Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 24th February 2010, 14:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Lets talk about India and the charges here. The moment you say "NURBERGRING" one would be ready to pay with his eyes closed, how often are you going to do that anyways.

If the price here is cheaper people like us would not mind going there more than once a month. Again expensive/cheap is a all dependant on an individuals capacity and willingness to spend on something.

So all we can do is sit back and time will tell us the truth. All i know is that its going to be a major hit initially(even at this price) and even later if the majority dosent find it expensive.
I think we are getting this whole thing Wrong.
The 10000 is for the Advanced Driving Training, or Rally school training. IMO, After getting a certificate, People can go there and Participate at a much lower cost, with their own cars on track days, and also go for practice/fun sessions etc by paying entry and track usage fees.
I am sure the promoters will also lease out the tracks on some days for say 2 hours or 4 hours at a price, when we can go there in a group and have our share of fun and thrill.
We will have to wait and see what and how they will decide the rules and make it a win win for all the fraternity, and their business proposition.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 14:10   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
True.

See the rates for the Madras Track:

Track Hire Charges:
Pay & Practice (Own Vehicle) - Sundays Only - MMSC Members Rs 600 ( 4w) / Rs 200 ( 2w). Non Members Rs 1000 (4w) / Rs 400 ( 2w) per session
Session Timings - 0900 to 1300 for 2 Wheelers / 1300 to 1700 hrs for 4 Wheelers
Corporate Exclusive Day Rs 1,00,000 per day.
Testing for anyone from automobile / component Industry - Rs 40,000 for 4w / Rs 20,000 for 2w per day .
Movie (Film) Shooting Rs 1,00,000 per day.
Track Rental for RACE Events; Rs 3 Lakhs for Sunday , Rs 2 lakhs any weekday .
Note: Non Competing Advertising Fee of Rs 5 lakhs payable additionally for Titled Events from any 2w or tyre manufacturer other than our two track sponsors.

Source: MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 14:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
The 10000 is for the Advanced Driving Training, or Rally school training.

We will have to wait and see what and how they will decide the rules and make it a win win for all the fraternity, and their business proposition.
Exactly, 10k for training but which last ONLY for a day. Thats the point. I am sure they cant afford to charge 10k for participating in events.

As you say we will have to wait and see if its a win win situation. I really hope it is!!!
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 20:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

dippy when will they start with their courses on things like car control? i know im gonna go for it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 22:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Since they a have huge area, would be great if they can include an area for Radio Control car racing as well. Hardly any work is required for the facility. A 7-8 feet tall drivers stand, a clearly demarked track and pit area is all that is required.

Any contact details of the promoter?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 24th February 2010 at 22:32.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 00:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME !! Some questions for anyone in the know (Dippy, GTO?)

1. Contact Details of the promoters?
2. Can one have access to their vehicles if one doesn't want to run one's own car on the tracks.
3. Is there a detailed break down of the what the one day course would cover.
Axe77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 00:26   #37
BHPian

now you're talking! only a short hop from mumbai, if they can organise a trackday right, the pricing, facilities, all i have to do is persuade the wife's dad to lend me his brand new swift......

as for cost, the question is more about worth, as in what's it worth to you? to me this summer i get to do laps of the spa F1 circuit and the ring, in my own car. the cost for the week will be pretty high, but the experience, and memories? priceless.

every trackday is the same, you have a little groan when you see the costings, my next one at bedford autodrome will be 119 for entry, the same for fuel, plus other bits, will work out to a 300-350 day. but when you get into it, and start nailing a series of corners, feeling the car flow more smoothly from your actions, rather than sawing away on the wheel and stamping on the pedals, that worth every penny.
jai-uno-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 10:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dippy when will they start with their courses on things like car control? i know im gonna go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

2. Can one have access to their vehicles if one doesn't want to run one's own car on the tracks.
3. Is there a detailed break down of the what the one day course would cover.

Contact details on their website Automission Motorsport

As mentioned by Pradeep in my conversation with him, They will have their own cars which will be rented out to those who want to drive around. These cars will be maintained by Automission itself. About the course details take a look at my post on page one where I have put a detailed report of my conversation with Pradeep Nair. He has promised me more info soon and I will update that here.

@akshay: The school is in the process of acquiring rally cars. Expect the courses to start in 2 months max.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 15:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Contact details on their website Automission Motorsport

As mentioned by Pradeep in my conversation with him, They will have their own cars which will be rented out to those who want to drive around. These cars will be maintained by Automission itself. About the course details take a look at my post on page one where I have put a detailed report of my conversation with Pradeep Nair. He has promised me more info soon and I will update that here.

@akshay: The school is in the process of acquiring rally cars. Expect the courses to start in 2 months max.

Hi Dippy,

As per scooby05's post, after getting a certificate, People can go there and with their own cars on track days and also go for practice/fun sessions etc by paying entry and track usage fees.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 22:54   #40
BHPian

in terms of getting started there, gaining certificate etc, would i need to have an indian driving license? i only ask as all the trackdays i have been to in the UK, require a full UK license.
jai-uno-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 08:32   #41
BHPian

A video shot from inside the car doing a hot lap would be really nice.
iamkapilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 10:01   #42
BHPian

Excellent news...just made my sunday morning
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 23:50   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdrifter View Post
Whose Forester is that?
Someone from the track's management. My first question to him "What did you get first? The Track or the Forester? "

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Can anybody let me know the exact address? I can just go & have a first look.
Give you the simplest directions possible:

1. Get on to the Mumbai-Pune expressway (in the direction of Pune, of course).

2. Right at the first toll naka (and I mean RIGHT AT), take a left U-turn and proceed toward the old Mumbai-Pune highway. You will make this left U turn immediately after paying toll. Just ask for directions if confused.

3. Follow the long winding road till you hit the ol' Mumbai-Pune highway. Make a right.

4. Straight for another 2 - 3 kms and you should see the "Automission Driving School" Board on your right.

Carry their phone number (available on the website) along with you just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Very soon. They are in the process of ordering a dozen ex-rally cars (Esteems and the like) from down South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Since they a have huge area, would be great if they can include an area for Radio Control car racing as well.
Good point, mail4ajo. I don't see why this should be a problem. RC car enthusiasts in Mumbai have been on the lookout for some good tracks. Right now, most of their action is on makeshift territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Their website is best : Linky. You'll see Pradip's direct email address on the "contact us" page.

Quote:
Sure can (for a fee of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-uno-t View Post
in terms of getting started there, gaining certificate etc, would i need to have an indian driving license?
I'd presume so. Though, its best to check with Pradip if DLs from other countries are allowed or not.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:47   #44
BHPian

Brilliant. Looking at the course, all I can say is 'Yum'

Makes me want to break the speed barriers smashing the pedal to the metal. Jealous for you Pune and Mumbaites.
nutcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

I only see a karting track. Dont they have a proper tarmac circuit for cars?

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote