Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 21:10   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CCU & Kitchener
Posts: 593
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

The rally has started officially. With butterflies in my stomach, I am packing my bag.

Black Hawk is ready to roar. With all the stickers, its looking great. Will be leaving for Siliguri on 1st Feb morning. Participants from Kolkata are being put up at Hotel Manila and Hotel Sarada.

Wanderernomad and John, would love to meet you. John, thanks for the pics. I guess it must be a very hectic schedule for you as a Marshall, but, please don't forget to click car #24, both on and off the action

As John mentioned, its my first big event and I will be competing against some of the most renowned names in the rallying circuit of Bengal and Bhutan. Will try my best to put up a brave fight.

You can keep track of the rally progress at Official Website of Friendship Car Rally Association.



3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310023-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310024-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310025-large.jpg
Saurabh M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 23:21   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,166
Thanked: 847 Times
Default

Here's wishing Saurabh da and Joseph the very best! Have a blast guys!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 09:46   #78
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 399 Times
Default rally

I just got a call from the Bumpu asking me to contact Saurabh or Joseph to advise them that the Tint on the windows MUST BE REMOVED otherwise they will be disqualified.

I'm trying to reach them and if anyone has their phone numbers please call them.

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 10:01   #79
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 399 Times
Default rally

Just to let you know I was able to reach Joseph and they stripping off the window film.

Talk about being wired, are they ever excited!
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 10:27   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 1,097 Times
Default Kaam ho gaya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I just got a call from the Bumpu asking me to contact Saurabh or Joseph to advise them that the Tint on the windows MUST BE REMOVED otherwise they will be disqualified.

I'm trying to reach them and if anyone has their phone numbers please call them.

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Just to let you know I was able to reach Joseph and they stripping off the window film.

Talk about being wired, are they ever excited!
Its been taken care of. Indrojit sent me an sms. I did a concall with him and Joseph and the message was conveyed. Over to all of you guys now! Best of luck to Team Black Hawk.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 11:55   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
The rally has started officially. With butterflies in my stomach, I am packing my bag.

Black Hawk is ready to roar. With all the stickers, its looking great. Will be leaving for Siliguri on 1st Feb morning. Participants from Kolkata are being put up at Hotel Manila and Hotel Sarada.

Wanderernomad and John, would love to meet you. John, thanks for the pics. I guess it must be a very hectic schedule for you as a Marshall, but, please don't forget to click car #24, both on and off the action

As John mentioned, its my first big event and I will be competing against some of the most renowned names in the rallying circuit of Bengal and Bhutan. Will try my best to put up a brave fight.

You can keep track of the rally progress at Official Website of Friendship Car Rally Association.



A little change.Uncle John is no longer in the marshall team.He is now in the recovery team.
All the best and hope to see your car doing great in the rally.




Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I just got a call from the Bumpu asking me to contact Saurabh or Joseph to advise them that the Tint on the windows MUST BE REMOVED otherwise they will be disqualified.

I'm trying to reach them and if anyone has their phone numbers please call them.

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Just to let you know I was able to reach Joseph and they stripping off the window film.

Talk about being wired, are they ever excited!
Hi,

All the best for tomorrow.I spoke to dad last night about it and i told him that a team-bhp car is going to be doing the rally and i told him which car so then he told to ask them to remove the film of the car otherwise they will not be allowed to participate.He also mentioned about another esteem with the same thing but no details to who's car that is.So incase anyone knows please convey the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Its been taken care of. Indrojit sent me an sms. I did a concall with him and Joseph and the message was conveyed. Over to all of you guys now! Best of luck to Team Black Hawk.
Thankx.It wouldn't have been possible without you.


All the Best guys i'm sure you'll are going to have a blast.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 1st February 2010 at 11:59.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 14:45   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 362 Times
Default

All the best to Saurabh and Joseph - there goes the LCLC sticker off the rear windshield. :(

Saurabh is already set the "out of office" autoreply message - means he is already off to Siliguri.

All the best again. Waiting for the pics and report.

@ Johy (John) - see if you can catch up with them.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 15:21   #83
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 837
Thanked: 370 Times
Default

Hope to catch up with the team tomorrow in Slg. I have received an SMS from Joseph that they should be reaching here tomorrow.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 19:11   #84
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 399 Times
Default Scratch John!

I had a call today from the Bhutan Consulate to say being a foreigner I needed a visa. We went to their office with all the necessary documents hoping that they could fast track it.

No luck, even though they contacted the the head of the department in Bhutan. It usually takes 5+ days to process. Wonderful sincere concerned personal but the system just isn't set up to move that quickly.

Was given a beautiful book on Bhutan and will insure that I can participate next year.

Go Get Them BLACK HAWK! See you when you return.
For me, just having the thought of going, will keep me going till the next Event.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:00   #85
BHPian
 
ronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Best of luck saurabh da and joseph... your car looks awesome and good to gallop!!!

Btw, my dad is also going as an official for this rally..i think he's part of the rescue team.. get in touch if you need anything - TJ Mookherjee 98300 45255, he's new to this circuit but im sure he'll be able to help out if you need something.
It really seems like a lifetime experience... would have loved to go and had talked to Joydeb da about this long back too.. but alas unavoidable commitments!!!
Meanwhile, pics of the team members attached...
Attached Images
  
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:23   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Best of luck saurabh da and joseph... your car looks awesome and good to gallop!!!

Btw, my dad is also going as an official for this rally..i think he's part of the rescue team.. get in touch if you need anything - TJ Mookherjee 98300 45255, he's new to this circuit but im sure he'll be able to help out if you need something.
That's good.He was in my dad's team (recovery) but then was put into another one as Uncle John was put in to the recovery team.He might be put back into the recovery team again now.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:27   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

A short update-

All the cars reached yesterday to Siliguri and the best part is none of the cars broke down on the way.

Today is the scrutiny and all the participants from Bhutan will be also there.They are also going to complete all the paper work and then start off tomorrow morning.

All the best to the teams
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:09   #88
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 837
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Team in Siliguri

Met up with the duo for a short while in their hotel in Siliguri. The guys were real tired after the trip and getting some minor work done on the car.

Hope to catch them tomorrow morning at the flag-off.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-img_1935.jpg  

johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:52   #89
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 399 Times
Default

Spoke to Bumpu, all are ready to start tomorrow with about 10 cars in from Bhutan.

Hope someone can post some photos from along the way!
Wish I was there!
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:51   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Met up with the duo for a short while in their hotel in Siliguri. The guys were real tired after the trip and getting some minor work done on the car.

Hope to catch them tomorrow morning at the flag-off.

Thankx for that picture.Our team Black Hawk don't seem to have still removed the film from their car.

Looking forward to some more pics tomorrow.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal) gmhossain Travelogues 32 16th July 2016 09:48
4th Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2011 Saurabh M Indian Motorsport 43 26th April 2012 23:02
Cruise in 3rd gear, or keep shifting between 3rd & 4th? syravi Technical Stuff 11 29th September 2011 10:44
Indo- Bangladesh Friendship car Rally IndrojitSircar Indian Motorsport 3 7th May 2010 19:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks