Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 6th December 2011, 02:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Bentley teases new 4.0L Turbo-Charged V8 engine

Bentley, going by the global-trend seems to be laying down some cylinders and a turbo from its block.

Here is the official teaser clip of thier all-new 4-liter Turbo-Charged V8 churning out 513 horses and 650 nm torques.

"Twin-Turbo W12", Dayyum, that still sounds so good!

Source

Quote:
Bentley has released the first teaser video of their upcoming turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine.
While there isn't much to see, the clip reveals a "stirring and thunderous" exhaust note which is a "prelude to a potent new Bentley driving experience that begins in 2012."
As we have previously reported, the engine was jointly-developed with Audi and has been tuned to "deliver all the exhilarating power and torque synonymous with the marque." Specifications remain a mystery, but the twin-turbo V8 produces 520 PS (382 kW / 513 hp) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque in the S8.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 00:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bentley teases new 4.0L Turbo-Charged V8 engine

Sounds like the SLS. Very un-Bentley, I say. But its a nice noise, objectively
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 04:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

I love the way it sounds! I would loop it and listen to it all day.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 10:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Sounds like the SLS. Very un-Bentley, I say. But its a nice noise, objectively

un-Bentley ???
You have been able to specify typical Bentley exhaust roars ??? Haven't managed that as yet mainly as their previous w12 was a VW phaeton derived unit and the current V8 is already seen in the new S8. So in this case ,what sounds Bentley like should technically also sound Audi like. Have not been able to specifically point out typical Bentley rumbles per say.
Of course just a judgement, i have not looked into detail at the changes Bentley have incorporated into the unit from the S8. Power upgrade i guess due to the huge kerb weight ?
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 22:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
un-Bentley ???
You have been able to specify typical Bentley exhaust roars ??? Haven't managed that as yet mainly as their previous w12 was a VW phaeton derived unit and the current V8 is already seen in the new S8. So in this case ,what sounds Bentley like should technically also sound Audi like. Have not been able to specifically point out typical Bentley rumbles per say.
Of course just a judgement, i have not looked into detail at the changes Bentley have incorporated into the unit from the S8. Power upgrade i guess due to the huge kerb weight ?
I'm aware of those facts. What I meant to say was that the engine noise isn't much in character with what Bentley epitomises. Even the Supersports, which was their sportiest car, had a rather muted engine note.This sounds very racy. But then, I'm not saying I would say "no, thanks" if offered a drive in one
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote