Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 15th September 2010, 23:01   #1
BANNED

Default Drag Race in Delhi/Noida?

I heard rumors of A drag happening in Delhi/Noida in the coming weeks. Is it true or is it just a Rumor. Please Do put up the details of the event if it is actually happening. I also hear that the timing gear is about to leave Bombay.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 23:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I heard rumors of A drag happening in Delhi/Noida in the coming weeks. Is it true or is it just a Rumor. Please Do put up the details of the event if it is actually happening. I also hear that the timing gear is about to leave Bombay.
ya I have heard something similar. A friend informed me about the same last week. I think its the redline 2 (not sure of the name) but it is organised on 19th of September (comming sunday) near the DND flyover connecting delhi and noida. The entry ticket if I remember right is 500 per car for 2 drags if you register online and 1k if you register on the spot. Its an official event and will be covered by the media.

I had plans to participate but cant as I have some classes on sunday which I cant afford to miss.

I will confirm the name of the event with my friend tomorrow and correct it if I am wrong.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 23:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

It's Redline 2 to be held on Sunday, 19th September, 2010 in Greater Noida. I got a Facebook PM about the Event mentioning the link: Welcome to Facebook

Mods, I'm not related to the organizers and I'm not promoting an illegal event. I've been told that necessary permissions have been taken. In case my link flouts Forum norms please delete/ modify.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Redline 2 was scheduled to take place of 19th Septemeber in Greater Noida, it was a completely legal event with all permissions and proper Media coverage as well, but unfortunately due to Rains and bad weather, the event was postponed for november.

But even though redline was postponed, the venue was ready so people who had came all the way to the track did get to do some drags, I was also there and surely got a nice preview of how Redline 2 will be. Some pictures attached.
Attached Images

m4ugr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:33   #5
BHPian

@ CYRUS, Yes but the weather was not supportive all the arrangements got ruined. Date has changed to November sometime now due to CWG in delhi and festive season. This event has clearance from all government bodies required.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 13:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
@ CYRUS, Yes but the weather was not supportive all the arrangements got ruined. Date has changed to November sometime now due to CWG in delhi and festive season. This event has clearance from all government bodies required.
that sounds great...with even all the approvals in place...India seems to
be all ready for officially hosting drag events
saurabhdadhichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 03:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

Hey Noidaboy , When and where is it planned? Do you have the updated dates of this event? If yes, then please let me know.
gypsy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 14:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

What are the requirements for participating in this race?
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 12:41   #9
BHPian

Just heard that the event has now been postponed to Saturday, December 4 at 12:30pm - December 5 at 7:30pm. The location is Greater Noida but the venue is not yet updated on their facebook page.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 19:41   #10
BHPian

^^ I agree with anonymous , it's going to happen on 4th and 5th Dec and is called the redline 2.

@netfreakbombay - Last time it happened there were no requirement except you getting a car and racing with the same category cars. I have the invite for this event on FB however no details have been mentioned so far. I can send you the invite if you give me your FB ID ( hope this is allowed Mods ).
Old 19th November 2010, 14:16   #11
BHPian

Thought to update this thread as I have just received a message from Redline Team on my Facebook Account.
The event will take place on Saturday, December 4 at 12:30pm - December 5 at 7:30pm. Location is Greater Noida but the venue is not yet updated.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 19:39   #12
BHPian

Check out this link for more details on the forms/venue etc for the redline 2

WWW.REDLINEDRAGS.COM

Last edited by gypsy4x4 : 20th November 2010 at 19:40. Reason: link was wrong
Old 4th December 2010, 20:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Where are the updates ?? Looking forward to pictures & results !!!!!
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 20:26   #14
BHPian

I just came back from there , could not take part as the actual event is going to happen tomorrow from 11:30 am to 8 pm in the night where it's going to be capacity wise dragging.

Today it was kind of open drags. Saw some lovely cars and some exciting drags and bike stunts.

Posting some pictures that i took from my BB. Will post more later taken from my digicam. Enjoy

PS - I was reeaaaly looking forward to take part in this drag but one important function came up due to which i've to skip it for this time
Attached Images

gypsy4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 20:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pictures !!

Atleast you have made the effort of updating - wonder why it is so quiet on the organisers front.

Many thanks
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote