Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 1st September 2004, 17:47   #16
BHPian

Hey does any one know when the next speedrun going to be held any idea I need to plan my return
Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2004, 22:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

SpeedRun is usually held in Feb-March......So plan ur return accordingly pal.Dunt know the confirmed date as yet.Not officially announced.
Cya.
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 04:08   #18
BHPian

Hi guys here is some thing about Drag racing in Saudi Its illegal but the young arabs still do it man I saw these guys draggin late in the night and guess what it was on my street it was just a 15miniute thing but what cars man out here u get to see the best of cars and a whole lot of modified cars
from supras to honda civics fully modded man and what exhaust notes and bikes harleys superbikes and quads are like dirt out here man I was so amazed,
About witnessing the drag *this was about 2.oo in the night the cars were afully kitted camary and a lumina ss man they were awsome its very rarely u get to see some thing like this , But in Baharain there are organised drag meets on the week ends but those guys are very cool and open and most of the baharanis speak hindi but what cars carreras are like esteems out there every young guy u see is in a sports car or a modified car and there are massive shops dealing in performance parts cool man realy cool

Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 17:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

alright T-BHPian's....send in your entries for the Bangalore drag. Here's the address and contact numbers of the organiser.

VASA C/o. Lalitha Engg. Works, 336/1, 7th Main, Subbanna Garden, Vijayanagar, Bangalore 560 040.
Ph : (080) 23393160 / (O) 9845296190 / (O) 9841156433

Rt
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2005, 21:04   #20
BHPian

what haapnd to this drag? got cancelled???????
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2005, 00:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

they couldn get the timing equipment and infrastructure..
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2005, 02:20   #22
BHPian

Hey Guys,
was at the Autocar Peformance show today and heard from that the Mumbai Drag is on the 22nd of January.....very difficult to digest but thats what has been told...
Mumbaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2005, 02:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dont trust these autocar guys with dates.

Last time, i booked and cancelled my air tickets thrice and it cost me a lot.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2005, 03:01   #24
BHPian

Default No Fair , all that Prepration for nothing

Thats a bummer ,

Hope these guys plan out every thing in advance before the new dates .
Also i remember one of my rally friends from bangalore "Lohit " mentioning that they were planning a drag in Delhi some time in Jan'06... Any idea about that one ??? Any one ???

Good luck to all taking part , drive well , be safe and post pics for the unfortunate people like me who cant travel because of work , ok !!!
Badcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 13:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
its both.
drag races used to be held at kharghar near panvel .but nau its been stopped.
when the cops cum ,just runnnnn
lol i know but few days back only there was drag season going on at bandra kurla complex it went for 4 days but then 5th day the cops just ruined it badly. They should allow to race legaly at a place where the road is totally untilised and there are places in mumbai.
IndianDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 13:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
dont worry guys,
me in touch with the drag race guys.
so wud let u all know in advance.but even i feel that it wud be after the rains.

satya
Karanraj Shah(KS Motorsports) has a well update on drags than any other. As the forum does not allows to post about the illegal drags so its good if everybody is in touch through messenger or e-mail ids. And yeah mumbai has got a lot of modded cars now and the action did kicked off at bandra kulra complex after the khargar drags where the accident of accent viva just ruined up and so the pandus . Cops shud bloody bribe bucks and buzz off from there but it just dosnt works infact last to last drag at khargar 3 or 4 cars got caught and they had to pay around 2k to cops and it was so disgusting when the cops where throwing stones on the car. Forget about this, 2 cars were having race at bandra reclamation and they were caught and their car got seized.

Anyways am just waiting for next drag dont care if cops comes or no
IndianDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 13:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

the very same attitude which causes chaos and cancellation for organized events also..

and when it comes to a proper drag event entry, where does all this cockiness go?? or is the pain of couple of hundred bucks too heavy that they race against each other creating havoc and accidents around the track..

saw a KL registered camry with full load of passengers dragging with some 4 accents outside the recent bangalore event.. if u ask me bro u need spanking..

have the ***** then put money for an entry and do a run..

when will we ever learn!
Old 6th December 2005, 13:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
t
saw a KL registered camry with full load of passengers dragging with some 4 accents outside the recent bangalore event.. if u ask me bro u need spanking..
!

Was it a dark coloured KL3 one with quite a few 7's ?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 14:32   #29
Team-BHP Support

no a light colored one with KL 11 plates
Old 6th December 2005, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg

lol i know but few days back only there was drag season going on at bandra kurla complex it went for 4 days but then 5th day the cops just ruined it badly. They should allow to race legaly at a place where the road is totally untilised and there are places in mumbai.

the drag-race at the BKC had a fool in a RS with 17 inchers doing a hand brake because of which it skidded into the gutter ..

it was organised by 2 of our very own bhpians ...and there was another one scheduled for the last thursday at kharghar ...dunno about it
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote