Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 16th August 2011, 19:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: INRC-Indian National Rally Championship: K1000 : Bangalore. PICS & VID on Pg 2

@informmaha, the rally headquarters is in Clarks Exotica. This is the place where the documentation, parc ferme and the SSS is held.
The actual special stages are at a distance of 53 kms from Clarks Exotica. Here we drive the three stages twice on saturday 20th Aug and once on sunday 21st Aug before returning to the rally HQ for the SSS.

If you are interested in watching the cars in action in the special stages, you can tag along some of the service crew or other spectators who will be at the stages.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 11:57   #32
BHPian

Default Re: INRC-Indian National Rally Championship: K1000 : Bangalore. PICS & VID on Pg 2

Thanks Vivek,

This is what I was exactly looking for . What time would be ideal for me to be there at clarks on saturday?.. I would be very much interested to take pics of the cars in action, which is the reason why I am very keen on coming for this event.

Regards,
Rajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
@informmaha, the rally headquarters is in Clarks Exotica. This is the place where the documentation, parc ferme and the SSS is held.
The actual special stages are at a distance of 53 kms from Clarks Exotica. Here we drive the three stages twice on saturday 20th Aug and once on sunday 21st Aug before returning to the rally HQ for the SSS.

If you are interested in watching the cars in action in the special stages, you can tag along some of the service crew or other spectators who will be at the stages.
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 12:36   #33
BHPian

Wink Re: INRC-Indian National Rally Championship: K1000 : Bangalore. PICS & VID on Pg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Thanks Vivek,

This is what I was exactly looking for . What time would be ideal for me to be there at clarks on saturday?.. I would be very much interested to take pics of the cars in action, which is the reason why I am very keen on coming for this event.

Regards,
Rajan
To get pics of the cars in action the SSS on Sunday afternoon after 2PM is the best bet.
Hope the weather holds up, if not it is gonna be a really slushy K1000.
Sportsmind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 10:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post

Regards,
Rajan
Since this will be your first event, I would suggest you visit Clraks on Sunday for the SSS. You will get to see all(well almost) the rally cars in action.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 23:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'd been there to the K1000 rally today. Got a chance to witness these awesome machines in action once again, at the track in Clark's exotica. Gaurav Gill didn't win this round though, it was snapped up by an almost perfect Lohith Urs today with his Cedia sports. He simply set the track and the crowds on fire with his spirited drive. Thankfully the rain gods didn't play spoilsport. I managed to get a few videos on my mobile, I'll try to upload them here tomorrow

P.S - after the rally I caught up with none other than Sirish Chandran of overdrive fame, strolling around in casuals and sunglasses It was great to meet him in person and exchange a few words, pretty cool & chilled out guy.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st August 2011 at 23:59.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:36   #36

Some videos from the K1000 rally
shekhartintin7's Channel - YouTube
nitinjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Gaurav Gill didn't win this round though, it was snapped up by an almost perfect Lohith Urs today with his Cedia sports.
GG won the rally, but not the SSS.

A video of the recce (recce=reconnaissance=pre-event trial of the stages to prepare pacenotes/navi's notes)

Will be uploading more videos of the stages shortly and link them here

Also did my bit of driving on loose stuff

Last edited by tantragna : 22nd August 2011 at 15:04.
tantragna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:09   #38

Quote:
I'd been there to the K1000 rally today. Got a chance to witness these awesome machines in action once again, at the track in Clark's exotica. Gaurav Gill didn't win this round though, it was snapped up by an almost perfect Lohith Urs today with his Cedia sports. He simply set the track and the crowds on fire with his spirited drive. Thankfully the rain gods didn't play spoilsport. I managed to get a few videos on my mobile, I'll try to upload them here tomorrow

P.S - after the rally I caught up with none other than Sirish Chandran of overdrive fame, strolling around in casuals and sunglasses It was great to meet him in person and exchange a few words, pretty cool & chilled out guy.
Sirish Chandran is one of the contenders for the championship in the 2000 N category this year, he did not finish the rally though with a breakdown on day 2.
nitinjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
GG won the rally, but not the SSS.
Yes Sir, I was referring to the SSS round itself GG was taking it easy to ensure a safe finish for team MRF, I was reading up on another site where he found it difficult to drive slow yesterday *lol*.

Quote:
Also did my bit of driving on loose stuff
Nice video of yours, what vehicle was that? Gypsy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinjacob View Post
Sirish Chandran is one of the contenders for the championship in the 2000 N category this year, he did not finish the rally though with a breakdown on day 2.
True, and the other OD car (Shailendra's) went bust when it crashed into the dirt at turn1, needed a tow out later.

I knew Sirish was amongst the rallyists but was a bit surprised to see him amongst the common audience yesterday

OT: Before/after the event I was looking around for T-BHP stickered cars in the parking lots but couldn't spot any

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd August 2011 at 16:00.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir, I was referring to the SSS round itself GG was taking it easy to ensure a safe finish for team MRF, I was reading up on another site where he found it difficult to drive slow yesterday *lol*.
You said 'round', so did correct it to the SS stage. Even the SSS is accountable for the whole rally (K1000), which is the 4th round in the championship.
Quote:
Nice video of yours, what vehicle was that? Gypsy?
ZEN! Infact, on Day-1 we did the entire 3rd stage after the day's rally was finished, faar behind the marshalls but forgot to CAM it in the heat of the idea of doing he stage, where we were blessed with one near incident of sliding off the stage downhill sideways on very loose gravel surface in a negative camber fast right hander But yeah, a year long practice in RBR had fine polished my driving skills, over that section helped a lot in wading away with that!

Oh yeah, we also happened to spot one baleno being towed away as it had crashed badly by an *enthusiast while returning on day-1!
tantragna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:59   #41
BHPian

I reached the venue very late. Was just able to hear GG's Cedia roaring. I am sure the event was a treat for the eyes with all the slush.

Waiting for the pictures now!!
fast_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:28   #42
BHPian

Hope you guys dont mind me posting a couple more videos of Day 1, SS-1 & SS-5

Day 1; SS 1

Day 1; SS 5

Enjoy maadi!
tantragna is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Hope you guys dont mind me posting a couple more videos of Day 1, SS-1 & SS-5

Enjoy maadi!
Thanks tantragna, awesome stuff, very good quality videos Do you have any of SSS on sunday?
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:33   #44
BHPian

Thanks Ashok for the videos. If you have any snaps of Comp # 20 (Balram/Raghuram) , please send it across . Nice of you to have covered the Recce also , that itself was different experience
raghuram.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Thanks Ashok for the videos. If you have any snaps of Comp # 20 (Balram/Raghuram) , please send it across . Nice of you to have covered the Recce also , that itself was different experience
Congrats Raghuram/Balram for securing a position in 1600CC class.

Couldn't watch /attend the rally @BLR due to personal work.
So where and when is your next rally ?

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd August 2011 at 12:04.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote