Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 21st March 2004, 02:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Porsche Carrera GT3 RS vs Ferrari Modena CS

guys im trying something new here. posting a mag scan from CAR UK, of the GT3 RS vs Challenge Stradale. depending on how the response is, i will continue to do so. also im posting links to the server where i have uploaded the acans to..so as not to suck up your bandwidth. enjoy.

EDIT: now offline. not a popular proposition.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 10:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Are there any copyright issues in doing this ?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 12:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

nope. copyright issues as much as downloading top gear videos.
Old 21st March 2004, 13:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ Mar. 21 2004,10:54)]nope. copyright issues as much as downloading top gear videos.
So then that is not really a "nope".

Think of it this way, if someone bought a magazine and scanned it in and put it on the web the chances of people then buying the magazine to read has been lowered.

So i guess its this that the magazine wants to avoid.

Its great of you to take the effort to do this, and i understand that this is a foreign magazine and u also might have the view that you are generating interest and hence people would be more likely to buy the magazine; but in the end i have a feeling that in the word of the law it is illegal.

So thank you for your enthusiasm and time spent, but i dont think its a good idea to do it anymore...

Thanks,
Rehaan
Moderator - Shifting Gears

ps - sorry to seem like such a party pooper but as moderators we have to try and avoid any such conflicts that may be detrimental to the forum.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 13:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

well, not doing any promo for the magazines, doesn't really matter to me if they sell an extra copy because of me or not. i did this because these magazines are hard to come by around here, and when they do they cost a bomb. so if i do manage to lay my hands on a copy somewhere, it'd be in best interest for everybody to read important stories, and sort of a silent revolution to get them from charging us exhorbitant prices. anyway, i had seen people doing this on a couple of other forums, much larger ones, so i thought this might not be a bad idea. anyway..im editing the post and won't be doing it anymore.
Old 21st March 2004, 13:56   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

rehaan, i gues its ok to scan magazine articles and have them put up over here. Me too have seen them on lotsa forums.
Anyways i have no idea whether it violates any copyright laws. If it does then we shudnt have these pics here. Otherwise its ok.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 14:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Mar. 21 2004,12:26)]rehaan, i gues its ok to scan magazine articles and have them put up over here. Me too have seen them on lotsa forums.
Anyways i have no idea whether it violates any copyright laws. If it does then we shudnt have these pics here. Otherwise its ok.
Hey,

I have seen them on a lot of forums as well... but that doesnt mean its legal..right?

Sorry, but i guess we have to be ideal here!

Cya
Old 21st March 2004, 16:11   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

no problem. ok with me.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 22:02   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey All

I think that a simpler solution would be to offer a link to other forums that may have uploaded it to their site. This is in the case of my topic of the Ferrari roadtest, where I had simply provided the address of a forum where another user had posted it on.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2004, 03:57   #10
Team-BHP Support

GTO,

What you suggested is fine... its just in this particular instance P-head had doen the scans himself so they are "unique".
I guess he could post them on some other forum and then post the link

cheers