Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 23:28   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,420
Thanked: 14,208 Times
Default

Guys, spectators need to confirm/ give their names? Or can they just turn up during the event?

I'd like to be a spectator, but cannot confirm as i have to get permission from office. (even for weekends! )
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 23:36   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 651 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sure - You are most welcome


Hey, can i borrow your Jawa Twin to ride on Track?

No problem da, but get Siddu to help me truck it there :P Bugger is conveniently avoiding replying to me
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 00:59   #78
BHPian
 
petrol_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 231
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey can I borrow your gypsy to truck my Jawa twin to the track and back
Now we have an extended session. Guys kindly report at 8 am instead of 1 pm. (just kidding.. please don't blame me if you turn up at 8)

@sid - buddy please turn up .. you are more than welcome. by the way im still wondering where you went missing on the second day of the Bangalore OTR.

@red liner - would it fit into a bolero? Im sure Headers would be more than willing to drive upto bangalore to pick it up.

Last edited by petrol_head : 5th February 2010 at 01:07.
petrol_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 08:47   #79
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

If somebody can confirm the dates I also would be interested to come and watch the squealing.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 08:48   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
If somebody can confirm the dates I also would be interested to come and watch the squealing.

March 07, 2010, is the most probable date
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 11:09   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

This thread seem to fly like a car on Nos. If I am in town on 7th March, I should be there as a spectator till the time I resist temptation to take my car onto the track.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 11:18   #82
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, spectators need to confirm/ give their names? Or can they just turn up during the event?

I'd like to be a spectator, but cannot confirm as i have to get permission from office. (even for weekends! )
Me too. So can we confirm as spectators a bit late? I would most probably tag along if someone is coming from Bangalore.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 14:50   #83
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

@redliner - glad u got the message .

well actually.. dude you are most welcome to take my gypsy, but you will probably need to take the hard top off.

BTW you are all talk , you didnt even turn up last time.
dont know when that jawa is gonna see the track.


@headers ,petrol head , venom rider - thanks guys,will definitely try to make it.

Last edited by siddartha : 5th February 2010 at 14:51.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 15:01   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 651 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Now we have an extended session. Guys kindly report at 8 am instead of 1 pm. (just kidding.. please don't blame me if you turn up at 8)

@sid - buddy please turn up .. you are more than welcome. by the way im still wondering where you went missing on the second day of the Bangalore OTR.

@red liner - would it fit into a bolero? Im sure Headers would be more than willing to drive upto bangalore to pick it up.
I dont think the middle bench in the Bolero can be removed. Its bolted on if I am not mistaken. That said, I am all game for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
@redliner - glad u got the message .

well actually.. dude you are most welcome to take my gypsy, but you will probably need to take the hard top off.

BTW you are all talk , you didnt even turn up last time.
dont know when that jawa is gonna see the track.


@headers ,petrol head , venom rider - thanks guys,will definitely try to make it.
I dare say I think it can fit into the vehicle with the hard top on...Mukund's is an open top, but I think the height was not an issue when he trucked his RD. Actually let me call Mukund and ask him if he up for another track day.

Last time around i gave up coming because of riding the twin all the way there and then beating her up on the track. Just dont have the heart to put miles on her.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 15:20   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I dont think the middle bench in the Bolero can be removed. Its bolted on if I am not mistaken.
@RL: I believe you have an MHAWK that can fold its rear seat unlike my Bolero. SO why look outside to truck your bike when you can as well load it in yours.

Should be possible - just give it a try
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 16:37   #86
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

For the newbies, is it possible to have practise sessions. Though it is pay & practice, i mean a pre-practice, before all the cars are let loose together.

It's getting very exciting and am getting very excited. I may not drive fast but for sure i will drive on the tracks.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 19:03   #87
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
For the newbies, is it possible to have practise sessions. Though it is pay & practice, i mean a pre-practice, before all the cars are let loose together.

It's getting very exciting and am getting very excited. I may not drive fast but for sure i will drive on the tracks.
I know how you feel buddy. I felt the same last time as it was my first time "on track". You can probably ride shotgun with some of the more experienced drivers to learn the lines. Anyway's you'll have plenty of "room" on track as all cars will not be doing their stuff at the same time. Just watch out for faster cars and make sure you don't block-em.

Or

You can get the "drivers on hire" to chauffeur you around the track too...
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 19:14   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
You can get the "drivers on hire" to chauffeur you around the track too...
What exactly the "hire" part entails? Is it standardized or is there some grading system?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 19:37   #89
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What exactly the "hire" part entails? Is it standardized or is there some grading system?
I ain't got no clue.

However the "drivers" are pretty good it seems and are equally good "on" and "off" the track .

Or so I've read.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 23:02   #90
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

HI guys !

I gonna make it this time for sure ! And guys, which car do u you think is better for a first timer on track ?

Swift VDI or SX4 ?

1. Nitrous - Esteem
2. Venom_rider - Esteem - CONFIRMED
3. Esteem Lover - Esteem / 800 mpfi 5 speed
4. Manek - 800
5. Mi10 - Swift 1.3 - CONFIRMED
6. 2themax - Swift 1.3
7. Slipstream - Swift 1.3 Ddis - Confirmed
8. Mr. Bean - Baleno
9. Fiery Emzyme - Baleno - CONFIRMED
10. Neoranjit - SX4 - CONFIRMED
11. Yzfrj - Zen - CONFIRMED
12. Perakath - Zen - CONFIRMED
13. Ikoneer - NHC
14. Phoenix - Getz Crdi
15. Pras.Oct25 - Verna Crdi - CONFIRMED
16. Propeller - Accent Crdi - Confirmed
17. Anachronix - Fiesta 1.6S - CONFIRMED
18. Gilead - Fiesta 1.6S
19. Petrol_Head - Ikon 1.6 - CONFIRMED
20. Narayan
21. Rahulkool - Palio 1.6 - CONFIRMED
22. Bottle - Palio 1.6 (unconfirmed)
23. Madan
24. Jagfx
25. Arjunrudra - Opel Corsa 1.6-CONFIRMED
26. GreaseMonk - Fiesta TDCi (subject to date)
27. BikerSG - 320d - CONFIRMED
28.Vibhu-(swift ddis/ sx4)- 90% CONFIRMED


As Vikram puts it - Drivers on Hire

1. Headers CONFIRMED
2. ex670c CONFIRMED

Spectators
1. Gansan + Aravind CONFIRMED.
2. Aargee CONFIRMED
3. Turbojc CONFIRMED
4. ElantraGT (Hari) CONFIRMED
vibhu_f430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMST Track Day: Pay & practice session on 24th July, 2016 (Sunday) d3mon Indian Motorsport 0 13th June 2016 10:57
Driven at MMST: The entire BMW M range (X5 M, X6 M, M3, M4, M5 & M6)! Vid6639 Super-Cars & Imports in India 23 23rd November 2015 14:45
MMST Track day on July 11, 2010 brraj Indian Motorsport 369 20th September 2010 20:03
Bangalore - MMST drive on 7th March morning for the P&P. Nikhilb2008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 37 8th March 2010 11:39
MMST Track day 20/07/2008 Mission_Safari The Team-BHP Meet Section 61 25th July 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks