Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 13th July 2010, 13:59   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Wow! I am a big fan of the Mondeo. I like it a lot. Don't have some videos like the last time. You Southies seem to have all the fun when it comes to driving!
Also, I saw a Figo there too, how did it fare?
I posted a video from iniside the Mondeo a couple of pages back.

The Figo was brand new and it was not pushed too much I guess. I followed it for half a lap before overtaking it and it seemed to be handling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan666 View Post
Care to post the lap times?
I did a 2:41. Nikhil did a 2:21 I think. Not sure what nitrous did in the Wagon R.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:34   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Not sure what nitrous did in the Wagon R.
I don't think Nitrous pushed the Wagon R at all, he was gently going around to show me the lines, I also doubt he would get onto the track in a Wagon R with the motive of setting a time.

Request: Does anyone have the action shot of the Wagon R, if so can you please share the same. Thanks

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 13th July 2010 at 14:45. Reason: Request made
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:43   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Looks like you guys had awesome fun... Too bad I couldn't be there :(
I will be there come what may, the next time around.

Good pics riju & Awesome awesome pan shots Rahul.

Cheers!
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
I posted a video from iniside the Mondeo a couple of pages back.

The Figo was brand new and it was not pushed too much I guess. I followed it for half a lap before overtaking it and it seemed to be handling well.

I did a 2:41. Nikhil did a 2:21 I think. Not sure what nitrous did in the Wagon R.
I saw the Figo couple of times in the corners and tyres were screeching pretty bad, i guess you must be driving real slow behind it in Mondeo so the impression it was not pushed .
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:46   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I don't think Nitrous pushed the Wagon R at all, he was gently going around to show me the lines, I also doubt he would get onto the track in a Wagon R with the motive of setting a time.
Yep, I am sure he was not out there to 'set' a time, but just curious to know it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I saw the Figo couple of times in the corners and tyres were screeching pretty bad, i guess you must be driving real slow behind it in Mondeo so the impression it was not pushed .
The Mondeo is as silent as a tomb inside. With the windows up and AC on, I couldn't even hear much of the diesel engine let alone the screeching of tires about 50 meters in front of me. It was one of the few cars I overtook so I got the impression it was not being pushed. lol

The other cars I overtook were an 800, a Fabia and a green OHC (non vtec). A black vtec was really fast on the track. Guess it was manek's?

Last edited by Gilead : 13th July 2010 at 15:50.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:07   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Good pics riju
You should have bee there Goutham.

Pics thanks goes to Sundar, not too sure if he is in "this" forum.
He is there in the other one.

@Gilead - Black Vtec was Manek's

@Rahulkool - Personally I don't think the D Mondeo was that fast. I overtook the think very easily and I was not exactly "fast". Hot rod can validate as we were casually chatting away when we did that.

Figo was scary.

@Bottle - Nice meeting you man.
@Hot rod - thanks for the drive in your car. The best sounding Indica ever...!

Last edited by yzfrj : 13th July 2010 at 16:10.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 16:32   #261
Senior - BHPian

yzfrj, yeah, the best time the D Mondeo did was 2:41. Not sure where you overtook us, but we had a spin at the right hander after the back straight. Since that was the first spin in our lives, we took it a little 'slow' for half a lap. Then we discovered the car could drift nicely on corners and had a lot of fun doing that. It did spin out another three times.

Is the Figo owner on thos forum? He seemed like a nice chap.

Rahul: Hope you don't mind if I borrowed a couple of your snaps?

Last edited by Gilead : 13th July 2010 at 16:37.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:38   #262
BHPian

I drove on this track for the first time and really enjoyed every minute of it. I realized that ESP can make a major difference in cornering. As Brraj sat both with me and Mondeo to tell how effortless mondeo was compared to elantra. Thanks to manek for showing the lines one needs to take in the track. The highlight was that i was able to keep up with manek and Vikrams' mondeo respectively, without too much of an hassle. So i need to push myself next time around, hope transponders will be there to see how good i get during the course of the track day. The drive in 800 with rocky was eventful with one spin right in front of the other 3 cars, need top accept it was a little scary though. Rocky080 did a respectable 2:36 secs in his 800 on a timed lap. Meanwhile never realized punto was that quick as we were closing in on it on a timed lap. I did sit with nikhil in his vtec; after seeing the massive amount of grip his tyres provided want to have either neovas or pp2s' next time on track. P.S : Elantra gave me an amazing mileage through the trip though i did only 14 laps on track including in and out laps.

Last edited by raj.barcode : 13th July 2010 at 16:45.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 16:48   #263

It was an awesome experience. We reached late since my OHC had some issues with the drive shaft. Some vtec's were really fast on the track and am sure they must have clocked some good lap times.
@Gilead - Both me and my fren (Ashish) were drivin green OHC (non-vtec), must be one of us .
@Rahul - Thanks a ton for the cool pics.
@eagle_f1 - Nice meeting you.

Looking forward for another such event.
chumde7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 17:36   #264
BHPian

Folks, apologies as i couldn,t make it. last minute domestic compulsion kept me and my anhc away. and, d**n, it looks like a real good track session. can,t wait for the next one, weather permitting. i pass the track everyday to work and am passing it wistfully right now as i type. missed comparing my unmodded stock anhc with other older stock and souped up vtecs as well.
chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 18:42   #265
BHPian

It was a awesome trackday! Had super fun! Big thanks to the organisers!

Saw some cars going really fast like shantanu, binz, nikhil, grey getz n stuff!

Shantanu did a best of 2:15:6 seconds on the Vbox! with G3's on! I think if he had better tyres probably would have shaved atleast 3-4 seconds easily.
Unfortunately, on the way to the track I somehow managed to damage my crankcase and had my engine oil started to leak. Got to know this only after I had done some sighting laps on the track. The oil spilled onto everything in the engine bay and somehow found its way on the disks, thereby, I had lost my brakes for a little while.

But, anyhow, all in all a awesome day!

Cheers,
Shrey

PS: BTW, even I have a black ohc vtec!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 13th July 2010 at 18:58.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 18:49   #266
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Had a nice time at the track. My initial laps were horrible as i was still getting used to the long loop.

My very first lap was a pedestrian 2:26, which dropped to about 2:21 by the end of the first stint.

On the 2nd stint, i was begining to get my braking points right and averaged around the 2:18-2:19 mark.

On my final stint, i got the vbox fitted onto my car and did about 6-7 runs where i clocked a best time of 2:15.6. It was a good lap but im sure i could have improved a bit but unfortunately my car had very less fuel in it and started cutting off around corners. I was just too tired to go fill up and do another session.

All in all, i managed about 27laps (100kms) and the car averaged around 6.5kmpl. LOL The car and tyres did well. Didn't face any issues on the way back. Still have another 410km drive back to Hubli.

I plan to get the car back if there is another track event around Nov-Dec, shall go after that sub 2:15 lap, next time.

PS : I found the track to be bumpier than expected (especially around C1). Not a good thing to have when you're attacking it at over 140kmph.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 13th July 2010 at 18:51.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 19:16   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure where you overtook us,
Not sure where it was I came to know it was you guys were in the D Mondeo from the forum. As there were only 2 Mondeo's and the other one was Petrol. I could see the some smoke from the tail and saw the D sticker on the fuel cap as I passed. TN-22 plates if my memory servers me right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
i got the vbox fitted onto my car and did about 6-7 runs where i clocked a best time of 2:15.6.

PS : I found the track to be bumpier than expected (especially around C1). Not a good thing to have when you're attacking it at over 140kmph.
Shan2nu
That is awesome.
:( did't know timing equipment was available. I'd have loved to see how slow I was.

C1 @ 140km/Hr ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 13th July 2010 at 19:21.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 19:26   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
:( did't know timing equipment was available. I'd have loved to see how slow I was.
It wasn't mine though. We had borrowed it from a friend who wasn't able to join us.

Quote:
C1 @ 140km/Hr ?
This wasn't the speed at the apex. It was the speed at which i was entering the corner near the MMSC arc.

Shan2nu
Old 13th July 2010, 19:38   #269
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu, why dont you post the vbox timing sheet with everyones timing, lets see who has done what. Your 2.15.xx is commendable on those on those 5yr old G IIIs. Way to go mate...
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 19:56   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shantanu, why dont you post the vbox timing sheet with everyones timing, lets see who has done what.
It wasn't mine. Shrey had borrowed it from Venkat. Shall def do it once i get the sheet.

shan2nu