Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 12:13   #241
BHPian
 
GreaseMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 281
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Can the Cars from the south side meet up somewhere on the way to the track ? probably Tidel@ 10.30 am ?

If anyone needs a ride from adyar, glad.
Sorry, will be heading there early to watch the bike session.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 13:13   #242
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Oh my...!
We have mivec lancer, vikram's turbo swift and lot and lots of people.
My Swift will not be making this trip to the track. It needs a clutch replacement very badly. The clutch is slipping as low as 2000rpm.

Instead I will be getting a first gen 1.6 Ikon. The aim is to test it out on track and see if can be my next project car. Hmmm.. a Cosworth engine sure sounds nice...lol.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 16:54   #243
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Is my 3 year old Indica xeta petrol allowed in the track????
If not, i will just come and be the audience...
Good luck to all you guys anyways...
And why not ?
My 9year old Zen will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
looks like all of you can hook up transponders to the cars.
Good news indeed. But I'm not sure if I want you folks to know how slow me and my car is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
@Psycho - Are you on your turbo esteem? Would love to check it out!

Woohooo... That's great! Can't wait to see the Lancer burn the rubber on the track!

I am changing the weak lower arm, both the drive shafts, suspension mounts, brake pads and liners, all the fluids (no synthetic oil though ). Hope she behaves well on the track & I get to have fun (& learn a lot)! Leaning on all the gurus to improve my skills... Can't wait!
Yeah...!
@Psycho -- > Is the turbo esteem coming ? or Merc ?
Oh man that is gonna burn a small hole in your pocket.

Just watch out for the jackass, I mean petrol_head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
So guess this is what the final list looks like
Oh man, that is a huge list. "Traffic Jam" indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Can the Cars from the south side meet up somewhere on the way to the track ? probably Tidel@ 10.30 am ?
If anyone needs a ride from adyar, glad.
Myself and Perakath are planning to drive together (in separate cars), actually was planning to take velachery bypass then kathipara junction.

We can wait for you Max after kathipara or near guindy. Hitting tidel will be long way round but that is not the issue here for me, the issue is time. I'll be able to start only by 10:45am so time is the real problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
My Swift will not be making this trip to the track. It needs a clutch replacement very badly. The clutch is slipping as low as 2000rpm.

if can be my next project car. Hmmm.. a Cosworth engine sure sounds nice...lol.
Oh man...! I was kinda expecting to hitch a ride this time.
new project eh ? cool....!!!

@ikoneer

Don't forget your helmet.

Folks, please do bring helmets as borrowing can be problematic and down right unhygienic. Chennai heat and humidity + close to 40C on track temperature makes the inside of helmets worse than a swamp.

Need to say more ?
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 17:56   #244
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 788
Thanked: 341 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Instead I will be getting a first gen 1.6 Ikon. The aim is to test it out on track and see if can be my next project car. Hmmm.. a Cosworth engine sure sounds nice...lol.
Only problem with that car was braking at high speeds, why not try a fiesta 1.6 with ABS instead.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:12   #245
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Only problem with that car was braking at high speeds, why not try a fiesta 1.6 with ABS instead.
This is my first choice because I already have a car with me. The money I spend on buying a Fiesta can be used to upgrade the brakes on the Ikon. :-).

What says?

Anyways it is way too early to be talking about the new project.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:31   #246
BHPian
 
2theMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 337
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

Myself and Perakath are planning to drive together (in separate cars), actually was planning to take velachery bypass then kathipara junction.

We can wait for you Max after kathipara or near guindy. Hitting tidel will be long way round but that is not the issue here for me, the issue is time. I'll be able to start only by 10:45am so time is the real problem for me.
I can join you guys @ Le Meridien or at any convinient parking place. PM me your numbers will touch base around 10ish on sunday.I would be driving as well.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:34   #247
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I can join you guys @ Le Meridien or at any convinient parking place. PM me your numbers will touch base around 10ish on sunday.I would be driving as well.
Perfect man we will finalize some place en-route. Anyway will sms/call before I start and after me and Aditya find each other.

I've PM's both our numbers. See ya there

EDIT : Look out for 2 Zen's, one is white with KL plates. What's your car ?

EDIT2 : Perakath's Zen is Golden as per his profile pic

Last edited by yzfrj : 5th March 2010 at 20:40.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 21:21   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Good . Anyone coming from ashok nagar or kk nagar or anna nagar ?
And what time are we expected to be at the track ?
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 23:33   #249
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Good . Anyone coming from ashok nagar or kk nagar or anna nagar ?
And what time are we expected to be at the track ?
arjun, I will be coming from anna nagar. Where are you at? Do you want to meet up at the Lanson Toyota junction on PH road?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 00:23   #250
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Documents to carry
Total cost involved
Preferably a single consolidated checklist of what to have / not to have in the car
+1 need to know this. Also if I have stuff in the car - like subwoofer and speakers (don't want to drive all the way without music, gps, etc), is there place at the track to keep all the car stuff safely?
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 20:49   #251
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

^^ guys any pointers on my queries above
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 21:03   #252
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ guys any pointers on my queries above
Don't worry too much about this. Last time when I had gone there I had all this subwoofer + lots of useless stuff in boot + icebox etc also. No need to remove these -- unless you are trying to set speed records for lap times. If you are going to just enjoy and have fun, then no need
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 21:35   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
+1 need to know this. Also if I have stuff in the car - like subwoofer and speakers (don't want to drive all the way without music, gps, etc), is there place at the track to keep all the car stuff safely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Don't worry too much about this. Last time when I had gone there I had all this subwoofer + lots of useless stuff in boot + icebox etc also. No need to remove these -- unless you are trying to set speed records for lap times. If you are going to just enjoy and have fun, then no need

Anything that is loose and not mounted can be removed and kept in the pits..

Generally things are safe
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 22:39   #254
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,129 Times
Default

Madras guys, some help please....

Jassi's car needs some minor repair work. Some heavy duty duct tape.

If anyone has this, can you please bring it to the track tomorrow?

In Jassi's words:
Quote:
I just found my CAI pipe is hanging in two pieces. Hyundai servicing messed up I guess.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 22:42   #255
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I bought a helmet today and I am all set. I'll be there around 12:30. Might join up with Mr Bean and Anachronix on the way.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMST Track Day: Pay & practice session on 24th July, 2016 (Sunday) d3mon Indian Motorsport 0 13th June 2016 10:57
Driven at MMST: The entire BMW M range (X5 M, X6 M, M3, M4, M5 & M6)! Vid6639 Super-Cars & Imports in India 23 23rd November 2015 14:45
MMST Track day on July 11, 2010 brraj Indian Motorsport 369 20th September 2010 20:03
Bangalore - MMST drive on 7th March morning for the P&P. Nikhilb2008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 37 8th March 2010 11:39
MMST Track day 20/07/2008 Mission_Safari The Team-BHP Meet Section 61 25th July 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks