Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2013, 17:30   #211
BHPian

Default Re: 2013 MQB Skoda Octavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Another thing that I read was that in the UK all models except the vRS and 4wd versions will not get the rear multilink suspension.
Yup, your'e right. Only the top end variants get eh multi link suspension. The lesser models have to do with the fixed torsion beam type setup. But, I probably wouldn't fret over that as much. Though, going by the current info (of higher models being launched first), wouldn't we get the multi link suspension

Frankly speaking, chances are that a German with a fixed torsion setup will still ride better than a Korean with a multi link setup, both cars being from the same segment.
Old 25th February 2013, 21:23   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s a new design language for Skoda, but personally I find the Jetta’s look much more attractive than the new Octavia.

Here is a review of the new 2013 Octavia from CarBuyer UK – largely positive…
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/sk...tchback/review
Old 26th February 2013, 12:02   #213
BHPian

Good News: India will get Navigation headunit in new Octavia.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:20   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Well, first things first - are we getting the engine that matters? 1.8 TSi 180 BHP? If yes, then I will happily navigate myself .
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 12:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Source?? But doesn't the top variant of all Jetta and Octavias always get the touch screen with navigation on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Well, first things first - are we getting the engine that matters? 1.8 TSi 180 BHP? If yes, then I will happily navigate myself .
Yup, ACI thinks that the higher state tune engines will be the nes that'll be launched first. 1.8 liter 180 bhp TSI and 2.0 liter 150 bhp TDI. I am looking at the 150 bhp TDI.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:54   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

Yup, ACI thinks that the higher state tune engines will be the nes that'll be launched first. 1.8 liter 180 bhp TSI and 2.0 liter 150 bhp TDI. I am looking at the 150 bhp TDI.
Good if that happens. I read that ACI article and then I read elsewhere that it won't happen...

An Octy that has 20 BHP added and 100 KGs reduced.
Skoda, please don't listen to VW...
Old 27th February 2013, 10:23   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Source?? But doesn't the top variant of all Jetta and Octavias always get the touch screen with navigation on it.
no, it doesn't come with navigation on current models. Jetta top end has touch screen but not navigation.
Octavia / Laura doesn't come with touchscreen headunit.
Old 27th February 2013, 10:26   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
no, it doesn't come with navigation on current models. Jetta top end has touch screen but not navigation.
Octavia / Laura doesn't come with touchscreen headunit.
Yeah it does, till a month ago only the L&K and vRS had it but now every single Laura comes with a touchscreen.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 17:51   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda to release the Octavia this Diwali, speculates discontinuing the Laura!

Quote:
Skoda, which has now been in India for nearly 15 years, is looking at the new Octavia to turn around its fortunes in 2013. The new Octavia, which replaces the second-generation model (badged as the Laura in India) will be launched by Diwali
http://bsmotoring.com/news/skoda-to-...-diwali/6488/1

Cheers!
Old 7th March 2013, 11:57   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia gets five-star rating in EuroNCAP.

Quote:
This top rating recognises the new Skoda Octavia’s excellent performance, which is divided into occupant protection for adults and children, pedestrian protection and supporting safety systems.

Euro NCAP awarded top marks for the circumferential occupant protection of adults seated in the front. The new ŠKODA Octavia achieved 93% of the possible number of points in this category. The passenger compartment remains stable; the front-seated dummies are virtually undamaged after the test. The circumferential protection of front-seated adults of different body sizes, in different seating positions is equally good.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/Pa...euro-ncap.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th March 2013 at 12:16. Reason: Link changed to original website, the earlier linked website was just a copy paste job from original. Thanks for posting
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 14:36   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed NCAP Report.

Results:
Adult occupant : 93%
Child Occupant : 86%
Pedestrian : 82%
Safety asist: 66%

http://www.euroncap.com/results/skoda/octavia/512.aspx
Old 7th March 2013, 16:19   #222
BHPian

A link to the international site; think this hasn't been posted yet:

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/models/...tavia/overview

It seems they there would be 1.2 (Greentec - 77 Kw and non-Greentec - 63 Kw) and 1.4 versions available as well, though I don't know if it'd make sense to launch 1.2 in India. No torque figures though. The 1.4 one is 103 Kw, means 140 PS, and not 122 like the 1.4 Jetta TSI.

Last edited by Tats07 : 7th March 2013 at 16:38.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:24   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda to release the Octavia this Diwali, speculates discontinuing the Laura!

http://bsmotoring.com/news/skoda-to-...-diwali/6488/1

Cheers!
the diwali launch is a bummer, i was hoping that it will be launched by mid year as the initial speculation was. I suppose this is more realistic. The article also says pricing expected between 12 to 17. If the L &K diesel DSG is priced at 17 lakh ex showroom then it will be fantastic. I hope skoda does that and then there will be a stampede in their showrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Octavia gets five-star rating in EuroNCAP.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/Pa...euro-ncap.aspx
thanks for sharing this. i expected nothing less from the octavia. i remember the sense of security when i first sat insude the Mk 1 octy
Old 12th March 2013, 20:29   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post

the diwali launch is a bummer, i was hoping that it will be launched by mid year as the initial speculation was. I suppose this is more realistic. The article also says pricing expected between 12 to 17. If the L &K diesel DSG is priced at 17 lakh ex showroom then it will be fantastic. I hope skoda does that and then there will be a stampede in their showrooms

thanks for sharing this. i expected nothing less from the octavia. i remember the sense of security when i first sat insude the Mk 1 octy
The Diwali launch is a bummer indeed. I have been postponing my plans for the last 8 months and now this will force me to push it out further. But something tells me this car will be worth the wait. Maybe its just wishful thinking .
Old 13th March 2013, 11:48   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
The Diwali launch is a bummer indeed. I have been postponing my plans for the last 8 months and now this will force me to push it out further. But something tells me this car will be worth the wait. Maybe its just wishful thinking .
it will be worth the wait. The product seems to be clearly great, the clincher will be the price, if they fully discontinue the laura and launch all the variants in a go and price the top end at 17lk ex showroom them it surely will be a huge success. It is also rumoured that the new corolla could be launched around the same time, so i am hoping that competition and the dip in overall car sales will prompt skoda to price aggressively and then i hope i can find enough money to get one. i check this thread daily to see if there any updates. keeping my fingers crossed
Closed Thread