Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 7th June 2012, 19:04   #1
BHPian

Default Bugatti Veyron Umbrella-Type Soft Top

The soft top is actually designed as an umbrella. Is this the only car in the world with this feature? Sure other cars have soft tops too, but I have not seen such a simple yet brilliant way of packaging it.
Attached Images

Last edited by D33-PAC : 7th June 2012 at 19:08.
D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 10:19   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron umbrella roof.

What?? Isn't this stup...er....useless? Who will expose the interior of their Rs. 4 Cr+ car to rain/snow/sun and walk away with the umbrella/soft top??
nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 10:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
What?? Isn't this stup...er....useless? Who will expose the interior of their Rs. 4 Cr+ car to rain/snow/sun and walk away with the umbrella/soft top??
I agree with you there with the stup...silly part. It looks downright embarassing to say I paid a million bucks and got an umbrella for a roof.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 11:15   #4
BHPian

This should quality for atrocious modification section. You can actually see the umbrella handle sticking down between the two seats. This is funny stuff.
Dicky_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 22:49   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron Umbrella-Type Soft Top

Sorry guys, I seem to have given you the impression that it is a carry-able umbrella.

This is not an umbrella per se. The soft top is designed as an umbrella for packaging purposes so it fits in the boot. The handle is removable. You don't actually take the "umbrella" with you when it rains.

And if you drive a Veyron I'm sure there's always someone to follow you around with an umbrella ready.

But at the same time I cannot say it was designed this way for no reason. Maybe Veyron owners would rather have their car's interior get wet while putting the hard top on?

Last edited by D33-PAC : 8th June 2012 at 22:54.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 23:00   #6
BHPian

Wonder if they speed tested the softtop around the racetrack. Have a feeling it will be blown away!!
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 23:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

The conventional Targa top appears to be put together in a better way. This Umbrella top appears to have lot of wrinkles and folds. Not expected of Bugatti quality.

I find no use for this other than if you were to park this at a beach and head to the sands carrying this "umbrella".
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote