Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 9th March 2006, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Default What's brewing at Hyundai?

Geneva Motor Show

Hyundai introduced its Genus concept, an attractive crossover that looks like it could go into production tomorrow and sell equally well in the U.S. and overseas.

Designed in Europe, the Genus rides on the Sonata sedan's platform. Inside, it resembles a minivan, with a roomy cabin and a rear seat that is a traditional bench seat, or folds flat into the floor or slides outside of the vehicle's body to carry a bike. It also features a panoramic glass roof and has all-wheel drive.

Hyundai executives have said they intend to emphasize crossovers in their future product portfolio. In fact, the Genus is the second crossover concept unveiled this year. The sporty Talus made its debut at Detroit's auto show.

Source: BusinessWeek

See picture here:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10731

Last edited by Aditya : 9th March 2006 at 20:19.
giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2006, 01:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri
Geneva Motor Show

Hyundai introduced its Genus concept, an attractive crossover that looks like it could go into production tomorrow and sell equally well in the U.S. and overseas.
I like it, looks damn good...some of these japanese guys have been trying different stuff and they are coming out good..look at the mazda crossover CX7 really nice..they tried to compete and sort of copy nissan murano
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 06:29   #3
BHPian

I saw this car when i visited the Geneva Motorshow. Honestly, I quite liked the overall profile of the car. Its fresh and away from some quirky hyundai's of the past.

The cabin looks roomy and the package seems really good. This car should sell well around the world, if put into production.
salil_kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote