Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 25th January 2010, 20:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default padma shree for NK!

WOW!

The Fastest Indian in The World”, Narain Karthikeyan has been honoured by the Government of India by bestowing upon him the Padma Shri Award in recognition of his distinguished contribution in the sphere of sports. This is a great honour, not only for Narain himself, but also recognizes Indian Motorsport for the first time in history. Up to 2009, only 2,255 people have been granted this distinct honour.
Upon learning of his award, Narain said, “I am deeply honoured and humbled by the Government of India in receiving this award. It is truly a great day, not only in my life, but also in the life of Indian Motorsport. I have countless people to thank and credit for this achievement – first and foremost of which is my family, without whose unrelenting support, my career would not have taken the path it has. My sponsors, the Tata Group, Bharat Petroleum, JK Tyres and Amaron, who have supported me for so many years, as well as MRF Tyres, with whom I have recently entered into a partnership, have also been crucial to my success as a racing driver. I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person at all of these companies who have supported and believed in me for so many years. Last, but not least, I owe a huge debt of thanks to all of my fans, who have cheered me on through all of my successes. I dedicate this award to all of them.”

from
[COLOR=#993366][FONT=&quot]www.indmotorsport.com[/FONT][/COLOR]
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 20:58   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
WOW!

The Fastest Indian in The World”, Narain Karthikeyan has been honoured by the Government of India by bestowing upon him the Padma Shri Award in recognition of his distinguished contribution in the sphere of sports. This is a great honour, not only for Narain himself, but also recognizes Indian Motorsport for the first time in history. Up to 2009, only 2,255 people have been granted this distinct honour.
Upon learning of his award, Narain said, “I am deeply honoured and humbled by the Government of India in receiving this award. It is truly a great day, not only in my life, but also in the life of Indian Motorsport. I have countless people to thank and credit for this

achievement – first and foremost of which is my family, without whose unrelenting support, my career would not have taken the path it has. My sponsors, the Tata Group, Bharat Petroleum, JK Tyres and Amaron, who have supported me for so many years, as well as MRF Tyres, with whom I have recently entered into a partnership, have also been crucial to my success as a racing driver. I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person at all of these companies who have supported and believed in me for so many years. Last, but not least, I owe a huge debt of thanks to all of my fans, who have cheered me on through all of my successes. I dedicate this award to all of them.”

from
[COLOR=#993366][FONT=&quot]www.indmotorsport.com[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, Narain's PR agent sent me this press release 2-3 hours ago for use on my site. Finally a great sportsperson like him is recognized., I think Karun Chandhok also deserves an award since he has been doing so well in GP2 and might be India's 2nd F1 driver.
f1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 14:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Finally!
Well deserved for the man who put us on the map.
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote