Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2011, 09:04   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Speedway 2011 : Mumbai drag races on 22nd & 23rd January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
from personal expieriences at previous torquenite/speedrun events held you cannot really see the race unless in vip section as they barricade the sides as locals/spectators run across the track endangering lives of the drivers and themselves. even going by the layout given it says 8 foot barricade so i dount people outside the vip entry get to view the race unless the viewing bridge is open to public , which again if its is a temporary structure only for the race will have a cap on no. of people going onto the bridge due to reasons like weight etc
We are planning to modify the barricading this time so it gives people a better chance to view the event.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:28   #32
BHPian

hey guys i have a quick question, if i enter my 1.8t a4 who would i go up against? i am bone stock engine wise. and would it be worth doing it. i used to go to the track all the time in the states but now since i moved here i need to find somethin to do lol.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:14   #33
BHPian

I would love to attend this event but have few questions in mind and they are quite important.

There are two types of drag racing. Which one is this?
H2H (head to head) or Bracket?

Sorry for asking again. I have checked their site too. They have not mentioned it yet.

Regards
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:46   #34

To what I have heard the street stock category has absolutely no modifications allowed..Eg even FFE...Is this the case??
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:59   #35
BHPian

^^Yes, stock means Bone Stock, no modification whatsoever, but you can lighten the car to quite an extent. Like removing most of the inside body parts, rear and passenger seat, ICE, A/C, etc.
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:59   #36
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2011 at 19:15.
i<3turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Can we buy Passes or do we have to approach the organisers/sponsors?
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
^^Yes, stock means Bone Stock, no modification whatsoever, but you can lighten the car to quite an extent. Like removing most of the inside body parts, rear and passenger seat, ICE, A/C, etc.
Are you referring Stock as T2 category as per FIA rules.

In that case safety modifications are also permitted, even the modification of two shocks per tyre is allowed.

I think FMSCI also follows the FIA rules so the T2 modification for stock car should be applicable.

Please clarify...
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:24   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdrifter View Post
We are planning to modify the barricading this time so it gives people a better chance to view the event.
Ahh, So you are on board this as well!! Good to see all the oldies out again!! Is Zav on too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
hey guys i have a quick question, if i enter my 1.8t a4 who would i go up against? i am bone stock engine wise. and would it be worth doing it. i used to go to the track all the time in the states but now since i moved here i need to find somethin to do lol.
Do it for the sake of fun. Believe me, it is absolutely worth it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2wheelie View Post
To what I have heard the street stock category has absolutely no modifications allowed..Eg even FFE...Is this the case??
No. Each event has separate rules regarding this, but, in general, Engine tuning without Cams and FI, etc. You are allowed a FFE and the ECU should be open as well. Intake and suspension is also Open to you. And so is body lightening, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Are you referring Stock as T2 category as per FIA rules.

In that case safety modifications are also permitted, even the modification of two shocks per tyre is allowed.

I think FMSCI also follows the FIA rules so the T2 modification for stock car should be applicable.

Please clarify...
Yes, you are somewhat correct. When I did the SR regs, we looked through all the FIA handbooks etc. It is a tedious tedious process.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:42   #40
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2011 at 19:16.
i<3turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:57   #41

To what my question is its all relating specifically to the Indian street stock (A) category...cause if you read through the rules there in nothing mentioned about street stock cars. The only form of source is the table which shows intake-OE,ecu-OE,engine-OE,exhaust-OE.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Of course it would be worth doing it. The fun is in participation, isn't it? Read the SRs to see which kind of cars you would be up against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ahh, So you are on board this as well!! Good to see all the oldies out again!! Is Zav on too?

Yes. Planning fun times again! So far Zav is not on - he says he is not free on those days.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2011 at 03:06. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 4th January 2011, 02:57   #43
BANNED

Argh! I wish I was on the team like old times as well!! Missing too many fantastic events back Home!!
Old 4th January 2011, 12:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ah, am actually tempted to enter my A4 3.0 TDI
Old 4th January 2011, 23:09   #45
BHPian

Default Categories

GUYS THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL categories for foreign cars

upto 2000cc
2000cc - 3000cc
3000cc and above...

the multiplication rule will apply to the turbos so there are no separate categories for turbos and na..it will be by engine size

we are trying to keep the event fair for everybody and hopefully if we have more entries we will add more categories to the diesel segment and the other sections as well

VIP PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT 1500/- PER PASS
ONLY PRIOR TO THE EVENT NOT AT THE LOCATION
Closed Thread