the Truth won in TGDC and the Truth should win elsewhere and in future too" this contest shows mass support is not must to achieve something but reality and keep it simple works! and i pray GOD we TBHPians learn such simplicity If we don't have.

ALL the best to TBHPian next time!!

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 18th August 2009 at 09:13.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 09:33   #249
Senior - BHPian

Hi Joseph and Namrata,

You guys are actually the winners, forget the 10L but the supporters you have gained. It was great following you over TGDC.

My best wishes and you made it all the way till top 3 and I'm sure you both had nice time and unforgettable moments during the 3100 odd kms. Kudos!
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 11:10   #250
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I was so curious about the GDC chain of events, and impressed with their innovative marketing, that I stopped by the blue frog last evening for the award ceremony. HM's VP gave a speech on the lines of existing Cedia owners being satisfied (their research), yet the same didn't really result in increased sales figures for the car. Thus, instead of the standard newspaper adverts (which is akin to blind shooting with a machine gun hoping to hit the target), they opted for a more cost-effective & targetted online marketing strategy. Most frequently used terms at the event "Blogs" and "Social Media".

Like I posted earlier, some other manufacturers are busy making plans for their own versions of the GDC. Cost is peanuts compared to traditional means of marketing, and the buzz generated is phenomenal. 7.5 million page views in two months is no mean feat for a brand that does only 700 cars a month!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 14:02   #251
Senior - BHPian

With all due respect to the participants, this thread should perhaps be moved to a different section. This isn't exactly motorsport.
Mods?

Last edited by nitrous : 18th August 2009 at 14:05.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 20:17   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I was so curious about the GDC chain of events, and impressed with their innovative marketing, that I stopped by the blue frog last evening for the award ceremony. HM's VP gave a speech on the lines of existing Cedia owners being satisfied (their research), yet the same didn't really result in increased sales figures for the car. Thus, instead of the standard newspaper adverts (which is akin to blind shooting with a machine gun hoping to hit the target), they opted for a more cost-effective & targetted online marketing strategy. Most frequently used terms at the event "Blogs" and "Social Media".

Like I posted earlier, some other manufacturers are busy making plans for their own versions of the GDC. Cost is peanuts compared to traditional means of marketing, and the buzz generated is phenomenal. 7.5 million page views in two months is no mean feat for a brand that does only 700 cars a month!
which takes us to the next question. why did they wake up all of a sudden ?
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 20:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
which takes us to the next question. why did they wake up all of a sudden ?
Understand they are launching the Evo X for around 30 Lacs Price range. What better way to evoke response in the TG.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 21:45   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Understand they are launching the Evo X for around 30 Lacs Price range. What better way to evoke response in the TG.
Had they done something similar 3 years back, the cedia would have sold more numbers than it is doing today.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 13:01   #255
Senior - BHPian

hope thy use this to push the cedia or even the new Lancer at about 12-13L. bring the evo is good, but trying to push a 30L mitsubishi will be difficult.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote