Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 25th February 2006, 08:19   #241
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Looks like u guys desperately want us to come for the track day but hey, we'll do it only if it's possible.

I will only be able to make it this time, provided we don't have any anual submissions in college. Bunking a class is one thing, but bunking your submissions can land you in deep trouble.

2ndly, my car is in Hubli and theres no way i'm gonna drive down 700+ kms for a track day.

If things work out, u might see a green Vtec on track this time. U know U can't force us into it, so hang on!!!

PS: V're more enthu about driving the Vtec on track than you guys are about watching it but, only if everything goes as planned.

Shan2nu
Look shan , as friends who have been to track day and have seen what fun it is we thought we need to make u guys come to track to experience the same fun(everytime i try to rope more friends of mine so that they can have a go at the fun too) .. If u guys are so busy so be it .. We arent interested in seeing u guys drive , we are more interested in u guys finally doing some action than sitting behind the cozy comforts in front of ur comps and doing all the techy talks .. Knowing techy stuff is great , but its not everything .. Sitting here and asking did anyone manage to use heel toe is easy , get on track and try and ul know how difficult it is .. I tried in the baleno and found it tough , mainly bcoz of the postioning of the pedals .. Too far off ..

PS : Sorry to have sounded rude .. We know ur all are busy , but so are we .. It will be good if u guys can make this time around in the green VTEC ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 10:08   #242
Senior - BHPian

... seriously guys.. dont you all think we are going off topic here.. we have already discussed the capabilities of the baleno and vtec.. please lets put an end to this...

Also can you tell me who owns the white siena and the red viva with race dynamics.. are they also a part of TBHP.. just curious as i have seen the car's a lot of times..

Last edited by Godfather : 25th February 2006 at 10:12.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 11:47   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Grrr,U too brutus! U owe me one for watching ur guages.
Just kidding dude .......

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 25th February 2006 at 11:52.
5u3zEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 13:40   #244
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
... seriously guys.. dont you all think we are going off topic here.. we have already discussed the capabilities of the baleno and vtec.. please lets put an end to this...

Also can you tell me who owns the white siena and the red viva with race dynamics.. are they also a part of TBHP.. just curious as i have seen the car's a lot of times..
Im not arguing on which car is better , there is another thread for that .. Yes we are seriously going off topic here .. Lets get back to the topic of discussion and thats getting to track day ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 16:21   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
White Siena is owned by Mohnish, a friend of mine. That 1.2 was keeping up pretty well with all the other cars, mainly due to driver skill. He is on TBHP, but not too active.

Red Viva is one of the RAC guys.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 14:44   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look shan , as friends who have been to track day and have seen what fun it is we thought we need to make u guys come to track to experience the same fun(everytime i try to rope more friends of mine so that they can have a go at the fun too) .. If u guys are so busy so be it .. We arent interested in seeing u guys drive , we are more interested in u guys finally doing some action than sitting behind the cozy comforts in front of ur comps and doing all the techy talks .. Knowing techy stuff is great , but its not everything .. Sitting here and asking did anyone manage to use heel toe is easy , get on track and try and ul know how difficult it is .. I tried in the baleno and found it tough , mainly bcoz of the postioning of the pedals .. Too far off ..

PS : Sorry to have sounded rude .. We know ur all are busy , but so are we .. It will be good if u guys can make this time around in the green VTEC ..
V'l come when we can. Should be able to make it this time, but can't say for sure. If the thing was this weekend we'd have been there for sure. But 11th-12th might be a prob.

Will let yo'll know after the 6th.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 16:07   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Yup. Managed to shred a 205 left front. So did Shreshta, also a 205 Dunlop.
This One?

kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 16:14   #248
Senior - BHPian

Egg-jactly, kiku.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 11:02   #249

Talking Party At The Tracks!!!!!!

Hi Bhpian's....
Have'nt posted in the longest time.I check out the site almost everyday ...more of the spectator types.
We own a company called gatsby ,which is into retail and event management in chennai.
JD,sideways and bikerSG are very good friends who i've known for the longest time and there is no way we could'nt be there to support their event.
We had a 'party at the tracks' and here are some pics.
The next track day we are gonna have a bigger bash ...so you better be there!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st March 2006 at 05:31.
FREESTYLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 18:33   #250
Senior - BHPian

Which one are you in the picture?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2006, 11:36   #251
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Would be much obliged if the below mail could be forwarded to as many people u know.
Thanks
SG

Hi All,

The Madras Motor Sports Club has planned to host their 3rd Track Day on the 11th and 12th March 2006 for both bikes and cars.

This event will be open to one and all, as long as the basic safety precautions are followed.

For bikes, the below safety precautions to be followed.
1. The minimum protective gear is full face helmet, gloves, boots and full riding gear (leather or alternate).
2. Pillion riders will NOT be allowed.

For cars, the below safety precautions to be followed.
1. The minimum protective gear is helmet and seat belt.
2. Front passenger will be allowed - ALSO with helmet and seat belt.
3. No Passengers will be allowed in Rear.

The charges are as follows:

Bikes upto 350cc

Single Session 30 minutes:
Rs. 300 - Non-Members
Rs. 200 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Full Day 4 x 30 Minute Sessions:
Rs. 900 - Non-Members
Rs. 600 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Two days 8 x 30 Minute Sessions:
Rs. 1600 - Non-Members
Rs. 1000 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Superbikes:

Rs. 400 - Non-Members
Rs. 300 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Rs. 1200 - Non-Members
Rs. 900 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Rs. 2000 - Non-Members
Rs. 1600 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Cars:

Rs. 400 - Non-Members
Rs. 300 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Rs. 1200 - Non-Members
Rs. 900 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

Rs. 2000 - Non-Members
Rs. 1600 - Members and Groups of 10 or more

FISSME's (Formula India Single Seater Maruti Engine) and Race Esteems will also be available for hire from the Owners. Rates for these are given below:

FISSME's:
5 Laps - Rs. 500
10 Laps - Rs. 800

Race Esteems:
5 Laps - Rs. 700
10 Laps - Rs. 1100

Race Esteem Taxi: (You will be a passenger in a Race Esteem, driven by present or former Race Drivers)
3 Laps - Rs. 600

There will be full support from the MMSC in terms of providing marshals, ambulance, doctor as well as a recovery vehicle. This will make it a very good opportunity for all the budding racers as well as others who just want to have some fun in their own cars/bikes in a controlled environment. There are already some superbikes from Bangalore coming for this track day, and there might be some fast cars too.

We will also be providing timing equipment for serious drivers/riders to time themselves.

Pls let me know if any of you are interested. Entries have to be confirmed by 9th March 2006.

Reasonable Accommodation is available near the track for out-of-towners. Pls contact us for further details.

People that can be contacted are:
Farhan Vohra, Tbhp - fvohra@gmail.com
JD Madan, Speedworks - jd@osaindia.com
Karun Chandhok, WSRF - kc@karunchandhok.com
Poncho, Indiasuperbikes.com - poncho@evsound.com
Sawan Gupta, MMSC - mmsc.chennai@gmail.com

Best Regards
Sawan
Unquote
BikerSG is offline   Reply With Quote