Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 5th August 2014, 19:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare Rally

The sixth edition of the Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare was flagged off in Bangalore, with the seven day event slated to cover over 2000 kilometres across Karnataka and Goa.

Earlier in June, a controversial rule change had seen the event prohibiting any vehicle above 1600cc capacity from competing in the event – which seemed squarely aimed at ruling out the participation of the dominant Mahindra XUVs.

Suresh Rana, nine-time Raid de Himalaya winner and three-time Desert Storm winner will be gunning for his first Dakshin Dare win, piloting a Maruti Gypsy instead of his regular Grand Vitara given the cubic capacity limit.

A total of 95 vehicles are slated to start the rally, including cars in Ultimate and TSD categories along with bikes in Ultimate category.

Starting from Bangalore, the rally will traverse the towns of Mysore, Shimoga, Chitradurga, Davangere, Bellary, Hospet, Hubli before culminating in Goa on August 10.

Mr. Manohar Bhat, Vice President, Marketing, Maruti Suzuki, said, “Designed to motivate and encourage motorsports enthusiasts from India and abroad, Maruti Suzuki has pioneered many motorsports events across the country.

“Like wide range of cars, we have several rally formats suited for amateurs and professionals. Historically, our cars have done well and we are proud of their consistent performance.”
Attached Images

vinay kamath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 15:48   #17
BHPian

Saw the lineup at Hampi Hyatt, what intrigued me was a WB registered T fort and a HR registered GV. Anyways if anyones available would love to say Hi and Best of Luck personally. Take care guys and drive safe.

Last edited by me_sid : 7th August 2014 at 15:53.
me_sid is offline   Reply With Quote