Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: running NOS cars vs NON-NOS cars..is it fair ????
yes,run all the cars in 1 category only,cant do much for those who cant afford NOS.. 11 13.75%
no..have two separate classes for FI(forced induction) and NON- FI.. 70 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd February 2006, 23:54   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Classes will be segregated this time round with a class for everyone, nos or no nos.
HHHmmm .. Very interesting .. So someone did read about all the fuss that was being made on this forum and elsewhere .. However this is a good move , hopefully the scrutiny will live up to the expectations and make the new rules a grand success ..

Now time for everyone to prepare their cars .. Just waiting for the action to begin starting with bombay ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 16:43   #107

Hey BHPians, i guess everyone is all set. But this is a major question and an important one. Yet to say, hopefully there should be different classes for nos and NA cars otherwise whats competition all about. The car with a nos can will kill the stock and does not make any sense. Put a nos car against a nos and then we'll be able to see who's the boss and the same goes for stock cars.
Astrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 19:50   #108
sAP
BHPian

Lightbulb Workable workaround: basic categorization

In my opinion, it's increasingly difficult to classify drag runs into anything more than 2 categories, (i) stock and (ii) modded. However, a basic classification of this sort is still do-able.

On the flip side, participants still have to deal with running against a NOS-fogger-equipped monster -- if they have as much as a cold air intake installed in their car.

Though life's not fully fair, I think it is still workable/negotiable for both parties; by which I mean organizers and participants.

sAP
sAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 13:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

Good work McClaren 1885,

Separate Categories !!

Last edited by s0uljah : 12th February 2006 at 13:54.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 15:47   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
Mclaren,,,Listen, if you wanna drag you do it with every one else who wants to depending on your capability...You cannot expect a change in the rules coz YOU arent able to match their financial/technical ability
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
U could have added another 10 k bought urself a nos kit.And then cribbed about some guy using nos on a modded car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer mania
those who cant afford NOS shouldn be racing
For all those of u who thought that this thread was nothing but a way to complain/crib my lack of finances to buy a NOS kit and hence wanted a change in rules , let me point out that i have with me lying at home perhaps one of the most expensive NOS kits (not 1 but TWO) u can buy for a inline-4 all over the world today .. So it was never about the lack of money .. This thread was started to state a few points such as :

1. Is it fair to run NOS cars against NA for the sheer advantage that the NOS cars have ..
2. How will we know which tuner does his job of achieving figures he claims and thus wont rip/cheat his customers off on headjobs etc ..
3. How to popularize the sport by roping newcomers in ..
4. High time the organisers think straight and set some standard and fair rules and others i cant think of right now..

Im glad at the response u guys have given , and from what i hear these rules might be put to use from this years speedrun itself .. I also would like to appologize to all my buddies here with whom i might have sounded rather rude over this issue .. Calling for peace ..
Old 12th February 2006, 16:29   #111
BANNED

I do see your point mclaren, but how many categories do you expect the organisers to run?? one for each car entered??
Looking at the regulations, they seem to have done a better job than last year..but then again ANYTHING would be better than last years regs!!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 16:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

2l8, run the same categories, just have different placement schemes for NA and FI. So that people can get into motorsport without an initial investment of 50k.

Look at Mclaren, he was just another kid with a Zen. Now he has a nitrous system, without a Zen though :( ... this is example of how people evolve, and how motorsport sucks you into its vortex. What we would like to see is the initial barriers lowered, so that new entrants can make a mark based on BOTH driving skills and tuning skills.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 19:58   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Look at Mclaren, he was just another kid with a Zen. Now he has a nitrous system, without a Zen though :( ... this is example of how people evolve, and how motorsport sucks you into its vortex.
.. Maybe all for the better v1p3r .. Look at it positively , maybe ul get to drive something better than a zen this time around (atleast hoping it will work out by speedrun) ..
Old 13th February 2006, 01:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
For all those of u who thought that this thread was nothing but a way to complain/crib my lack of finances to buy a NOS kit and hence wanted a change in rules , let me point out that i have with me lying at home perhaps one of the most expensive NOS kits (not 1 but TWO) u can buy for a inline-4 all over the world today .. So it was never about the lack of money .. This thread was started to state a few points such as :
Im glad at the response u guys have given , and from what i hear these rules might be put to use from this years speedrun itself .. I also would like to appologize to all my buddies here with whom i might have sounded rather rude over this issue .. Calling for peace ..
there' s a whole lot more than nos......most of them......at least some of us ........mod the engine to the max and then use nos to get the extra hp.

The quality of the tuner can be recognised......even if his car runs nos. It not like they just put nos a stock car .....and they blow the doors of other modded cars not running nos.

Anyway congrats on picking up the nos kit...... do i see a entry in the 1600cc class with nos.. ....

Did u pick up a venom kit.....or it the same holley , zex stuff.

Peace Out.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 13th February 2006 at 01:29.
cinclaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 01:40   #115
BANNED

Quote:
there' s a whole lot more than nos......most of them......at least some of us ........mod the engine to the max and then use nos to get the extra hp.

The quality of the tuner can be recognised......even if his car runs nos. It not like they just put nos a stock car .....and they blow the doors of other modded cars not running nos.

Anyway congrats on picking up the nos kit...... do i see a entry in the 1600cc class with nos.. ....

Did u pick up a venom kit.....or it the same holley , zex stuff.

Peace Out.
Yes agreed there is a lot more than just NOS ..

Coming to the 2nd point , not quite sure how the FRK boys are managing it year after year .. Anyone knows what setup is the white baleno and the esteems running from their stable ??

Naah the entry is not yet confirmed .. It might be a close call .. Looking more at the street class than the prostreet actually ..

I didnt hear that .. Its one of its kind , thats all i can say for now ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 13th February 2006 at 01:44.
Old 13th February 2006, 01:54   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Yes agreed there is a lot more than just NOS ..
Coming to the 2nd point , not quite sure how the FRK boys are managing it year after year .. Anyone knows what setup is the white baleno and the esteems running from their stable ??
Naah the entry is not yet confirmed .. It might be a close call ..
I didnt hear that .. Its one of its kind , thats all i can say for now ..

the white baleno is not stock.....the car was prepared by LK. Its got the std rev limit removed ...running headers and a full head job.. on tops its running a altered gearbox and 75 shot of nos. Only the nos install was done by frk. I have been seeing this car right from when it started life a stock GOLD baleno....its only after the accident it became frp and white colour.

Again the esteems.... DJ's esteem is not stock ....headers, headwork,ecu work then a NX kit running 50 hp shot.

Baban's esteem was prepared by J Anand.....its only the nos install by frk...and now the general service.

Not sure abt shreshta and chico's est though.

Trust me i do know a bit abt drag racing and what some people are doing.
cinclaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 02:00   #117
BANNED

Quote:
the white baleno is not stock.....the car was prepared by LK. Its got the std rev limit removed ...running headers and a full head job.. on tops its running a altered gearbox and 75 shot of nos. Only the nos install was done by frk. I have been seeing this car right from when it started life a stock GOLD baleno....its only after the accident it became frp and white colour.

Again the esteems.... DJ's esteem is not stock ....headers, headwork,ecu work then a NX kit running 50 hp shot.

Baban's esteem was prepared by J Anand.....its only the nos install by frk...and now the general service.

Not sure abt shreshta and chico's est though.

Trust me i do know a bit abt drag racing and what some people are doing.
Yes i know about the history of the white baleno .. And about DJ's & shresthas (esteem has been sold , now he is prepping up a baleno) too .. However what i would love to see is what they time without the NOS installs .. That is if they participate in the street categ ..

Talking about which , does anyone have the rules,categories etc for the speedrun ??? Now that bombay has been confirmed the rules outta be out ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 13th February 2006 at 02:01.
Old 13th February 2006, 13:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

The Esteems have been similarly prepped. Only maintenance work and nitrous installs are done by FRK.

cincla, why are you specifying Venom? What's new, other than their diesel nitrous kits?
Old 25th April 2006, 00:55   #119

Default so i did run in pro stock

[quote=mclaren1885]Yes i know about the history of the white baleno .. And about DJ's & shresthas (esteem has been sold , now he is prepping up a baleno) too .. However what i would love to see is what they time without the NOS installs .. That is if they participate in the street categ ..

Hi guys was just going through some old treads and saw this comment by my friend.

ok as for a few things babbans esteem is done fully by frk now and not j anand.

the white baleno has the oe cut off and as for me (chico) im running a fully frk done up car which just for ur info did a 16.8 total run time at the 2006 speed run (pro stock).

so i hope i was able to sort out a few of ur questions.......

Team FRK 4 years and still counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
djchico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 08:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your run. Pretty impressive, especially your RT.