Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 28th February 2010, 21:09   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Yes it has been deffered till 7th March due to the Vayu Shakti programme. Saurabh, a copy will be arranged but they are doubtfull if the uncut version can be arranged, he has promised though that he will try.
Many thanks for the initiative Wanderer. Hope they can provide a copy (uncut or edited). Would be a prized possession.
Saurabh M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

No thanks required mate, anything for a fellow bhpian and a driver. ( as long as the interests are common, atleast, lol).
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:46   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Feb 5 - Leg 2 - Phuntsholing - Gelephu
Today, the route will be back to India, through the entry gate and then drive along the India/Bhutan border, primarily through Assam and through Royal Manas National Park.
Surprising. Can you give me the details.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 22:35   #139
Senior - BHPian

The rally was shown today on DD I from 1845 to 1900 hrs. Saurabh & Joseph were shown twice. The river crossing was good. Will finish up the rest of the posts this week alongwith the videos.
Saurabh will let you know once I get hold of the cd from our friends at Doordharshan.
Old 8th March 2010, 07:00   #140
Senior - BHPian

where is the leg 3 report with pictures? looks really interesting!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 08:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

i think Saurabh is out of station. i guess we will have to wait for sometime to get updates from him.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:34   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i think Saurabh is out of station. i guess we will have to wait for sometime to get updates from him.
Yep. Telegraph Rally. Friday, Saturday. I guess he's catching up on work today. Leg 3 report awaited !
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 10:38   #143
Senior - BHPian

@ Shuvc - Saurabh is on a roll with all the rallies - i think he is enjoying every bit of it. But how does he / you manage so many holidays/offs?

Edit: i was wrong about you taking offs. Lyadd!
Old 9th March 2010, 12:04   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yep. Telegraph Rally. Friday, Saturday. I guess he's catching up on work today. Leg 3 report awaited !
Back from the Telegraph Monsoon Rally on Saturday night. Had a great time there. Leg 2 was mindblowing for us, with just 81 penalty points across 380kms and 22 time controls. We hit 8 TCs with 0 penalty points (meaning we arrived on-time to the second). NOS did a great job navigating throughout the rally.

Leg 1 was not good, for various reasons and was a let down for us, and our overall position was pushed back.

Overall, we had a relatively good run, taking into account that we are only 8 months in this circuit.

Quote:
@ Shuvc - Saurabh is on a roll with all the rallies - i think he is enjoying every bit of it. But how does he / you manage so many holidays/offs?

Edit: i was wrong about you taking offs. Lyadd!
@Planet - Its really tough to get vacations, even if it for 1 day. Monday morning I was greeted with 286 new mails .

Coming weekend is Kalinga Rally at Baripada. We are not participating in that. Next event for us is Kaviguru Rally in May.

Will be updating the thread with Day 3 pics and narration
Old 9th March 2010, 14:37   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Monday morning I was greeted with 286 new mails.
Time to get a Blackberry and special approval in the org for the service?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Time to get a Blackberry and special approval in the org for the service?
Hmmm... dont want to check mails in the middle of a rally
Old 10th March 2010, 00:32   #147
BHPian

Default Feb 6 - Leg 3 - Gelephu - Thimpu

Feb 6 - Leg 3 - Gelephu - Thimpu

This is the third and final leg of the rally. The rally will be flagged off from the Gelephu ground with the first car being flagged off at 7:30am. Today, we will be starting at number 14. Being an entirely tarmac stretch (as we knew), this leg would be very fast, from what we thought.

We were flagged off soon and right from the beginning, the average speeds were around 70kph. The roads around Gelephu are excellent. In order to maintain an average of 70 on winding mountain roads, you will have to keep pushing the car, as hard as possible. If legs 1 and 2 were about driving and navigation skills, leg 3 is purely about driving skills. Past the starting line, we were soon doing 130-140. Contrary to what we had thought, soon we were diverted on a river bed, full of large boulders. It was very difficult to negotiate through those boulders and not harm the car. As we tried to made our way, we found @Wanderer stationed there, manning a Time Control, smiling at us. We crossed this stretch carefully and then started blasting again. Through winding roads, small hamlets, landslide areas, we started climbing towards Dochu-la pass.

At Dochu-la, there was a passage control. As we stopped there, we discovered that the car has started over heating. We had been pushing the car so hard that the coolant has started boiling and the thermostat switch has stopped working. Unlike what we had heard,there was no snow at Dochu-la.

We crossed over and started descending towards Thimpu. We rolled into Thimpu at 3pm, covering around 280kms of mountain roads in 7 hours. At the finish line, we were greeted by the local governor. Light refreshments were served.

We were relieved that we have been able to finish the rally, the toughest so far, that we have done. The car was not damaged and we have apparently done much better than what we had anticipated. Completing the rally was our objective that we have done that.

These 3 days have been a great learning experience for us which we will definitely utilize in our future ventures.

All the participants have been put up in a single hotel, with 3 star facilities. The next day is to be spent at our leisure. In the morning, we have an invitation for breakfast, at the Indian High Commission at Thimpu. The results will be announced at 3pm and the prize distribution ceremony will follow.

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p2060076-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p2060079-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p2060080-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p2060081-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p2060078-large.jpg
Old 10th March 2010, 15:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh da, Love the Love Cars Live Cars Sticker in the last pic.

Wish someone posted the pics of cars in action

All the best how about a thread on the Telegraph rally?

When did Saurabh Chatterjee buy a cedia - IIRC he drives the WB02M**** Esteem? i thought there are two cedias - Sourabh Chowdhury's and Azgar Ali's (No5).

Last edited by planet_rocker : 10th March 2010 at 15:43.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:17   #149
BHPian

Quote:
When did Saurabh Chatterjee buy a cedia - IIRC he drives the WB02M**** Esteem? i thought there are two cedias - Sourabh Chowdhury's and Azgar Ali's (No5).
Planet, Saurav Chatterjee still drives the red esteem u mentioned. He's just leaning on Sourabh Choudhuri's Cedia. Azgar did not take his Cedia to Bhutan.
His cedia sported the no. 7 sticker for the Telegraph rally.
NOS Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:54   #150
Senior - BHPian

@NOS about time you woke up. Congratulations on your fruitful rally.
NO pictures of cars in action but I have a lot of videos which I will post as soon I learn how to do so here.