Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 15:31   #16
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Here is a bad news to the people hoping to buy F1 merchandise during the Indian GP. I met the owner of an F1 merchandise and F1 experience shop in KL last week. He is planning to set up shops across India as well as the stalls during the F1. And as per him, the prices of goods would be jacked up in India compared to Malaysia and even Singapore. The reason being given is that many Indians don't know the prices and this being a first time event, demand would be more
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 16:22   #17
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Here is a bad news to the people hoping to buy F1 merchandise during the Indian GP. I met the owner of an F1 merchandise and F1 experience shop in KL last week. He is planning to set up shops across India as well as the stalls during the F1. And as per him, the prices of goods would be jacked up in India compared to Malaysia and even Singapore. The reason being given is that many Indians don't know the prices and this being a first time event, demand would be more
By reading all this, I am thinking that FIA should have a look on it as all the merchandise will be licensed by FIA & Formula 1 racing teams that are participating in the race or racing in that particular season.
Is this a same case with Singapore GP which has also started only 2 years ago ??
All around the world, as the prices of these merchandise are same, why we all F1 fans in India have to pay more for the same ??

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 6th October 2010 at 16:25. Reason: Addition of content.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 16:41   #18
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
By reading all this, I am thinking that FIA should have a look on it as all the merchandise will be licensed by FIA & Formula 1 racing teams that are participating in the race or racing in that particular season.
Is this a same case with Singapore GP which has also started only 2 years ago ??
All around the world, as the prices of these merchandise are same, why we all F1 fans in India have to pay more for the same ??
AFAIK the prices are not consistent. Even during the race weekend, there are discounts after the final race.
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:07   #19
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

80% of Indians living below poverty line? 99% of Indians funding the event????


Where are those poverty numbers from (the number is 27% as per last Expert group's study on poverty) and I am sure the JP group definitely does not represent 99% of India.

Reg. merchandise - try Puma stores for shirts and shoes. I picked up a pair of Ferrari shoes for close to 5k - only to see the same pair being sold for 2.5k during sale period. But I utilised the sale to pick up a Ferrari shirt for 50% off They also had Red Bull and BMWs merchandise.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:26   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

^^ Dude, did you get those driving shoes with the Ferrari logo?

Can you post a picture of the shoes? I found some Puma shoes for 1500/- in a sale at Bangalore.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:53   #21
BHPian
 
amulu10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: detroit
Posts: 243
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
80% of Indians living below poverty line? 99% of Indians funding the event????


Where are those poverty numbers from (the number is 27% as per last Expert group's study on poverty) and I am sure the JP group definitely does not represent 99% of India.
Even i am shocked from where that figure came from ! . If i am not wrong it was 80% a really long time ago ! Right now its below 50% (let me get the link)
coming to the event
1) Believe it or not but there are a lot of F1 fans in india and the thing that was stopping the fans from watching it live was that we need to travel abroad but now with it in India , lots of people will show up for the race! ( your truly as well! )
2)Its a completely private funded event , no one is asking the government any favors! IIRC , even the land was not given free!
3) seeing the way the IPL was organized by the private sector i am positive the race will be a success!
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 18:22   #22
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ Dude, did you get those driving shoes with the Ferrari logo?

Can you post a picture of the shoes? I found some Puma shoes for 1500/- in a sale at Bangalore.
Yup with the logo - Here is the photo. I got these more than a year ago. The same shoes were also available w/o the logo for around 3.5k. You pair these with a Ferrari shirt and denims and you will have an awesome combination


Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 22:58   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
The Indian F1 track has been being built at Greater Noida, around 58 kms. away from New Delhi by Jaypee Group. The construction of this track is underway & its a way ahead of schedule & will be made available for the furthur tests in February 2011. The circuit will be roughly 5.5 kilometers (3.1 miles) and will be designed by F1 circuit designer Hermann Tilke. the first race i.e. Indian GP wil be held on 30th October 2011 here on this track as per the official 2011 Formula One Championship Schedule.
The 10-year contract for the race has been given to the Jaypee Group, who are constructing the track.
Cool thanks for the info. Now I need a track car for india to prepare. I am sure they will be opening it to public, but I am assuming it wouldnt happen until after the first F1 race :( But I am excited. This might open things up for what I want to do..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 12:48   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,428
Thanked: 14,118 Times
Default Re: Formula 1 in India - Step in the right direction?

Formula 1: 2014 Indian Grand Prix in jeopardy.

Quote:
Reportedly Ecclestone, President of Formula One Management, declared that India had to come to a decision as to whether or not it wanted Formula 1, and sort all existing issues out. The issues in question are primarily the taxation issues that the teams currently face. In the past two runnings of the event, teams have faced heavy taxes, something that isn’t common to the other races on the F1 calendar.
http://overdrive.in/news/formula-1-2...x-in-jeopardy/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 20:56   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,428
Thanked: 14,118 Times
Default Re: Formula 1 in India - Step in the right direction?

Ecclestone, Jaypee confirm no Indian GP in 2014.

Quote:
Both Formula one boss Bernie Ecclestone and organisers of the Indian Grand Prix Jaypee Group on Tuesday confirmed that the 2014 India round will have to be dropped to tweak the racing calendar and it will now be held in the first half of 2015.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/21486570.cms
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car driving lessons step by step vipulG Technical Stuff 21 16th August 2017 06:58
National Registry of Licenses - Step in the right direction BaldOwl The Indian Car Scene 9 22nd July 2010 12:17
FAQ for tuning fuel injected cars - Step by step virtual buildup! ananthkamath Technical Stuff 134 12th September 2009 22:21
D series mini me head swap step by step!and turbos done.. nitroxx Modifications & Accessories 6 10th March 2007 22:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks