Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 1st February 2010, 12:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default JK Tyre launches a Unique Motorsport Talent Search Programme in North- East India

Tyre company JK Tyres in association with Akbar Ebrahim and MECO Motorsport has launched a new talent search programme for young motorsport enthusiasts from remote parts of the country. This programme will start with North-East of India and will move on to places like J & K etc.

The first programme is being conducted in Dimapur in association with Nagaland Government. After two days of training, 2-3 boys in the age group 11-16 years will be given the opportunity by JK Tyres to undertake 3 full-fledged training programmes with MECO Motorsport under the supervision of Akbar Ebrahim and then they will be given the opportunity to race in the JK Tyre professional Indian National Rotax Karting championship.

All the equipments and the expertise will be provided by JK Tyre Motorsport which will be sponsored by JK Tyre and supported by the Nagaland Government. The event took place in Dimapur on January 30-31, 2010.

I feel this a good initiative and would boost motorsport in our country which somehow takes a back seat. There is immense talent out there and this should help those who need a stepping stone into the world of racing but did not have a way to do so till date.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow. thats quite an initiative.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:54   #3
BHPian

ohh man i just wish i would be a little younger.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote