Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 22nd February 2012, 14:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Top Gear Season 18 coming on Jan 2012!

Have to watch the 4th episode, 3rd one was so boring that i coudnt finish it :(. the last movie bit was too much dragged.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the FF link. But what I really want to know is when this episode will be screened in India. I know TG is aired every weekday at 11 pm, but I found some of them to be quite dated.
They should be airing the 3rd episode today at 11pm. Last Wednesday they've aired the 2nd episode i.e. China one, it was hilarious.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
They should be airing the 3rd episode today at 11pm. Last Wednesday they've aired the 2nd episode i.e. China one, it was hilarious.
Tonight's episode will also be telecasted tomorrow morning 7am.

I found this out cos I work in night shifts and would always miss the show. Now on Thursdays, I sneak out half an hour before time to reach home before the show starts
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 15:51   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

E5: Nice episode again. They should have shown a bit more of that Fabia. Loved the Saab tribute.

It looks like we may get the Suzuki Swift Sport on the show soon. I hope it is this season.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 16:46   #95
BHPian

i love TG when they stick to cars, testing M3s, lambo and the like flat out, not when they go about destroying cars and stuff. thats just idiotic IMO, its almost like they've run out of stuff to do and they are desperately trying to keep your attention. ive seen them destroy rolls, jags,mercs, lancias, alfas etc. i love cars no matter how old they are or how uncool they are portrayed in the west and it p**** me off when is see them being destroyed to garner attention. i just think they are peeved that all the great brit marques are no longer brit owned
howler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 17:28   #96
BHPian

Is it just me or do you guys also think that TG is getting a bit boring. I guess they are trying too hard to be funny. Episodes 3,4,5 have been a total dud if you ask me. Hope TG can bounce back with E6 or this season will go down as the worst season ever!
vagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 23:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
E5: Nice episode again. They should have shown a bit more of that Fabia. Loved the Saab tribute.
I am quite disappointed with the Fabia segment because it was taken straight out of Hammond's and May's DVD "Top Gear At the Movies". I really didn't expect Top Gear to run out ideas for the show that they had to resort to recycling segments
leodelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 00:18   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Smile Re: Top Gear Season 18 coming on Jan 2012!

What a great episode, they seem to be on a roll in this season, so far its much better than the previous season.

SIARPC section was kind of boring this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Is it just me or do you guys also think that TG is getting a bit boring. I guess they are trying too hard to be funny. Episodes 3,4,5 have been a total dud if you ask me. Hope TG can bounce back with E6 or this season will go down as the worst season ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
I am quite disappointed with the Fabia segment because it was taken straight out of Hammond's and May's DVD "Top Gear At the Movies". I really didn't expect Top Gear to run out ideas for the show that they had to resort to recycling segments
I somehow disagree, you have to keep in mind, that they are in season 18, to be able to do an unconventional/entertaining Car show for this long & still keep it interesting is a daunting task. I agree sometimes they do get boring, e.g. last season was relatively lukewarm, but this one is looking great so far.

Again everyone has different tastes so I am sure not everyone would find the episodes equally good or bad.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th February 2012 at 00:19.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 19:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

I liked the 5th episode, it was fun to watch. And that Fabia Vs Jetpack was a good one. Overall a nice episode, may be except for the star in a low priced car section. Now waiting for the 6th episode.
BTW, BBC is airing some very old episodes of Top Gear, last week it was one with Mini and that BBR Mini was muaahhhhhh!! Hammond almost crashed it though
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 21:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
It was aired last Wednesday (Feb 29th). For those who missed the TG series at 11 pm, they are repeated from 2 pm to 7 pm on Saturdays on BBC Entertainment. The latest season is aired at 6 pm on Saturday, apart from 11 pm Wednesday.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 00:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Don't wish to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet, but the 6th episode was quite damp. It wasn't funny or interesting except for the old monster cars! The SIARPC was pretty boring!
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 00:27   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Don't wish to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet, but the 6th episode was quite damp. It wasn't funny or interesting except for the old monster cars! The SIARPC was pretty boring!
Erm...why do you feel like that, mate? I found it quite funny and very entertaining. I can even dare say it to be one of the best episodes in a while. With this season they are back to the usual business, funny but not cocking-about.

The whole episode was full of banter, apart from the SIARPC, of course. Track cars, Le Mans race start, Speed-trap etc., everything seemed to flow on its own without being staged or scripted. The News was a solid 10/10, plus the Audi Q3 gag had me in splits. Brutus vs Bentley bit was informative and equally intriguing. The second half with cons of track-only cars was funny too. I found the 6th episode amazing, to be honest.

Last edited by Shivank : 6th March 2012 at 00:28.
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 09:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Erm...why do you feel like that, mate? I found it quite funny and very entertaining. I can even dare say it to be one of the best episodes in a while. With this season they are back to the usual business, funny but not cocking-about.

The whole episode was full of banter, apart from the SIARPC, of course. Track cars, Le Mans race start, Speed-trap etc., everything seemed to flow on its own without being staged or scripted. The News was a solid 10/10, plus the Audi Q3 gag had me in splits. Brutus vs Bentley bit was informative and equally intriguing. The second half with cons of track-only cars was funny too. I found the 6th episode amazing, to be honest.
I found the Q3 gag funny too! But the track cars section felt like they were trying too hard to be funny, with JC and JM trying to make RH's three-wheeler fall off and stuff. But then, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 09:17   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with Shivank. I am a fan of track days and found the E6 entertaining. But SIARPC was quite boring. Maybe TG can do away with SIARPC in some episodes when they don't get Mr. Fassbender or Amy Williams and extend the news section.

The new name for Donington Park and the Audi at the 'right' places had me in splits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
But the track cars section felt like they were trying too hard to be funny, with JC and JM trying to make RH's three-wheeler fall off and stuff.
Yep, that they were. Or else, they would have got the Atom instead of the Morgan.

Last edited by deetjohn : 6th March 2012 at 09:23. Reason: Adding quote.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 10:07   #105
BHPian

I have always wondered how others felt about the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' portion of TG. It just bores me to death and now I just skip the part (I can because I download it and then watch the episodes). Maybe the only one that I enjoyed was the one with Sebastian Vettel and the one with Cameron Diaz.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote