Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 23rd November 2009, 09:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I don't think game over has anything to do with this track from what i have heard.
well i finally went to the autocar show and asked the guys there.the rep said that game over was closely associated with the track.
they have some big things planned.the dirt track should be up and running by december i think.the drag strip is going to be the last on the charts.

Last edited by wildchild4lyfe : 23rd November 2009 at 09:57.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:48   #17

I would Offically like to represent AutoMission Motorsport (The Advance Driving School), here at Team-BHP. As of now, we would just like to clear off a few "errors" that have been floating around.

Game Over is NOT associated with us by any means, but they are always Welcome to come participate in our school.

WE would be opening up an official thread for AutoMission Motorsport, here at Team-BHP aswell, but right now we would like to keep a tight lid on things. We will also be sending e-mails (to everyone who have signed the Visitor's book at our APS Stall), before the opening.

Thank you.

PS =)
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:24   #18
BHPian

@vyper are motorcycles allowed too? lots of us are craving for a track
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Pferdestärke !! Welcome back man.

Thanks for clearing that up -- but also brickbats for creating yet another "viper/v1p3r/v1perr/vyper" account to confuse us all further.

One Question :
I have read the site as well as the handout from the ACI show, but i dont seem to have seen a clear mention of a (3-4km long?) tarmac race track -- which is what i was most excited about. Can you provide some more info on this at the moment?

Thanks,
R

PS - Why don't you continue to use your 2004 account? The password can be reset etc

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd November 2009 at 19:13.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VypeR View Post
I would Offically like to represent AutoMission Motorsport (The Advance Driving School), here at Team-BHP. As of now, we would just like to clear off a few "errors" that have been floating around.

Game Over is NOT associated with us by any means, but they are always Welcome to come participate in our school.

WE would be opening up an official thread for AutoMission Motorsport, here at Team-BHP aswell, but right now we would like to keep a tight lid on things. We will also be sending e-mails (to everyone who have signed the Visitor's book at our APS Stall), before the opening.

Thank you.

PS =)
So who is this please??
I have talked about this driving school here on the forum about 6 months back. I have been close to the promoters Pradeep Nair[He's been my co-driver in our rallying days in '80s] and Shrikant Shah who's been our tuner and is still operating from Pune now.
I have inspected the track back then in march '09.
Do the boys/men on this forum want me to arrange a special meet with the promoters?

Quote:
Pferdestärke !! Welcome back man.

Thanks for clearing that up -- but also brickbats for creating yet another "viper/v1p3r/v1perr/vyper" account to confuse us all further.

One Question :
I have read the site as well as the handout from the ACI show, but i dont seem to have seen a clear mention of a (3-4km long?) tarmac race track -- which is what i was most excited about. Can you provide some more info on this at the moment?

Thanks,
R

PS - Why don't you continue to use your 2004 account? The password can be reset etc
Rehaan, you want to visit the place let me know. The tarmac is being considered because of the supercar club, but will take a year, unless Hormazd sponsers the costs on behalf of the club.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2009 at 18:31. Reason: Merging posts.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
...Rehaan, you want to visit the place let me know. The tarmac is being considered because of the supercar club, but will take a year...
Thanks scooby,

Perhaps a few of us can make a trip out there once the track is closer to completion and the organizers are ready and eager to show us around.

As for the track, i hope it does get completed soon!!

cya
R

PS - There was a mention of "Autocross" in the handout from the ACI show. Is that going to be on a dirt area or paved?
Old 24th November 2009, 19:09   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
So who is this please??
I have talked about this driving school here on the forum about 6 months back. I have been close to the promoters Pradeep Nair[He's been my co-driver in our rallying days in '80s] and Shrikant Shah who's been our tuner and is still operating from Pune now.
I have inspected the track back then in march '09.
Do the boys/men on this forum want me to arrange a special meet with the promoters?
Just to respond to that, You Me and Pradeep were in the same car in Himalayan & MASA.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VypeR View Post
Just to respond to that, You Me and Pradeep were in the same car in Himalayan & MASA.
Oh .... Was it you or your Father!!
So, neway hows you and your father doin?
And Yes you have seen how wonderful the place is and the potential.

Rehaan, there will be dirt autocross as well as smooth tarmac at a later stage. The place should be ready in 3 weeks from the date the promoters decide to DO IT!! Just need 4 JCB's for 5 days to get the track ready and 10 days for all the supportings.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

VypeR, dude, ever played Trackmania Nations? Say yes...

Last edited by pranavt : 24th November 2009 at 20:57.
Old 26th November 2009, 09:24   #25
BHPian

Stightly off topic,
since scooby05 and vyper mentioned about the himalayan and masa rallys , why dont you guys give us some info , pics on those 2 events.Already there is a thread on MASA rally , kindly provide info there.
cheers
Old 27th November 2009, 02:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

VypeR, small world

Add me to that mailing list please. Also, is it just a driving school or will you guys be letting people use the track on off-days? What's the track length?

Last edited by pranavt : 27th November 2009 at 02:20.
Old 27th November 2009, 20:27   #27
BHPian

Does the new track mean that we will get to see any competition races happening?
Old 27th November 2009, 21:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Well there's still an option for \/iP3R and \/iq3R

10k even the supercar people wont come On a much serious note, honestly happy that something good is happening. Thought I would see my grave before I see race asphalt. Whats the timeframe are the guys looking at for completion? And I am quite sure you will have bikes on there right? Can you post the track design with much higher detail (distances, angles, elevation etc..)

Last edited by quickdraw : 27th November 2009 at 21:09. Reason: forgot viq3r
Old 30th November 2009, 15:36   #29
BHPian

Man ! Finally a track,but 10K sounds high.Anyone knows what all is offered in 10K ?
Old 1st December 2009, 11:32   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A suggestion to the organisers : Have tyres on offer. Include the sparingly used type too. Reason? One of the biggest cost components of a track day is the tyres. Couple of hot laps and your stock rubber is blown. Imagine driving to a track, having your tyres swapped (with those on offer) on pro-grade tyre mounting equipment, racing, then back on your regular tyres for the drive home.

Will increase the logistical operations, but surely serve as a carrot to enthusiasts.
Closed Thread