Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 17:47   #331
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I was of the opinion that we are'nt overtaking in corners. But then i got used to it after being blitzed past umpteen number of times by those race esteems in corners, straights, almost in all sections of the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The race Esteems overtook me on corners as well, but they kept a safe distance. I was never scared of them. The Swift incident was scary.

IMO, generally during a P&P session, one is not supposed to overtake at corners especially the inside corner.

Yeah, agreed that the race esteems were acting crazy - They were "the Game Over boys" from Bombay.

@Dragger: Your boys were not fast IMO. Its just that they had a prepared car whereas we did not

I did see that Green&white esteem go off the track atleast 3 times at various corners.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:06   #332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 374
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

there was a red racing esteem, he let my car pass as i was faster and i let him pass me when i slowed down, he showed me the thumbs up when he passed me, nice gesture IMO.

Last edited by jagxf : 8th March 2010 at 18:12.
jagxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:14   #333
c10
BHPian
 
c10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I did see that Green&white esteem go off the track atleast 3 times at various corners.
That was Mr. Radha's car.. & the car was being driven by a guy for the first time as he is being trained by Mr. Radha..
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:18   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,250
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
wow man, so excited to see a palio doing so well, what tyres were you on ? and any mods ? I presume its a 1.6

EDIT : Damn it, I saw your garage only after I typed the above. So now my question would be is the data on your garage up to date ?
Yeah not mods except tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
oh! - thats mine? - i thought it was your red palio when I first saw the video - it does get loud in the straight in the end or is that the palio's sound overtaking me
I am not quite sure if I was pushing it or not, but you can clearly see how the 1.6 (with its power and handling) caught up and finally overtook me
yeah in the end when i overtook you it was your car's exhaust as my car is on stock exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sweet driving! Just checked out your palio in your garage - she's a looker!
thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
IMO, generally during a P&P session, one is not supposed to overtake at corners especially the inside corner.

Yeah, agreed that the race esteems were acting crazy - They were "the Game Over boys" from Bombay.

@Dragger: Your boys were not fast IMO. Its just that they had a prepared car whereas we did not

I did see that Green&white esteem go off the track atleast 3 times at various corners.
Yeah, i was following that esteem for almost half lap and he was not giving me way, at last i gone ahead when he went off roading, faster cars should be always given way but few guys were driving too aggressively like the black esteem with bonnet scoop. well for me a messed up lap is lot better that messed up car

Last edited by Rahulkool : 8th March 2010 at 18:22.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 19:45   #335
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
faster cars should be always given way but few guys were driving too aggressively like the black esteem with bonnet scoop. well for me a messed up lap is lot better that messed up car
Well said. Race esteems were just nuts. They were driving in pack of 3 and were all over the place. I just given them room and if possible wave them pass.

Yes the black esteem was pretty aggressive, he is kinda expecting all the other folks to watch their mirrors.

The "nutter" IMO would be a Maroon/Red/Wine red ? Honda Jazz (I think it came with the bangy boys). I've got no clue who was driving the car on that particular lap. I have a poor quality video. I was riding shotgun with Propeller, he really had his senses (mind you his first time on track if I got my info right) in place else it wold have been no so nice. The "jazz" was playing Jazz and was all over the place.

And I don't think its really hard to see a white crdi if not hear it. At least some will know how noisy it can be at full blast.

@jassi

Sweet sounding Santro. Thanks for giving me room more than a couple of times.

@Gilead

You made my day. How often I'll be able to brag of overtaking a Fiesta S on the main straight in a stock Zen. You were babying the car around.

@Mi10

Thanks buddy for giving me room to pass. I think there was only one Grey Swift ?

Who was driving the silver Lancer ? (no not the mivec) Thanks to you too.

Nikhil's NHC the black one ?
Thanks to you too for giving me room and for the "show"
Spun twice at the exact same spot and I saw em both.
He was driving the wheels off the thing.

I hope I did't mess up anyone's lap or "surprise" anyone.
If I have caused any trouble I sincerely apologize.

FYI : I'm the white zen with yellow "live to drive" sticker.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:01   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Well said. Race esteems were just nuts.
Quote:
Yes the black esteem was pretty aggressive, he is kinda expecting all the other folks to watch their mirrors.
Dont worry we'll give them an infraction

Quote:
And I don't think its really hard to see a white crdi if not hear it. At least some will know how noisy it can be at full blast.
Come on, CRDi - Accent is not noisy at full blast - You have not heard other DIESELs..

Quote:
I hope I have caused trouble & I'm the white zen with yellow "live to drive" sticker.
Now, we all know who this nutter is:
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:11   #337
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@jassi
Sweet sounding Santro. Thanks for giving me room more than a couple of times.
thanks and welcome dude - didn't wanna hold up anyone, so mostly when I saw someone catching up with me real quick, I would prepare myself to give way once they are close enough that way I can enjoy driving without any pressures and not spoil someone fast lap too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Dont worry we'll give them an infraction

Come on, CRDi - Accent is not noisy at full blast - You have not heard other DIESELs..
infraction hahaha ! diesels I noticed was krish's getz crdi (grey) - the guy was easily overtaking the game over esteems on the straights and there was barely any sound from the diesel engine!

Last edited by jassi : 8th March 2010 at 20:12.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:21   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@Gilead

You made my day. How often I'll be able to brag of overtaking a Fiesta S on the main straight in a stock Zen. You were babying the car around.
I think I remember this. I slowed down on the straight to let one of those race esteems pass. I think you must have passed me too. Once I have 10K on the odo and the 2nd service done, no more babying around. Did anyone notice a white Octavia zipping around the track? It belonged to a friend of mine (not on team-bhp) and I hope it was not doing 'nutty' stuff.

Did Nitrous' esteem get on the track? I never saw it. Were there other regular cars with mods running around?

Last edited by Gilead : 8th March 2010 at 20:23.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:22   #339
BHPian
 
Mr_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 824
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
infraction hahaha ! diesels I noticed was krish's getz crdi (grey) - the guy was easily overtaking the game over esteems on the straights and there was barely any sound from the diesel engine!
I was riding shotgun in Krish's getz for around 5 laps, The tyres on getz were begging for mercy on the corners, I felt the car handling was decent, a nice tyres with those bucket loads of torque will add wonders.
Mr_Bean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:29   #340
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Once I have 10K on the odo and the 2nd service done, no more babying around.
Now i know why you were not pushing the car.
Is that why you left the track early, unable to resist the temptation.

There was this white beemer running over the stones many times. Not sure whose it was.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:35   #341
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

At MMSC, is it like anyday (non-event days) one can drive in, pay the track usage fees and start using it? What will be the per car fees like?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:38   #342
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 374
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

@sanjayc: i guess its only on sundays after 1pm for cars. its rs 1000/car.
@ikoneer:the 320d was bikerSG's.

Last edited by jagxf : 8th March 2010 at 20:39.
jagxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:44   #343
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I was riding shotgun in Krish's getz for around 5 laps, The tyres on getz were begging for mercy on the corners, I felt the car handling was decent, a nice tyres with those bucket loads of torque will add wonders.
i guess now we know who is next in line for some advan neovas
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:35   #344
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,666
Thanked: 3,140 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
i was following the red matiz for a lap, it was a 3 wheeler for most of the lap. that was some serious driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post

I agree - I was struggling to keep up with this 3 wheeling maniac for a lap or two - just couldn't! it went really fast on 3 wheels on those long right handers - I could do only 80ish there
Initially, I was struggling as well. As I got the heat into my tyres and I got more comfy with the car and the track, I was able to overtake him easily. But the guy seems to have had some sort of ego problem. He wasnt giving me place on the straights. He kept blocking me and corners were not allowed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
3. Nikhil was racing through all the while. I saw him doing 360-degree's thrice and in spite of that he was able to maintain the timings. Great tyres there, Nikhil.
It was a pleasure meeting you as well

And I didnt maintain the laptimes when I spun! When I spun, I took it real easy because some others were flying. Didnt want to come on to the track blindly.

But yes, I was brave and foolish and the numerous spins didnt cause me to slow down one bit for the next lap!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
For me, the best driven cars on the track were Nikhil's NHC and a red Palio.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The 2:21 was done by the NHC VTEC right? Great going!!!

Shan2nu
Yes. I got the answer to my question: What can a crappy car with great tyres do?

Answer: Great things with a noob at the wheel

Honestly, the car was rolling like a boat through each and every corner, the steering had no feel but the tyres held like glue.

I loved the AD07s before, but now, it's 10 times better. I used to turn in at a ridiculous speed and just steer. My foot used to be on the throttle modulating it as well and the Ad07s held the line perfectly! The car didnt just take the corner, but stuck to the lane I wanted to THROUGH the corner.

A lot of guys have heard a lot about the AD07s but what I experienced on the track is phenomenal.

Of course, having 100 bhp does help. I just wish Rahul's Polio had AD07s. 2:20 or 2:19 is easy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post


yeah agreed nikhil's NHC and palio (rahulkool's ?) were being driven really well. The Jaguar - was behind me at some point in time and was being driven very well - it did overtake and lap me a couple of times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yep, it was a NHC VTEC with a huge sticker on the bonnet. I lost count of the number of times it passed me on the track.

The 800 was being driven beautifully too.
The 800 was being driven by Manek. Awesome car, awesome driver

And thanks for the comments about my poor old, ridiculed, insulted,NHC Vtec



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
For me, the best driven cars on the track were Nikhil's NHC and a red Palio.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The 2:21 was done by the NHC VTEC right? Great going!!!

Shan2nu
Yes. I got the answer to my question: What can a crappy car with great tyres do?

Answer: Great things with a noob at the wheel

Honestly, the car was rolling like a boat through each and every corner, the steering had no feel but the tyres held like glue.

I loved the AD07s before, but now, it's 10 times better. I used to turn in at a ridiculous speed and just steer. My foot used to be on the throttle modulating it as well and the Ad07s held the line perfectly! The car didnt just take the corner, but stuck to the lane I wanted to THROUGH the corner.

A lot of guys have heard a lot about the AD07s but what I experienced on the track is phenomenal.

Of course, having 100 bhp does help. I just wish Rahul's Polio had AD07s. 2:20 or 2:19 is easy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post


yeah agreed nikhil's NHC and palio (rahulkool's ?) were being driven really well. The Jaguar - was behind me at some point in time and was being driven very well - it did overtake and lap me a couple of times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yep, it was a NHC VTEC with a huge sticker on the bonnet. I lost count of the number of times it passed me on the track.

The 800 was being driven beautifully too.
The 800 was being driven by Manek. Awesome car, awesome driver

And thanks for the comments about my poor old, ridiculed, insulted,NHC Vtec



Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Well said. Race esteems were just nuts. They were driving in pack of 3 and were all over the place. I just given them room and if possible wave them pass.

Yes the black esteem was pretty aggressive, he is kinda expecting all the other folks to watch their mirrors.

Nikhil's NHC the black one ?
Thanks to you too for giving me room and for the "show"
Spun twice at the exact same spot and I saw em both.
He was driving the wheels off the thing.

The Esteems were being driven by guys who should have been kicked off the track. The black Esteem driver was a total jackass. He went between two cars(one of which was mine) WITHOUT any signal! Both of us had to swerve to avoid him.

The sad part is, if there was an accident, we would have been blamed, seeing that we are noobs.

And yes Riju, the black NHC Vtec with the big Ferrari sticker was mine. I was driving And you're welcome for the show I was driving the wheels off the thing but the amount of foolishness required to spin it is ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
infraction hahaha ! diesels I noticed was krish's getz crdi (grey) - the guy was easily overtaking the game over esteems on the straights and there was barely any sound from the diesel engine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I was riding shotgun in Krish's getz for around 5 laps, The tyres on getz were begging for mercy on the corners, I felt the car handling was decent, a nice tyres with those bucket loads of torque will add wonders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i guess now we know who is next in line for some advan neovas
Krish's diesel is fantastic! If my NHC Vtec with a dead steering and a ridiculously soft suspension could do 2:21 with AD07s, Krish can easily break the 2:20 barrier with AD07s.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 8th March 2010 at 21:37.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:44   #345
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

^^ by the way Nikhil what speeds were you able to maintain on those long right handers - c5/6/7. I think I remember you overtaking me there once (i think the only time we met on track) and you really disappeared quickly, even though I was doing 80kmph :-)
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMST Track Day: Pay & practice session on 24th July, 2016 (Sunday) d3mon Indian Motorsport 0 13th June 2016 10:57
Driven at MMST: The entire BMW M range (X5 M, X6 M, M3, M4, M5 & M6)! Vid6639 Super-Cars & Imports in India 23 23rd November 2015 14:45
MMST Track day on July 11, 2010 brraj Indian Motorsport 369 20th September 2010 20:03
Bangalore - MMST drive on 7th March morning for the P&P. Nikhilb2008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 37 8th March 2010 11:39
MMST Track day 20/07/2008 Mission_Safari The Team-BHP Meet Section 61 25th July 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks