Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 31st July 2010, 21:38   #1
BHPian

Default INRC 2010 2 wheelers - Round 1, Coimbatore

Surprised not to find any thread on the 2wheeler INRC 2010, Round 1 held in Coimbatore. Exactly at Kethanur of Palladam tq.

I will be there to videoshoot if I will wake up before 3am tomorrow. Yes I will be riding all the way from Bangy to Coimby on my beloved Pulsar. Will be uploading the videos asap when I return to Bangy.

Oh, forgot this event is held tomorrow between 8am to 3pm at the above mentioned venue.
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:59   #2
BHPian

Hey...

updates and pics please. and how was the whole experience?
megazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:45   #3
BHPian

Hi I was up by 3 & left home by 3.40am towards Coimbatore with all the necessary gears (handycam, tripod, a spare rain-suit, a spare tube incase of puncture enroute, & electric 12V airpump, some packs of biscuits & a water bottle).

I was late to the venue (reached there by 10.30am) & also the second round had started. I stopped at the service park to meet some of the riders & exchanged greetings. So by 11.30 I was at the track somewhere near to the end of Stage1. Some videos are here below, more in my blog.

I initially thought that the TO journey would be covered by under 5 hours, but it took a exhaustive 7 hours. Exhaustive because of the heavy back pack of all the stuff in it.

There were some protests which took more time than anybody had guessed. I could not stop for the prize distribution as it was getting late for my return journey. It was 5.30pm that I started back homewards. This time I took the Sathyamangalam, Kollegala route, which was winding & not BORING like the Salem, Hosur route. The route was really thrilling with winding roads, despite the pain in my shoulder & back from the luggage (at this point the goodies in my bag felt like luggage). I made a stop to say 'Hello' to the good samaritan policemen at the Punjur police checkpost at the TN, KA border.

It was at my last & first journey through this forest/nature route that I had a very bad fall from my bike in the darkest nights due to unnoticed puncture in front wheel, while returning from the Dakshin Dare endurance rally event that I had participated in early June 2010. I was offered a place to rest for the night at the check-post as I was badly hurt (no open wound though) & was in real pain. It made this place & people a memorable one for my life!

Yeah, I clocked 780kms in one day to & fro (with about ~10kms of stage riding , when the stage was open after the final round of the rally).

Last edited by tantragna : 2nd August 2010 at 19:48.
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote