Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 22:37   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 124 Times
Default 2012 Audi S6 and S7

The first performance models of the A6 (Sedan and Estate) and the A7 Sportback have been revealed. They are powered by the same engine, an all-new twin turbo V8 producing 420 PS and 550 Nm of torque.

More details available here:

The Audi S6/S6 Avant revealed ahead of Frankfurt debut

2012 Audi S7 Sportback unveiled
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd September 2011, 06:16   #2
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 395
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

That engine will be used in the S8 as well. Those engines are used the bentley continental gt
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:02   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

The engine in the S8 will be of a much higher tune, putting out 520 PS. But then, that is a given, considering that the S8 is the flagship of the range.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:15   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,239
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Hoping they make an exception this time and we could have a new flagship by the name of RS 8. Woof !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:50   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,308
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
That engine will be used in the S8 as well. Those engines are used the bentley continental gt
Do Audi India plan to launch the "S" cars here soon?I know you can import anything if you have the dough,but i wish they would officially make it available in India.(So that i can see them in the showroom)
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:18   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,239
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Do Audi India plan to launch the "S" cars here soon?I know you can import anything if you have the dough,but i wish they would officially make it available in India.(So that i can see them in the showroom)
Well they have already launched an RS here in form of the RS 5. Also they have launched the A8 w12. Both these cars obviously do not make much sense with the kind of roads (roads..yea right ) we have here.
In spite of that, since people have the money and interest is being generated in our market, these lunatic versions have been launched. So yes, you most definitely could expect the S versions here a few months after their European launches. In case of the A8, i wish they launch the diesel monster 4.2 TDI here before the S8. That too will be 1 heck of a quick monster with 800NM torque.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:02   #7
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 395
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

I would love to see audi launch the S models here but believe it or not the S models dont compete with the amg's and m BMW's. The RS's do.
For example
bmw has a 335 which has 310 hp
Merc has a c350 which has 267 hp
And then audi has the S4 which has 333hp

The RS5 will compete against the c63 and the m3.
Along with the S6 competing with the
550 and the e500 or 550
The RS6 will compete with the M5 and the E63

Im talkin about outside India obviously but i thought i should clear that up because people get confused.


By the way
A8 W12 competes with the S65 and the 760
While the S8 competes with the S63 and the 750

Its a stiff competition where all competitors have a model for each other


As you can see audi beats it all

Last edited by i<3turbo : 2nd September 2011 at 14:05.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 15:28   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 3,873
Thanked: 2,404 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Audi to launch S6 by April- May 2013

The S6 is powered by a twin turbo 4.0 litre V8 TFSI petrol engine which belts out 420 bhp and 550 Nm of torque. Transmission duty is handled by a 7-speed S-tronic dual clutch gearbox. The engine features cylinder deactivation system which helps in boosting the fuel economy.

The S6 might not be the last fast Audi to enter India in 2013 as the facelifted Audi RS5 could also be in the queue for a late 2013 launch.

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 17:21   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,522
Thanked: 611 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Audi to launch S6 by April- May 2013

The S6 is powered by a twin turbo 4.0 litre V8 TFSI petrol engine which belts out 420 bhp and 550 Nm of torque. Transmission duty is handled by a 7-speed S-tronic dual clutch gearbox. The engine features cylinder deactivation system which helps in boosting the fuel economy.

The S6 might not be the last fast Audi to enter India in 2013 as the facelifted Audi RS5 could also be in the queue for a late 2013 launch.

My hunch is they will launch the facelift S5 to replace the RS5. The RS5 facelift is not much different at all, besides changes to the lights, its all the same absolutely no tweaks to the engine. The S5 could have more takers as it would be cheaper and more economical to run.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 19:21   #10
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 395
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My hunch is they will launch the facelift S5 to replace the RS5. The RS5 facelift is not much different at all, besides changes to the lights, its all the same absolutely no tweaks to the engine. The S5 could have more takers as it would be cheaper and more economical to run.
S5 wont launch because then no one would buy the s4. Keep in mind the b8.5 s5 comes with the 3.0T as well. And the rs5 facelift has newer features and the interior is far more superior build quality. The new rs5 also has cool add on options like laser cruise control and full led head lamps.And i have confirmed with a friend in audi india the face lift rs will be coming 2nd quater this year

Last edited by i<3turbo : 5th February 2013 at 19:23.
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 19:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,522
Thanked: 611 Times
Default Re: 2012 Audi S6 and S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
S5 wont launch because then no one would buy the s4. Keep in mind the b8.5 s5 comes with the 3.0T as well. And the rs5 facelift has newer features and the interior is far more superior build quality. The new rs5 also has cool add on options like laser cruise control and full led head lamps.And i have confirmed with a friend in audi india the face lift rs will be coming 2nd quater this year
I have test driven the face lifted RS5 in Europe. The interior build quality is no different. The car is already very well built inside out. Even the interior design remains almost identical.
Only thing Audi could do different this time for the face lifted RS5 is give more standard features. It's almost shameful how barren a base RS5 in India is, doesn't even have a sunroof!
The laser cruise control and such features don't work well in our environment. And would you really use cruise control on a Sportscar!

ACI had reported the S5 will come in. The S4 is well priced at below 50lakhs ex-showroom. The RS5 base starts at 85 ex-showroom. Hence there is a large gap that the S5 can fill, they can price it at 65lakhs which won't harm the S4 sales. However it could harm the RS5 sales which are anyway in single digits on a monthly basis, so Audi wouldn't care much of this loss when the S5 could sell in double digits month on month.

Although I personally hope they do not discontinue the RS5 as it is a dying breed of NA V8's ! And also for my selfish reason of having spare parts readily available for next few years

Last edited by Sahil : 5th February 2013 at 19:59.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi S6 priced at 85.99 lakhs, ex-Delhi JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 21 23rd July 2014 22:02
2013 Audi S6 to be launched in India soon Scorcher The Indian Car Scene 5 3rd July 2013 18:12
SCOOP: 2012 Audi S6 spied undisguised camchennai The International Automotive Scene 10 31st August 2011 14:02
Audi S7 spy shots fz_rider The International Automotive Scene 2 20th May 2010 00:46
Audi A6 facelift, S6 facelift, 580 bhp RS6 SEDAN unveiled sidindica The International Automotive Scene 8 12th August 2008 16:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks