Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2006, 13:37   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
The BASIC problem is their EGO's ... they wern't consulted for the "CHANGE" in the regs.. though WHY they have to be consulted for something that is the ASN's concern and not theirs.
Secondly.. they had objections to running OE doors and stuff.. which I mean come on.. how STUPID do you want to be not wanting to look to the safety of the driver in the car?
The other thing is as someone said here earlier on.. they got caught last year and they cant show their faces here without people sniggering at them... I mean come on.. if you HAVE to cheat make sure you DO NOT GET CAUGHT!!
i think its just that they've been ruling the roost of indian motorsport since the early 90's.
its more like "thier sport" now and they want it played on their terms.

while this time the organisers think otherwise.

im just farting in the wind here,only the authorties know whats really been going on

Last edited by cbr1000f : 19th February 2006 at 13:41.
Old 19th February 2006, 14:12   #212
Senior - BHPian

28l, I can agree with them on the OE doors issue. In the FI class, you should be allowed non-stock doors and bumpers etc...as long as they have a cross-beam or a rollcage...but as far as the ego issues go, tough luck!
Old 19th February 2006, 16:27   #213
BHPian

so guys are there any participants from bangalore comin to bombay or the whole bangalore has boycotted the speedrun
just kidding guys no offence meant
p.s mods if i have said something bad or if the post is inappropriate den remove this post

Last edited by kooldude : 19th February 2006 at 16:31.
Old 19th February 2006, 19:51   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
so guys are there any participants from bangalore comin to bombay or the whole bangalore has boycotted the speedrun
just kidding guys no offence meant
p.s mods if i have said something bad or if the post is inappropriate den remove this post
well one of my frnd is gonnna get his bikes,,one is gixxer1000 n other one is rd,, and couple of bikes gonna participate,,dunno there names,,but the will participate for sure,,
Old 19th February 2006, 21:26   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
well one of my frnd is gonnna get his bikes,,one is gixxer1000 n other one is rd,, and couple of bikes gonna participate,,dunno there names,,but the will participate for sure,,
oh but i meant any cars comin from bangalore because the biker guys dont have any problems regarding the new rule
Old 19th February 2006, 21:39   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
oh but i meant any cars comin from bangalore because the biker guys dont have any problems regarding the new rule

well i got no idea about the cars,,,sorry
Old 19th February 2006, 23:11   #217
BHPian

Quote:
The BASIC problem is their EGO's ... they wern't consulted for the "CHANGE" in the regs.. though WHY they have to be consulted for something that is the ASN's concern and not theirs.
Secondly.. they had objections to running OE doors and stuff.. which I mean come on.. how STUPID do you want to be not wanting to look to the safety of the driver in the car?
The other thing is as someone said here earlier on.. they got caught last year and they cant show their faces here without people sniggering at them... I mean come on.. if you HAVE to cheat make sure you DO NOT GET CAUGHT!!

Okay, i DONT belong to any of the concerned groups, but i do know the drivers and tuners... A few things need to be cleared up... Reason for the boycott-

1. Transport not provided to bombay, unlike all the other times. Its an expensive affair to get the cars transported to bombay (Primary reason).

2. Steep cut in cash prize.... As it is preparing the car would have burned one out... Not saying they are sure winners, but they did have a lot of wins last year.

3. No OE doors does not mean no doors. Most have fiberglass replacements. Ones without those have roll cages. Agreed safety is important, but dosent mean the changes hamper it..... sometimes it betters it, just think abt using acrylic instead of glass....... Instead of banning them, set standards on thickness, joints,etc..

4. Limiting mods concerned with nos/supercharger/turbo/etc. This is really stupid ( I am sure all tuners would feel the same) . Why is there an open class anyway ???? When you are out there to set records, things like these just kills the creativity.... What are we going to have next??? No replacement ECUs,no performance filters,etc,etc. Whatever happened to these races being the showcase of skills/capablilties????

Performance tuning has just caught on in india, and look at what has been developed with primitive facilities... We dont even have a half decent dyno available for use to the common man...not even a racetrack to test.. When the guys are getting close to international references, it makes sense to nuture the efforts...

5. As regards cheating , its much wiser to catch somebody redhanded.... Protest if your sure abt it, but dont reproduce what someone told you.... Its not like one "guilty" biker means all of bangalore.

no offence.
karthik.
Old 20th February 2006, 00:19   #218
Team-BHP Support

might just be alittle off-topic but what did baban khan really do, as in what was termed cheating?

manson.
Old 20th February 2006, 01:04   #219
BHPian

any idea of the perfect location in Khargar...........
i know only on stretch thats like normally empty as there is nuthin for like 2-3 kms. Thats the first Left under the Khargar flyover and the right from the circle there........Its a treat for guys to rip your bikes and Cars.............Have a look if you guys have the time.
Old 20th February 2006, 09:37   #220
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for laying it out like that rdkarthik,

All the points you mentioned makes sense.

Now if everyone could discuss whats goin to be present rather than who might not turn up it would make this thread a much better read, rather than some kinda transcribed soap opera.

cya
R
Old 20th February 2006, 10:02   #221
BANNED

1. Transport not provided to bombay, unlike all the other times. Its an expensive affair to get the cars transported to bombay (Primary reason).
Agreed... thats been a major messup by the organisers
2. Steep cut in cash prize.... As it is preparing the car would have burned one out... Not saying they are sure winners, but they did have a lot of wins last year.
Another mess up...

3. No OE doors does not mean no doors. Most have fiberglass replacements. Ones without those have roll cages. Agreed safety is important, but dosent mean the changes hamper it..... sometimes it betters it, just think abt using acrylic instead of glass....... Instead of banning them, set standards on thickness, joints,etc..
Now thats just STUPID (IMO naturally). First off you DO NOT HAVE a proper drag strip like people have abroad where the facilities like Fire tenders, ambulances, medical facilities are present. you REALLY THINK that if some loonie goes off with these non OE doors that are made in some fly by night garage in some alley is really going to hold up when (and Im not saying IF.. Im saying WHEN) he goes off the track.. are you willing to live with the concequences if your the organiser?The other thing.. they don't want to run with roll cages or 5 point harnesses.. so bye bye birdie....when they crash.

4. Limiting mods concerned with nos/supercharger/turbo/etc. This is really stupid ( I am sure all tuners would feel the same) . Why is there an open class anyway ???? When you are out there to set records, things like these just kills the creativity.... What are we going to have next??? No replacement ECUs,no performance filters,etc,etc. Whatever happened to these races being the showcase of skills/capablilties????
Read my reply above... same view.. different point. Half you guys don't have fire extinguishers when you run NOS... so the less said the better about this.

Performance tuning has just caught on in india, and look at what has been developed with primitive facilities... We dont even have a half decent dyno available for use to the common man...not even a racetrack to test.. When the guys are getting close to international references, it makes sense to nuture the efforts...
Hey all you guys are spending an INSANE amount of money on your cars.. why not pool together and get a decient dyno if thats your gripe?

5. As regards cheating , its much wiser to catch somebody redhanded.... Protest if your sure abt it, but dont reproduce what someone told you.... Its not like one "guilty" biker means all of bangalore.Agreed... no point b***hing after the fact!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th February 2006 at 11:21.
Old 20th February 2006, 12:08   #222
BHPian

Dude, i am not trying to have an argument with you. These are just the way things are seen here.

Quote:

Now thats just STUPID (IMO naturally). First off you DO NOT HAVE a proper drag strip like people have abroad where the facilities like Fire tenders, ambulances, medical facilities are present. you REALLY THINK that if some loonie goes off with these non OE doors that are made in some fly by night garage in some alley is really going to hold up when (and Im not saying IF.. Im saying WHEN) he goes off the track.. are you willing to live with the concequences if your the organiser?The other thing.. they don't want to run with roll cages or 5 point harnesses.. so bye bye birdie....when they crash.
Agreed no dragstrip, but fire tenders,ambulances and meds are very much present. Even in local events.....Just re-read the above , i am talking abt setting standars to "alley garage" made doors and panels... What do you think about all the engine mods done in the "alley garages"??? They dont stand up to OE standards????? Why not ban them too ??
Safety is critical, but you cant dump all rules in one go, introduce them gradually... More than "when" the cars go off, you might want to think about crowd control and transport sections first, and then worry about on-track safety. There have been more problems off track than on it.. No point driving in a super safe car just 5 feet away from spectators. This safety enhancing exercise should have been done in logical steps.. and i am not saying ignore on-track safety..

Quote:
Read my reply above... same view.. different point. Half you guys don't have fire extinguishers when you run NOS... so the less said the better about this.
You seem to more inclined on the "we" and "you guys" factor. Fire extinguishers should be a must no doubt, nos or no nos.

Quote:

Hey all you guys are spending an INSANE amount of money on your cars.. why not pool together and get a decient dyno if thats your gripe?
Dude, most of the cars are regular street cars, driven by college students... If only there was the moolah you assume.... Get the picture, low budget cars, alley garages, still kickass cars..

Quote:
5. As regards cheating , its much wiser to catch somebody redhanded.... Protest if your sure abt it, but dont reproduce what someone told you.... Its not like one "guilty" biker means all of bangalore.Agreed... no point b***hing after the fact!
What gives you the confidence to stress that?

Karthik.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 20th February 2006 at 12:10.
Old 20th February 2006, 12:17   #223

at which place is this event going to be held im mumbai??
Old 20th February 2006, 12:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

Well I have a few points here

1) Transport / Prize Money: Well it is about time that the prize money is upped so that finance also becomes an important part of building good cars, not just the pride of owning the best. However for the transport, yes the organisers will need to bear it till such a date that we can have more sponsors available for each car participating. This will require better advertising available to each car, tracks / strips setup for more events so that advertisers see more value in such events.

2) Doors: Well one cannot ignore safety in the name of weight reduction, there had been a case of a door flying off at Mumbai last year, acrylic doors tend to be screwed in and canot be opened in case of an emergency, similarly for the fibre ones. the OE doors also have side impact beams that do not exist on the aftermarket stuff we see around. Just in case one car veers off due to a blowout and goes into another car without the side impact beams, you can imagine the catastrophic results. Similarly for the bumpers, you could have bits and pieces flying off.

3) Limiting mods on class basis, personally think that they should not have been there, however no limits on mods are imposed on the open classes. Note: I think the organisers need to relook at the braking distances as the speeds on the track have been going higher each year.

4) Well thank you organisers for finally accepting that NOS is a forced induction method and treating it accordingly, and we do hope as the stakes get higher a better set of rules are formulated before each season.
Old 20th February 2006, 12:35   #225
BANNED

[quote=rdkarthik]Dude, i am not trying to have an argument with you. These are just the way things are seen here.

Im not arguing with you either.. just stating facts like it is.

Agreed no dragstrip, but fire tenders,ambulances and meds are very much present. Even in local events.....Just re-read the above , i am talking abt setting standars to "alley garage" made doors and panels... What do you think about all the engine mods done in the "alley garages"??? They dont stand up to OE standards????? Why not ban them too ??
Safety is critical, but you cant dump all rules in one go,
So what your saying is gradually introduce safety rules... so it may take about 3 years to get all the rules that are there right now into practice.. but hey it doesn't matter if some people kill themselves in the bargain just coz ppl are averse to change?? THINK of what you just said man! Ok fine people dont like these rules... TOUGH.. they might protect a guy from loosing his life... that is more important than guys bi***hing and griping about rule changes coz they wern't comsulted or just don't like em
introduce them gradually... More than "when" the cars go off, you might want to think about crowd control and transport sections first, and then worry about on-track safety. There have been more problems off track than on it.. No point driving in a super safe car just 5 feet away from spectators. This safety enhancing exercise should have been done in logical steps.. and i am not saying ignore on-track safety..

You know what.. this is a neverending argument...coz no matter what happens there are always going to be people who are unhappy with change.. The rules are there.. if people like em.. great.. come for the drags.. if you dont.. quit whining and do whatever it is you were doing ... this is all Im gonna say about this.
Closed Thread