Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 4th August 2010, 12:39   #1
BHPian

Default INRC 2010, 4 wheelers - Round 2, Kethanur, Coimbatore

Hi Guys,

The INRC 2010 Round-2 for 4-wheelers is held in this weeked on 7th & 8th at the wind mill farms, Kethanur, Coimbatore. I will be attending & video shooting most of the sections of the rally along with my friend. I was there last weekend for the Round-1 of 2-wheeler rally. The weather was cool & cloudy, hope it is the same this weekend too. Raincoats would advised in case it rains (umbrellas wont work, remember its a wind mill with strong gushy winds).

Anyone joining the party? You can find the sat map on http://www.wikimapia.org, you can give a search as 'INRC', as I have marked the place.
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 20:57   #2

Hi

I am planning to make it too. when are you guys planning to hit the farms. what time are they starting off. Your thread on the 2 wheeler was interesting. so thought i will give it a shot. need more info on this event. do u know where to find it.
sing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 09:48   #3
BHPian

@tantragna,

Please do get some good quality videos. There is a dearth of such videos on youtube.
NOS Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 10:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sing1234 View Post
Hi

I am planning to make it too. when are you guys planning to hit the farms. what time are they starting off. Your thread on the 2 wheeler was interesting. so thought i will give it a shot. need more info on this event. do u know where to find it.
We have planned to make it by 7.30am at Kethanur or Manthripalayam village & walk into the wind mill farms. So that we can walk alongside the tracks to capture better views at different times, or something like that! Donno what would be better. Oh.. more info can be found over http://www.INRC.in or http://www.FMSCI.in Check out the SR for round 2, which has complete details of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
@tantragna,

Please do get some good quality videos. There is a dearth of such videos on youtube.

Sure NOS! I know & always wonder why in the world's second populated country this sport's media is so poor, whereas in other countries the relay in tv & internet media is so much better!

Will try for the best shooting locations, since we are going in early morning for the 2nd day of the event which starts at 7.45am & ends sooner by 10.00am in the wind farm stages. The SSS is at 1.40pm in the Coimbatore city, so comparatively it should be easier to deal with.

Last edited by tantragna : 5th August 2010 at 10:38.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

What is the directions to reach the place from Salem side?
One of my friend wish to come though I am not.

Last edited by coolclouds : 5th August 2010 at 11:20.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
What is the directions to reach the place from Salem side?
One of my friend wish to come though I am not.
Salem, Erode, Tirupur, Palladam, Kethanur. Please check google maps or wikimpia.org for better orientation.
Old 7th August 2010, 15:49   #7
BHPian

Latest news, Gaurav Gill DNF at stage 4 today. Naren Leading!

Live updates here
Old 7th August 2010, 18:27   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the coverage tantragna. 54 cars is quite an amazing turnout for the event.

Whats the new format?
Bikes and cars are happening a few days apart and not combined like before?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 00:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna
Gaurav Gill DNF at stage 4 today.
This dude must a real car wrecker.
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thanks for the coverage tantragna. 54 cars is quite an amazing turnout for the event.

Whats the new format?
Bikes and cars are happening a few days apart and not combined like before?
54 is a good count, this must have been exciting at the very first few stages on Day1/Leg1 before the dropouts happened!

I don't know much about older formats for 2w & 4w Mpower, but surely front recent times it is done as separate events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This dude must a real car wrecker.
How to comment on this? To put straight, he toys around those cars ,which we normal guys think as the muscle cars. Best part is that, in SSS stage he almost made us pee in our pants as he took on the very first lap at the corner we were holding, & just before he took on the 2nd & final lap the car's transmission gave up saying NO MORE to a dead halt . Not to forget that we were coated with atleast a kilo of their driven off dirt on us the spectators, which made myself & my friend very hard to recognize each other at the end of the show. We both went together to watch the event at Coimbatore all the way from Bangalore, which I am getting addicted nowadays!

Some videos which are uploaded until now.

As uploaded the rest will be put up at my blog link here, please do watch & comment please!

Last edited by tantragna : 9th August 2010 at 13:36.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:35   #11

Quite an effort. Indian Rally Scene is Changing. Just the way Red Rooster Racing made MRF eat dust at Coimbatore INRC
Attached Images

soms201174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 10:26   #12
BHPian

I like the professional approach of Red Rooster team, much needed for the rally sports!

Very well organised & also smells very international! Way to go Red Rooster , keep the spirits up as always!
Attached Thumbnails
INRC 2010, 4 wheelers - Round 2, Kethanur, Coimbatore-dsc00457.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 23:05   #13
BHPian

Default Inrc On Tv

Speed INRC Rally of Coimbatore on Overdrive. CNBC-TV18: Sat(21/8)@1.00pm and 10.00pm, Sun(22/8)@12.30pm and 7.30pm, Tuesday(24/8) @ 6.30pm. CNN-IBN: Sat(21/8) @ 3.30pm.

Check out our Team TORQ03 Racing pics @ http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1291008&ref=mf

Last edited by memo45_m : 21st August 2010 at 23:06. Reason: additions
memo45_m is offline   Reply With Quote