Team-BHP - Ferrari SP12 - One-off V12 458 for Eric Clapton
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ferrari SP12 - One-off V12 458 for Eric Clapton (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/118039-ferrari-sp12-one-off-v12-458-eric-clapton.html)

The Ferrari's Special Projects Department builds a one-off V12 458 for Eric Clapton, christened Ferrari SP12.

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2723327)
The Ferrari's Special Projects Department builds a one-off V12 458 for Eric Clapton, christened Ferrari SP12.

Source

Don't like the looks of it. What is the silver grill like thing in the front? I think it takes away from the design.

It seems Mr. Eric Clapton wanted a old school looking Ferrari with the modern touch and a new V12 engine, that's the reason why Ferrari would have build it like this. But it looks really ugly. The front is disproportionate and the rear can be passed off. I think Ferrari needs to learn to design its car from Lamborghini, just a look at new Ferrari F12 is enough.:deadhorse

What I don't understand is, if the guy spend 4.75 mil on the car and supposedly this car is a tribute to the 70s Boxer engined Ferraris, Why did he go for a V12 instead of a boxer 12.

One word. WOW.

This is why I want to be a Rockstar! :D

Eric Clapton, you've got taste, Sir.

This is how Ferraris are supposed to look, and back in the '90s, this is how I pictured modern Ferraris to look. It's got all the right modern touches, but looks effortlessly clean, understated and 'just right'.

Most modern Ferraris look like their body-work has been forced. Probably because they've been designed in wind-tunnels, and not on a drawing board by an enthusiast with a pencil.

Oh how I love this car, and it makes me go weak in the knees.

Would have been icing on the cake, had Ferrari engineered a one-off boxer-mill with modern components. That would have been mouth-watering.

I'm sure Ferrari would have done that for a few extra million. :D

I don't see anything wrong with this Ferrari. The pictures posted are of bad quality and none of it is in full length to appreciate this. I am sure when better pictures come out it will be appreciated.

A modern man with an old-fashioned heart as the song goes. \m/ Clapton!

Some more pics of the SP12 from WCF.

Source

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

that looks like a ferrari now , beautiful! hints of the lovely testarossa from the front grill

Can it do 185 ?
:D

A different pace there with the V12, unlike what he puts his strings through !

Here is a rather discretely taken video of the SP12. Don't like the design much but I guess it had to be like this to give a tribute to the 512BB.

P.S: His request for a V12 Italia dates back to 2010 and Ferrari had promised to make a one-off for him!
Read here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...a-ar92796.html

Ferrari SP12 EC - Eric Clapton's £3m 458 in London - YouTube

Its not a V12 as reports suggest.It retains the V8 and the rest of the drive-train.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 2724180)
Its not a V12 as reports suggest.It retains the V8 and the rest of the drive-train.

That's quite a dampener.

Anyway, what do YOU think of the design language? I think it's brilliant. I also think ALL Ferraris should have ideally been designed on similar lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2724197)
That's quite a dampener.

Anyway, what do YOU think of the design language? I think it's brilliant. I also think ALL Ferraris should have ideally been designed on similar lines.

+1. The most beautiful Ferrari according to me in recent time.
Does anyone have its high res pictures? Need them for wallpaper.

I really like the rear and side profile. It is more like a blast from the past. :) The front could have been better though.

And, they could have done a better job with the paint. The black bumper and the silver fins have to go.