Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 13th July 2010, 19:57   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
I realized that ESP can make a major difference in cornering. As Brraj sat both with me and Mondeo to tell how effortless mondeo was compared to elantra.
Didn't even know the Mondeo came with ESP. lol Guess it was off in ours as the rear was sliding out under hard cornering. Switch it off next time. It will be a lot more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumde7 View Post
@Gilead - Both me and my fren (Ashish) were drivin green OHC (non-vtec), must be one of us .
There were two green OHC non-vtecs on the track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

PS: BTW, even I have a black ohc vtec!
Does yours have a meaty growl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
PS : I found the track to be bumpier than expected (especially around C1). Not a good thing to have when you're attacking it at over 140kmph.

Shan2nu
Great timings. What was your max speed on the back straight? I think I was taking C1 at 90 and max speed on the back was 130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Not sure where it was I came to know it was you guys were in the D Mondeo from the forum. As there were only 2 Mondeo's and the other one was Petrol. I could see the some smoke from the tail and saw the D sticker on the fuel cap as I passed. TN-22 plates if my memory servers me right.
Must have been on the other forum. It was TN-20 plates. Diesel is great on the highway, but not so great on the track. Only petrols next time baby.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 20:53   #272
BHPian

Quote:
This wasn't the speed at the apex. It was the speed at which i was entering the corner near the MMSC arc.
Ok. Max I was able to do was around 120Km/Hr through C1 before guts ran out, then grip, then road in that order.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:18   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS : I found the track to be bumpier than expected (especially around C1). Not a good thing to have when you're attacking it at over 140kmph.
Yup, there is a bump right on the line!!

Good timing buddy!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:21   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@Rahulkool - Personally I don't think the D Mondeo was that fast. I overtook the think very easily and I was not exactly "fast". Hot rod can validate as we were casually chatting away when we did that.
I have no idea mate, didn't even knew it was a Diesel. I was just kidding in that post hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

Rahul: Hope you don't mind if I borrowed a couple of your snaps?
Yeah no problem go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumde7 View Post
@Rahul - Thanks a ton for the cool pics.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Had a nice time at the track. My initial laps were horrible as i was still getting used to the long loop.

My very first lap was a pedestrian 2:26, which dropped to about 2:21 by the end of the first stint.

On the 2nd stint, i was begining to get my braking points right and averaged around the 2:18-2:19 mark.

On my final stint, i got the vbox fitted onto my car and did about 6-7 runs where i clocked a best time of 2:15.6. It was a good lap but im sure i could have improved a bit but unfortunately my car had very less fuel in it and started cutting off around corners. I was just too tired to go fill up and do another session.

All in all, i managed about 27laps (100kms) and the car averaged around 6.5kmpl. LOL The car and tyres did well. Didn't face any issues on the way back. Still have another 410km drive back to Hubli.

I plan to get the car back if there is another track event around Nov-Dec, shall go after that sub 2:15 lap, next time.

Shan2nu
Excellent timings there man.
Rahulkool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:25   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post

Pig on the track. Never expected this.

Sorry guys, Unable to turn up for the day as i had an interview today. Hope you enjoyed a lot.
I think thats a secret joint venture AWD with innovative Spoiler, between Fiat and Ford, testing on the track.. A "PIGO"

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 14th July 2010 at 09:26.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 10:18   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Shantanu did a best of 2:15:6 seconds on the Vbox! with G3's on! I think if he had better tyres probably would have shaved atleast 3-4 seconds easily.
You should have informed me about the VBox as people were eager to know their timing aswell.

@Shan2nu - Good timing dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I think thats a secret joint venture AWD with innovative Spoiler, between Fiat and Ford, testing on the track.. A "PIGO"
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 10:33   #277
BHPian

Hey ppl...been following the thread...out of curiosity, do the road cars typically carry less speed through the corners than the indian bikes (i'm assuming these are road setup cars)? how much of it is driver? i'm asking coz i see some pretty high speeds being touched but laptimes dont seem to match...i'm not much of a car person so forgive me if its a silly question...just trying to understand the primary factor holding back the cars

Last edited by Killer : 14th July 2010 at 10:34.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 10:44   #278
Senior - BHPian

@Raja Taurus
That must be a "Pord Pigo" I suppose!
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 11:50   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Hey ppl...been following the thread...out of curiosity, do the road cars typically carry less speed through the corners than the indian bikes (i'm assuming these are road setup cars)? how much of it is driver? i'm asking coz i see some pretty high speeds being touched but laptimes dont seem to match...i'm not much of a car person so forgive me if its a silly question...just trying to understand the primary factor holding back the cars

A Bike has 2 wheels and a car 4. weight, power to weight, road width to vehicle width etc play a key role in carrying speed through corners.

When it comes to safety, a car is more safe than 2 wheels.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:15   #280
BHPian

@headers - ok i'm not a total noob hehe....still doesnt answer my question though. The cars seem to be touching pretty good speeds compared to the indian bikes...so out of corner acceleration / topspeed cant be an issue. I'm trying to understand where the bulk of time is being lost. I actually thought the cars would carry higher corner speeds, or is that not true for road setup cars?? too much roll from stock suspension? do you have to backoff a lot on entry? how much tire factor? how much driver factor? these are the answers i'm looking for.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:23   #281
Senior - BHPian

^ What kind of speeds do you do on a bike while entering a corner / exit and on straights ? and what laptimes

I'm guessing acceleration should be better on a bike compared to a bike and probably would be able to carry in more speed
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:30   #282
BHPian

Yep! thats my car!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

Does yours have a meaty growl?
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:36   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ What kind of speeds do you do on a bike while entering a corner / exit and on straights ? and what laptimes

I'm guessing acceleration should be better on a bike compared to a bike and probably would be able to carry in more speed
So let use a stock R15 for example since i have good data for that. Entry into C1 is at ~117kph true speed (about 125 on the speedo) and exit out is ~115kph (120 speedo indicated). Backstraight true topspeed ~120kph (128 on speedo). Laptime 2:15 in the hands of a expert class rider. Rider factor is huge for the bikes.

Yes i think entry speeds would be higher on the bikes especially around the tight chennai track. I'm unsure about the acceleration though, since some of these cars seem to be touching good speeds, they obviously accelerate quick.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:12   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That must be a "Pord Pigo" I suppose!
Small correction: PORK PIGO
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 13:20   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
So let use a stock R15 for example since i have good data for that. Entry into C1 is at ~117kph true speed (about 125 on the speedo) and exit out is ~115kph (120 speedo indicated). Backstraight true topspeed ~120kph (128 on speedo). Laptime 2:15 in the hands of a expert class rider. Rider factor is huge for the bikes.
A prepared esteem's entry speed at c1 is 140 kph. and does 160 front and back straights.

Also timings achieved are 2.01 to 2.09m in the hands of an expert.