Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 12:41   #121
BHPian
 
wildchild4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

great vids bud!..
welcome on board..Cheers!
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:10   #122
BHPian
 
mazdayar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Hey folks,
It's my first post here, thought it was high time i take the plunge and join the forum, instead of the casual surfing of it that i used to previously indulge in. Was in Hyderabad during the Deccan drag race and took a few videos, of which I am posting the links below. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Those are not 100cc bikes. Both are RD350
mazdayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:38   #123
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdayar View Post
Those are not 100cc bikes. Both are RD350
oh, my bad then. I thought I heard the compere call them modified RX-100's. Any more info you have on them? Will be quite interesting
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:39   #124
BHPian
 
mazdayar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
oh, my bad then. I thought I heard the compere call them modified RX-100's. Any more info you have on them? Will be quite interesting
Did you shoot these videos? And was this the race or was it practice runs?
mazdayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:32   #125
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdayar View Post
Did you shoot these videos? And was this the race or was it practice runs?
All the videos posted by me were taken by me itself, on my camera. I thought i mentioned that in the post. I was there on Sunday afternoon, so most were races, a few were practice runs.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:46   #126
BHPian
 
mazdayar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
All the videos posted by me were taken by me itself, on my camera. I thought i mentioned that in the post. I was there on Sunday afternoon, so most were races, a few were practice runs.
If it was sunday, there were no practice runs whatsoever. And now a glaring fact comes to light thanks to your video. The 2 riders in your video are Baban Khan in the left lane and A. Anthony in the right. The timings of these riders on the display boards does not match the timings in the results. Check out your video and then check C1 - Indian Bikes Above 260CC -360CC Two Stroke

WHAT IS HAPPENING BETWEEN THE RUNS AND THE RESULTS???
mazdayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 19:45   #127
BHPian
 
doomsday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 4 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdayar View Post
If it was sunday, there were no practice runs whatsoever. And now a glaring fact comes to light thanks to your video. The 2 riders in your video are Baban Khan in the left lane and A. Anthony in the right. The timings of these riders on the display boards does not match the timings in the results. Check out your video and then check C1 - Indian Bikes Above 260CC -360CC Two Stroke

WHAT IS HAPPENING BETWEEN THE RUNS AND THE RESULTS???
Chill out Mazda- nothing is wrong there. I was present near the staging area taking pics when these bikes ran. This is NOT the class run, but the final run for the 'champion of champions' class which the organisers came up with last moment. Notice the fading light- the class races were held during the afternoon, when I had stationed myself at the 100 meter mark.

The C of C timings were not taken into consideration anywhere, nor were they formally included in the results since it was a knock-out affair. The timings you see in the results are from the 350cc class runs.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics & Report: The Offroad Carnival, Pune - 12th & 13th September 2015 Shubhendra 4x4 Excursions 26 6th November 2015 13:14
Deccan Quarter Mile Rush -19th,20th,21st Feb 2010 vinesataris The Team-BHP Meet Section 2 16th February 2010 13:00
R&T Extreme 4x4 - Dec 12th -13th swastikviji 4x4 Excursions 107 30th January 2010 10:31
Deccan Quarter Mile Drag Meet- Hyd himanshugoswami The Team-BHP Meet Section 2 6th January 2009 14:28
Wanted : Quarter Mile Time Calculators and other Drag Related Software !!! mclaren1885 Technical Stuff 12 1st July 2006 18:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks