Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 11th December 2005, 11:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt anyone verify using a stopwatch.
But how do you know when the cars cross the 400m mark if you're standing at the other end? Did they have some sort of an indication?

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 18:34   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

dom its been 5 days yaar and still no sign of ur post with the timings..i know ur kinda too busy at the moment but dont u think u its high time that we get to see the timings..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 22:54   #138
Team-BHP Support

ok official notice board timings.. dont know some dumbasses flicked the timings of the 800 and upto 1300 cc class by the time i reached the board..

no rt et and all.. :P
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2005, 17:01   #139
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
I saw this apex muffler tip in metro(cash and carry).If i am not mistaken,it is black,has a chrome cover with apex on it.There is a cut at the bottom like a whistle which makes the sound.No modifications required and i think it cost 450rs

binz
Let me begin with Multiple Apologies...
First one for using too much slang...
Second one for getting a warning by the MOD for talkin about unwanted things.
Third one for rubbing other bhpians on the wrong part.
Fourth one for being a spoilt sport.
Fifth one onwards for things that I have done and that I am not aware of.

I am not trying to prove a point but to tell everyone that I am sorry.
I can only justify these to myself by saying and I went crazy and I cudnt hold on, when i saw enuff space for me to try some stunts.

Well I know I havent been honest when it comes to the stuff I have packed into my car... So I have to keep my mouth shut when somebody comes upto me and say that the Spooling sound from my car comes from my my exhaust due to a exhaust tip cap. hahahaha that can be brought for Rs450.

Lemme give you guys something to ponder... I am learning too..
The whisling or Spooling sound can be generated by a Turbo charger with a BOV and Electronic Boost Control and it can be exagerated by having a tuned Exhaust, say cat back preferably. When I say exhaust, the statement is incomplete. I would have to say Intake Filter, header, Exhaust header,downpipe,muffler.
Ofcourse Nitrous Shots can give that kinda sound too...

See ya
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2005, 20:08   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hey Neo, I dunno about the others, but I appreciate the way you have been honest in apologizing for certain things. I remember how it feels when you get an open space, and you're running on 100 octane adrenaline. Nothing happened, so it's alright. Next time, just rein all your brake horses in!

BTW, I see that you still haven't been very clear about what you're actually running under the hood. It could be a turbo-type generator, a whistle exhaust, a full turbocharger setup with BOVs hissing away to glory, or God forbid, a nitrous install. Please enlighten us!!!

ps. please do not try nitrous runs on public roads. The sort of boost you get is insane, and it is instant. From experience, it is not the safest thing to do.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2005, 22:44   #141
BHPian

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey Neo, I dunno about the others, but I appreciate the way you have been honest in apologizing for certain things. I remember how it feels when you get an open space, and you're running on 100 octane adrenaline. Nothing happened, so it's alright. Next time, just rein all your brake horses in!
ps. please do not try nitrous runs on public roads. The sort of boost you get is insane, and it is instant. From experience, it is not the safest thing to do.
I am delighted to see that I am not considered outlaw... Well u got the point, adrenaline... Thank you for accepting my apologies.
I am a bit confused about my driving habits... Definitely. And I know this is not the right forum.. But I promise everybody... Safety is a concern and I intend to make sure everyperson who passes by my side when I overtake is safe and no harm is inflicted to them... Yes 100% i follow this rule... I promise that I will never accept hurting somebody else coz that is not fair at all.
And about my car!!!
No NOS!!! ONLY TURBO!!! Yooo!!!
I love the idea of getting instant Nirvana, but when u can get that constantly why go to the instant one...
Old 16th December 2005, 23:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

Neo, cool man, appreciate your humble appologies....it takes a man to confess! Stop making mistakes so that you can stop appologizing.
Anyways, its cool to hear you got turbo in your zing! Not many people would would wanna turbo a tallboy.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 13:21   #143
BHPian

What were the final results in the indian open class cars.And upto 1300cc.
1st three timings in each class would do.
cinclaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 00:07   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
I am delighted to see that I am not considered outlaw... Well u got the point, adrenaline... Thank you for accepting my apologies.
I am a bit confused about my driving habits... Definitely. And I know this is not the right forum.. But I promise everybody... Safety is a concern and I intend to make sure everyperson who passes by my side when I overtake is safe and no harm is inflicted to them... Yes 100% i follow this rule... I promise that I will never accept hurting somebody else coz that is not fair at all.
And about my car!!!
I love the idea of getting instant Nirvana, but when u can get that constantly why go to the instant one...
Bro... first thing i did not know that you can get a turbo for a 1.1L engine .. no offence but if you have then i would like to see it.. also do u have a intercooler installed IF u have a turbo.. and do you have a silver santro because the other night some guy in a silver santro tried taking on my car.. it had a weird whistlin sound so i let him overtake me and saw the whistle type exhaust outlet in his car.. is that you?? and do post pics of the turbo, manifold and the intakes.. and the waste gates if you have them installed....
PS: sorry for posting on this thread..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 01:39   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Bro... first thing i did not know that you can get a turbo for a 1.1L engine .. no offence but if you have then i would like to see it.. also do u have a intercooler installed IF u have a turbo.. and do you have a silver santro because the other night some guy in a silver santro tried taking on my car.. it had a weird whistlin sound so i let him overtake me and saw the whistle type exhaust outlet in his car.. is that you?? and do post pics of the turbo, manifold and the intakes.. and the waste gates if you have them installed....
PS: sorry for posting on this thread..
Hello bro...
Lot of things are funny on my car, no that turbo is not meant for a 1.1l engine... No i havent installed intercooler... howeva i got one its lying down at my garage in kerala... gotta make some changes on the front for that... Yes waste gate came wit the turbo and BOV has been installed and is fully operational. I cant reveal the details, coz it like showing off your tyre even before you buy the car.. I havnt taken a single pic of the turbo installed coz i want to keep in a secret untill i complete the work. The installation is a wreck and lot of homework need to be done. The whole boost has been vented out and actually it for the name sake and no gud. But I will complete what I have started. Will need help from the turbo gurus...

My santro is in kerala and right now i drive a palio... Momz using my car i think... the santro left bangalore last friday so i dont think it wud be mine if u have seen it this week... move over u can see my car in the avatar. So its pretty recognisable from all sides. And in nite it gets even better with the blue neons all around.

Becoz of me talkin about my car and my notorious driving style, I have spoiled my reputation and my image and hence will not talk about my car anymore.

Thank you.
Sorry.
Old 26th December 2005, 02:32   #146
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. i am not telling that u dont have a turbo or anything.. hope things work out for that but i am sure the santro was yours because it was around a month back or so(not sure).. chinnaswami stadium road.. you tried to take on a blue esteem and now since you mentioned the neons i am sure its you.. no offence but i thought the sound was from the PIAA whistling tailpipe you had.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 02:58   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Dude.. i am not telling that u dont have a turbo or anything.. hope things work out for that but i am sure the santro was yours because it was around a month back or so(not sure).. chinnaswami stadium road.. you tried to take on a blue esteem and now since you mentioned the neons i am sure its you.. no offence but i thought the sound was from the PIAA whistling tailpipe you had.
I can understand, i have heard all sort of comments about it and got used to it.
I normally agree to what ever comments i get... But i have already mentioned earlier that i got a turbo and no more want to hide... Its a apex exhaust cap which covers the tailpipe and i put that in for show. I doesnt make any sound or difference.
Old 5th January 2006, 06:26   #148
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic:
Quote:
And about my car!!!
This guy can't afford fuel and he has 'TURBO' in his Santro.Is there a single bhpian here who believes this cr@p.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 09:52   #149
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Offtopic:

This guy can't afford fuel and he has 'TURBO' in his Santro.Is there a single bhpian here who believes this cr@p.
hhhmm .. Well nitrous anna i know seeing is believeing , none of us have peeped under his hood before .. Didnt let us , but in due time im sure he will .. Well we do suspect that he MIGHT have a turbo so lets not write him off this way ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 14:41   #150
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it's right to call it crap, Nitrous. There are other members who claim to have turbo installs, and just because we haven't seen them, doesnt mean they don't exist. Please appreciate that general neo has accepted that the turbo setup is not effective at present, and leave it at that.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote