Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 19:58   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 304
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Some pics from my side
Attached Images
      
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 20:44   #47
BHPian
 
damanshaheed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 88
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Congrats Aman and Jitu, after the second day fiasco u managed to finish commendably. It is a real bad feeling seeing our names at the bottom of the result list, but i guess finishing is what counts at the end of the day. Abhay, nice photos, especially the one u shot of the kamani that raju bains managed to bend
damanshaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:20   #48
BHPian
 
Passiontodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sangrur (Punjab)
Posts: 112
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
Congrats Aman and Jitu, after the second day fiasco u managed to finish commendably. It is a real bad feeling seeing our names at the bottom of the result list, but i guess finishing is what counts at the end of the day. Abhay, nice photos, especially the one u shot of the kamani that raju bains managed to bend
@damanshaheed: Thanks Daman, During second day we were about to quit, but as we say "SOMETHING IS BETTER THEN NOTHING", we decided to continue and downhill stages most of the times helped us a lot. Aman is a very good driver and his control over vehicle is amazing. I have learnt a lot of things for my future rallies. One suggestion for all future rally drivers: Try to navigate first you will learn lot of things and your limits too, like me vomiting in stages But second day I was fit enough to perform my duties.

Please don't feel bad about seeing your name at the bottom, at least you finished and rally is all about finish line. No matter at which position. And we all know the reasons behind you last finish, this is not your fault but a bad part is culprit. Think about participants who did not finish, for them you are very lucky man.

Abhey and Paras: Real fun is enjoyed by both of them only. Not much worried about position, going for the first time in extreme to gain experience and they did well too.

My Experience: Navigation in an extreme rally with Aman is like sitting in a washing machine with full power on. Lot of troubles. I am not a Navigator and maybe will not try this in future also. But yes I am a driver and will drive only. Some pictures clicked by me.
Attached Thumbnails
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0049.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0051.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0053.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0056.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0059.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0060.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0062.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0069.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0079.jpg  

The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0092.jpg  

Passiontodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:44   #49
BHPian
 
Passiontodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sangrur (Punjab)
Posts: 112
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Some more pictures:

1. Vehicles at Koti Resorts waiting for first transport section.
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0094.jpg

2. Long queue waiting for first competitive stage.
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0096.jpg

3. Me fit and ready.
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0100.jpg

4. Broken head light by another competitor.
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0103.jpg

5. Finally parked at St. Johns.
The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally-photo0104.jpg
Passiontodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 20:54   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 63
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Very well said Jitu, rallying or racing or any mode of motorsport we should learn to finish first, it takes time to be fast , competetive and u learn by ur mistakes, So Daman dont be disappointed with your performance as this is just the learning phase.
I have learnt through my mistakes and years of rallying.
Jitu you performed brillant and i know its really difficult to sit when you, yourself is a driver. But my sincere thanks to you for being part of this rally with me and i enjoyed it the most. And sorry i could not get u a podium.
@Paras did brillant with his 1st experience as an extreme driver and i wish him luck for future rallies. The idea was to complete and they did that brillantly.
amanpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 03:19   #51
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

^^thanks bro... extreme ka keeda lag gaya hai
and - no one can sit with you. you are one of the best drivers who would give co drivers an adrenaline overdose.
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 10:54   #52
BHPian
 
damanshaheed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 88
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

point taken, it's finishing that matters, rest comes with experience. Jitu u're right, I totally endorse the fact that u should navigate first and then get into driving, that is what i hope to do. Aman, really want to sit with u in u're gypsy, maybe this sunday.....considering that i can walk over to u're place, can be any day any time....Paras and Abhay, good going guys....did well and managed to do it without any serious breakdown...very good for a first timer...cheers
damanshaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:47   #53
BHPian
 
Passiontodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sangrur (Punjab)
Posts: 112
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanpreet View Post
Very well said Jitu, rallying or racing or any mode of motorsport we should learn to finish first, it takes time to be fast , competetive and u learn by ur mistakes, So Daman dont be disappointed with your performance as this is just the learning phase.
I have learnt through my mistakes and years of rallying.
Jitu you performed brillant and i know its really difficult to sit when you, yourself is a driver. But my sincere thanks to you for being part of this rally with me and i enjoyed it the most. And sorry i could not get u a podium.
@Paras did brillant with his 1st experience as an extreme driver and i wish him luck for future rallies. The idea was to complete and they did that brillantly.
Thanks Aman for appreciations. But a big thanks to you as you managed each and every thing specially on Day 1. In tough competition: Other drivers with pace notes and Aman with exhausted Navigator .
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
^^thanks bro... extreme ka keeda lag gaya hai
and - no one can sit with you. you are one of the best drivers who would give co drivers an adrenaline overdose.
Now you can understand my position better. I think I am a tough guy. But AMAN NE SAARI TOUGHNESS NIKAAAL DI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
point taken, it's finishing that matters, rest comes with experience. Jitu u're right, I totally endorse the fact that u should navigate first and then get into driving, that is what i hope to do. Aman, really want to sit with u in u're gypsy, maybe this sunday.....considering that i can walk over to u're place, can be any day any time....Paras and Abhay, good going guys....did well and managed to do it without any serious breakdown...very good for a first timer...cheers
Daman if he charge some money for that PAY HIM. You will get more value for money from his experience.

ONE THING WE FORGOT TO MENTION: BHPians EVERYWHERE. Thanks Team-BHP

Last edited by Passiontodrive : 2nd April 2011 at 11:51.
Passiontodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 01:58   #54
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

^^ from what i know him he is a very soft and lovable person at heart.

from my experience.. being at the place of a driver and a navigator is a totally different experience. i have been both, the learning is immense!
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 09:47   #55
BHPian
 
Passiontodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sangrur (Punjab)
Posts: 112
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Complete report by Day and Night News Channel. Nice Video



Passiontodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 01:06   #56
WRX
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LOS ANGELES
Posts: 30
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Two stories in this months issue of Autox magazine that cover the SJOBA rally. One features the Mahindra Thar and is written from a service crew’s perspective. The other describes the event from a competitors point of view.

Feature: Mahindra Thar
Feature: Sjoba Rally 2011

Last edited by WRX : 10th May 2011 at 01:08.
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 08:37   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 63
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally

Nice Article... Keep up the Gud show AUTOX GUYS...
amanpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January GTO Indian Motorsport 64 18th January 2017 14:38
Jaipur's 18th Vintage & Classic Car Rally - 23rd & 24th January, 2016 KartikeyaL Vintage Cars & Classics in India 8 3rd May 2016 21:46
Jaipur's 17th Vintage & Classic Car Rally - 24th & 25th January, 2015 KartikeyaL Vintage Cars & Classics in India 20 30th January 2015 14:45
Sjoba 2009 Zzapper Indian Motorsport 8 24th June 2009 10:39
Pics: Haig Vintage and Classic Car and Bike Rally, Mumbai 24th Feb 08 karlosdeville Vintage Cars & Classics in India 112 16th March 2009 16:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks