Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2006, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

man..infiniti concept coupe..aaahhh that thing is a beauti and the price its going to come with will make it even dearer..so if I cant get the GTR as planned..I am going to be all over this beauti in the next year or so..or whenever it is that it comes out..We are hoping sometime in the summer of 07 or fall of 07..the sedan should be wonderful as well..

Top notch points for infiniti...opps i already gave it that back in 02 when they first came out with the best looking/made cars in the segment..G35 S, C and FX..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

is it just me, or does that dodge challenger look orgasmic....?

the FGT is a great car as well...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 20:16   #18
BHPian
 
sridhar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 951
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hey Vivek and Texei, thanks for sharing the pics with us.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 20:36   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
is it just me, or does that dodge challenger look orgasmic....?

the FGT is a great car as well...
naaahh...

but the chevy Camaro concept sure does..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 21:01   #20
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
is it just me, or does that dodge challenger look orgasmic....?

the FGT is a great car as well...
It does look orgasmic.

Oh I can add one more pic. This is the Dodge Charger I rented to drive to Detroit. This is the SXT trim that has the 3.5L V6. The V6 sounded awsome and had a lot of grunt in a straight line. But the Charger is a bulky car. So it felt bit of lazy around corners and when changing lanes. Moreover it had an automatic transmission. So I am not incredibly impressed with the 3.5L. I hear that the difference between this and the 5.7L Hemi in the R/T model or the 6.1L Hemi in the STR8 model is like day and night. I'd love to drive one of those.

tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 21:05   #21
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
naaahh...

but the chevy Camaro concept sure does..
Oh yes, the Camaro concept looked great. I've only seen pictures. I somehow missed the Camaro concept display at the show. So I've not seen it in person.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 21:11   #22
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek
Hey Tsxei,Great pics man.Why the heck would I mind these beauties on my thread
Looks like you went on a weekday.. not much rush I strolled by the AM stall but noticed that not much had changed since last year, so didn't really notice much. Here's the AM stall from last year.. See.. no change


Did you get any pics of the Infiniti Coupe concept?? Man.. the thing was amazing. Another one I loved was the Toyota Hybrid Supercar concept (in the basement-Michigan Hall).
My friend has those pics too.. Will get those pics up soon as I can.
I went on the last day. Jan 22, sunday. There wasn't much crowd. Yeah, the AM stall does look the same.

It looks like I missed a lot of the cars. I didn't see the Camaro concept, the Infiniti Coupe nor the Toyota Hybrid supercar. But I'm not worrying as I have another visit to the show lined up next month. Its in Philadelphia. I'm sure these cars will be there. I'll catch up then.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 21:37   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
It does look orgasmic.

Oh I can add one more pic. This is the Dodge Charger I rented to drive to Detroit. This is the SXT trim that has the 3.5L V6. The V6 sounded awsome and had a lot of grunt in a straight line. But the Charger is a bulky car. So it felt bit of lazy around corners and when changing lanes. Moreover it had an automatic transmission. So I am not incredibly impressed with the 3.5L. I hear that the difference between this and the 5.7L Hemi in the R/T model or the 6.1L Hemi in the STR8 model is like day and night. I'd love to drive one of those.

I have driven the R/T and its bad...powerful it may be..but overall a 5/10 car(mostly because of really cheap plastic and interior design+worst steering feel)..now its turn for me to drive the SRT...lets see how that does..for me the most important is steering feel..if thats not there..there is no point in owning a high powered car..until you drive in a straight line..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 02:23   #24
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
I have driven the R/T and its bad...powerful it may be..but overall a 5/10 car(mostly because of really cheap plastic and interior design+worst steering feel)..now its turn for me to drive the SRT...lets see how that does..for me the most important is steering feel..if thats not there..there is no point in owning a high powered car..until you drive in a straight line..
That is true. It is what, a 30K car? The interior was definitely not one of a 30K car. It felt like cheap plastic with molding joints showing everywhere. But hey, it is an American car so I didn't expect the interior to be great.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 04:10   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
But I'm not worrying as I have another visit to the show lined up next month. Its in Philadelphia. I'm sure these cars will be there. I'll catch up then.
The whole show is esentially crated up and brought to McCormick for the Chicago Auto show Feb 10-19th. In addition Toyota and others will reveal new vehicles exclusively at Chicago. I found that there is always poor representation by Ferrari and Lambo in Detroit. I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th January 2006 at 04:23.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 05:17   #26
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.
I've heard that it gets good representation from a number of automakers. Here is a link to the floorplan showing the automakers that will be there.

http://www.phillyautoshow.com/public_floorplan.asp

They have 3 floors/halls which means it should be big.

And from what I've read, they do have concepts and also a tuner car display area.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 05:53   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The whole show is esentially crated up and brought to McCormick for the Chicago Auto show Feb 10-19th. In addition Toyota and others will reveal new vehicles exclusively at Chicago. I found that there is always poor representation by Ferrari and Lambo in Detroit. I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.
dude if you are going for the autoshow and wanna hook up let me know.. I wouldnt mind..i generally go and bore my wife..i know she doesnt like it..but still comes along for the ride..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 07:27   #28
BHPian
 
ambylimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: (Toronto) Ahmedabad
Posts: 149
Thanked: 0 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
man..infiniti concept coupe..aaahhh that thing is a beauti and the price its going to come with will make it even dearer..so if I cant get the GTR as planned..I am going to be all over this beauti in the next year or so..or whenever it is that it comes out..We are hoping sometime in the summer of 07 or fall of 07..the sedan should be wonderful as well..

Top notch points for infiniti...opps i already gave it that back in 02 when they first came out with the best looking/made cars in the segment..G35 S, C and FX..
just breathtaking pics man! infiniti concept was ohh so cool..yh hope to see it in the summer 07 ...great prospects..
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 09:32   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Sounds like a plan 1day. Lets discuss in PM.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:15   #30
BHPian
 
Beeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Treasure island
Posts: 335
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

now thats an auto show that i would like to visit. But for tuned and modified cars it has to be the SEMA show. They have a section thats called the fast and the furious (and yes its exactly its namesake)
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show sidindica The International Automotive Scene 42 5th July 2010 17:32
2009 Detroit Auto Show 14000rpm The International Automotive Scene 2 10th February 2009 12:21
2008 Detroit Auto Show hskhan The International Automotive Scene 42 6th February 2009 09:32
Detroit Auto Show 2007 abhijitaparadh The International Automotive Scene 7 19th January 2007 00:45
First Indian to exhibit at Detroit International Auto Show Ram The International Automotive Scene 4 14th September 2006 01:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks