Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2011, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I know after owning an Audi, it's difficult to praise Mercedes But yes I agree, Audi has the most beautiful cars in the stable. Even I'd rank the A8 at first place. But cannot think of the 7 even contending for best design! That is the most boring luxury sedan I have seen. Immensely boring! The S looks anyday more contemporary and much more better looking. So for me it's A8->XJ->S

Zohaib i have just returned from Dubai, seeing a sea of 7s in different colours and the most beautiful designs of alloys one could imagine. Hence the praise for the 7. Besides, though not eye catching ,what i do like about the 7 is its clean,unruffled design especially when compared to the bangle butt previous 7. Though i love the e60, the bangle 7 is IMHO extremely ugly. In comparison the current 7 has a clean ,no hassles design which i love. Also 1 more thing i noticed , when viewed in profile the 7 tends to look a lot more athletic and agile than the A8 which is also something that i liked.
Finally, yes you are absolutely correct when you say its very difficult liking any Merc while owning an Audi. Besides, i have never denied i am far from being a Merc fanboy
Old 13th May 2011, 14:33   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I find it hard to believe that this rendering actually represents the new S Class. Why? Because it looks TOO MUCH like the current E & S Class. If you consider the history of the S Class - the W126, W140, W220, W221 - all of them have been distinctive, and actually dictate the future design language for Mercedes. Each one of the generations looks like it was designed on a clean sheet of paper...and not the evolutionary style in the opening post of this thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is MB calling it "Magic " body control??????
hmmmm, somehow i dont belive it...
They sure are! But I have to say that its kind of a funny name.

I remember reading an article a few months ago which said this new trend of names for high end gadgets not being like a something-ASSIST or something-TRONIC is so that it can make an easier connect to the customer base.

But, the technology sounds magical anyway!
Old 13th May 2011, 20:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I find it hard to believe that this rendering actually represents the new S Class. Why? Because it looks TOO MUCH like the current E & S Class. If you consider the history of the S Class - the W126, W140, W220, W221 - all of them have been distinctive, and actually dictate the future design language for Mercedes. Each one of the generations looks like it was designed on a clean sheet of paper...and not the evolutionary style in the opening post of this thread.
Yep,like i said in my first post. It looks more evolutionary than revolutionary,especially the glasshouse and ORVMs which are shockingly conservative.
It looks more like a typical Merc facelift exercise,though i know that the car is at the end of it's lifecycle.
Edit: I frankly thought that the new S class would have been strongly influenced by the F700 concept,at least the front end.

Last edited by DicKy : 13th May 2011 at 20:59.
Old 13th May 2011, 21:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

I don't believe this is the new S class. I doubt it will end up looking like this. After the way Mercedes has been revamping their models, this just dosent look good enough.
Old 13th May 2011, 21:29   #21
BHPian

Now that's one big a** bumper in the rear. Somehow, those rear lights don't gel well. Like the rest though!
Old 13th May 2011, 22:39   #22
BHPian

Come on, I was hoping to see parts of the F700 concept in full glory here. It's kinda bland compared to the XJ. And the side looks a tad bit too flared. And who the heck designed that hideous SRVM?
Old 13th May 2011, 23:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's clearly an artist impression as mentioned on the source website.what's up with those tail lights anyways!
Old 7th September 2011, 17:50   #24
BHPian

This isn't the new S. I just confirmed from a source who is working on the project. This has been created by someone using a lot of design cues from the new CLS including the lights.
Old 15th October 2011, 21:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

W222 S caught testing at the Nurburgring.
Source
Attached Images

Old 15th October 2011, 22:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
W222 S caught testing at the Nurburgring.
Source

James May shan't be happy.
Old 16th October 2011, 00:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
James May shan't be happy.
Haha, Yes. He'll do the news, this time and say, "Here we have the new S class, which was developed at the Nurburgring, so don't bother"
Old 16th October 2011, 01:32   #28
BHPian

Despite being a dedicated fan of the bimmer, I have to say Merc has done exceptional job with their newer models. Talk about CLS, SL, SLS, facelifted C, and now the S.. All of these are brave designs and Mercedes is actually taking risk and not just putting one face on all their cars like Audi & BMW seem to be doing. the next S is definitely gonna continue its reign as both of its rivals (a8 & 7) are quite Boring to look at. XJ is a good contender but it has never really competed against the germans.
All in all, MB is goin in the right direction in terms of design.
Old 18th October 2011, 16:22   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Despite being a dedicated fan of the bimmer, I have to say Merc has done exceptional job with their newer models. Talk about CLS, SL, SLS, facelifted C, and now the S.. All of these are brave designs and Mercedes is actually taking risk and not just putting one face on all their cars like Audi & BMW seem to be doing. the next S is definitely gonna continue its reign as both of its rivals (a8 & 7) are quite Boring to look at. XJ is a good contender but it has never really competed against the germans.
All in all, MB is goin in the right direction in terms of design.
You stole the words out of my mouth or rather keyboard in this case

Exactly my sentiments to the T !

My family planned to upgrade to the 7 but I think the next S would be a better option in the future.

When is it likely to release?
Old 5th March 2012, 21:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default 2013 W222 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Spy Pics!

Hello,

Sorry if the thread already exists but could not find it, but here are the F.E.P shots of the new S-Class which makes it's Debut in the 2nd Half of 2012, this car has always led the pack, while others try catch up, they still have a hard time fighting it in it's 7 year life cycle, see some of the W221 reviews and the car still holds up to the new comers,

I always have felt the launch of a new S-Class is one of the world's greatest milestones, and with the model W221 Mercedes was more focused on reliability, which now is pretty well taken care of besides a few issues, this car comes with Innovations never ever seen, and Innovations in real terms, not just adding some marketing words and making the world think this is new!

It adds a whole new suspension, Wipers like the new SL, Perhaps the sun roof maybe like the Magic roof where you can set it's intensity, even better seats, a whole new communication system, and a lot more, let the car speak for itself when it comes out until then adore the pictures of something you will see on our roads in Q2 2013,

Mercedes S-Class latest Spy shots

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread