Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2006, 17:22   #16
BHPian

guys i called vinit from auto car,,1st he said that drag race is on 28th and 29th jan,,later on i called him again,,then he said its on 17th n 18th feb,,its at kharghar,,venue is confirmed,,dunno wer excatly in kharghar,,but some where nearby,,,still waiting for concrete confirmed dats,,der are 4 event after mumbai they will be heading towards banglore, than chennai,, than delhi,,,
can anyone tell me wer can i post my bikes n stunts pics,,,thx,,,
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
guys i called vinit from auto car,,1st he said that drag race is on 28th and 29th jan,,later on i called him again,,then he said its on 17th n 18th feb,,its at kharghar,,venue is confirmed,,dunno wer excatly in kharghar,,but some where nearby,,,still waiting for concrete confirmed dats,,der are 4 event after mumbai they will be heading towards banglore, than chennai,, than delhi,,,
is your source 100% reliable ?
also this is the first time i am hearing that they are going to organise it in delhi and chennai
Old 4th January 2006, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000f
is your source 100% reliable ?
also this is the first time i am hearing that they are going to organise it in delhi and chennai
yeah dude,,, i called vinit he is as autocar employee...or watever,,,but its goona held in mumbai than in bangalore ,chennai ,delhi,,
Old 4th January 2006, 11:27   #19
BHPian

Not again at bandra reclamation please there are better roads in mumbai example khargar side. I think the bandra reclamation run is not too long and its not very systemised also.

Last edited by IndianDawg : 4th January 2006 at 11:30.
Old 4th January 2006, 12:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
i dont think so dude it ll be in kharghar bcoz there is not that adequate place in kharghar and if its held there then its gonna be same as the last speedrun and here there r even more villagers so they r gonna create a havoc if its held here ya i agree there r nice roads here in kharghar but very short
Old 4th January 2006, 15:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
i dont think so dude it ll be in kharghar bcoz there is not that adequate place in kharghar and if its held there then its gonna be same as the last speedrun and here there r even more villagers so they r gonna create a havoc if its held here ya i agree there r nice roads here in kharghar but very short
dude i just called auto car pplz,,they said that the dates are not fixed,, it will be officially declared after 10th jan,,till than plz wait,
Old 5th January 2006, 06:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they will be heading towards banglore, than chennai,, than delhi,,,
Are u kidding?? Speedrun in chennai??
Old 5th January 2006, 16:15   #23
BHPian

The best part about holding the run in Kharghar is that only the Enthusiast will come and hence avoiding the issue of spectators running across..
Someone please PM me about the dates as I will be coming from Pune and presently travelling like mad for work so very rarely come online on tbhp site...
Cheers..
Old 5th January 2006, 16:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Speedrun (or whatever hey call it) will be held in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Delhi.

Dates will be finalised soon enough - read that as next week.

The only question now is if bikes would be running this year. Or maybe a seperate event for them.
Old 5th January 2006, 17:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
where is this speed run going to be organized in mumbai?
hey max!

it is normally held at the new flyover over reclamation so i guess it will be the same this year as well. the other option could be the old airstrip at pawan hans opp nanavati hospital.
Old 5th January 2006, 18:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

The only question now is if bikes would be running this year. Or maybe a seperate event for them.

oh my god .. dont scare me mate...
bikes not running
i mean drag racing takes place all over the world... you cant just stop bikes from taking part.dont see the logic.
everyone who wants to take part knows the risks involved.
Old 5th January 2006, 18:10   #27
Team-BHP Support

No-ones stopping them. The organisers need to take a decision whether they want to run bikes in their events or not. Its not like bikes will not be allowed to drag at all.
Old 5th January 2006, 18:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
No-ones stopping them. The organisers need to take a decision whether they want to run bikes in their events or not. Its not like bikes will not be allowed to drag at all.

obviously .. you cant stop someone from dragging at all i am talking about the organisers.i just am finding it difficult to digest that they are thinking of eliminating bikes from the event completely
is it MAI ?
Old 5th January 2006, 21:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
The best part about holding the run in Kharghar is that only the Enthusiast will come and hence avoiding the issue of spectators running across..
Someone please PM me about the dates as I will be coming from Pune and presently travelling like mad for work so very rarely come online on tbhp site...
Cheers..
bro you got it wrong i think you didnt read my post here there are more people who wanna create a havoc and i bet you they will. Atleast in Bbay there is decent crowd but here these people wont let the races happen in peace. Everyone will turn up assuming that there is a shooting going on
Old 6th January 2006, 07:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

First Chennai Speedrun confirmed! Dates have not come yet! So, who wants to come??
Closed Thread