Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 24th April 2006, 12:27   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Enter, Stage Left - My Black Beauty, the Chevrolet Lumina SS, aka Holden Monaro aka Pontiac GTO.
Yeah baby, and cheers to American muscle! That big block baby has one thing written all over it - CHARACTER.

Congratulations.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 13:22   #17
BHPian

A true-blue v8 chevy - now thats something to lust after

Congrats, man - and lets get to o-100 in 4.7 soon
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 14:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Back in Black? LOL

Welcome. And please post more pics and a file with the exhaust note. Delicious!! American muscle looks good too. Hmmm ....
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 14:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats man

At first I was like it looks like the commodore hell even the interiors are the same may be a bit here & there but quite similar but then I read your post that its the engine which is marking the difference
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 14:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Steer

Congrats..... Wishing to see more pics
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 15:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Waiting for pics.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 17:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Steeroid! And.....WOW!!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 18:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Steer here is some thing that might interest you:

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=138
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 22:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Steer, be honest! How much did the fact that you were living in the land of dirt cheap oil influence your decision to buy a "gas guzzling" American V8? joking man. Enjoy it to the max! But after seeing what it can do on Top Gear i think you should really have gone for the manual.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 22:07   #25
BHPian

thats right Deeps such big muscle cars make real fun when u have a manual tranny, i know Dubai traffic is what steer has taken into account for his decision but then if he is just driving to work it wont make much of a difference with a manual.

btw Steeriod i am based in abu dhabi and daily commute to dubai let me have a peek at ur car.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 05:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
i know Dubai traffic is what steer has taken into account for his decision but then if he is just driving to work it wont make much of a difference with a manual.
Trust me, 2fast4u - it sometimes takes me longer to do the 38 km drive to the DIC from Dubai than it would for you to reach the DIC from Abu Dhabi (140 km) - to the extent that many of us working in the DIC have considered moving to Abu Dhabi....I've taken upto 2 hours to get back home from the office, sometimes with cramps on my left foot.

My Mondeo was manual, which I thought was a good idea at that time. Wrong choice as I found while selling the car because nobody wants a Mondy here anyway and it being manual only made matters worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
btw Steeriod i am based in abu dhabi and daily commute to dubai let me have a peek at ur car.
I'll send you a PM with my number. Call me and lets get together for a beer or two...I'll try and bring Catamaran (another DXB member, in case you're wondering) along.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 05:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Steer here is some thing that might interest you:

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=138
Going By steers signature i think this site is perfect for him..
What say steer??? any plans for mods..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 07:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Wow! How did I miss this thread... Steeroid, Congrats on your black beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Enter, Stage Left - My Black Beauty, the Chevrolet Lumina SS, aka Holden Monaro aka Pontiac GTO.
I used to own the little brother (Chevy Malibu LS) of this car, well, very very little brother at 2.4L V6.

Quote:
After years spent laughing at american cars, their general dynamics and the people that drive them, I went around looking for an economy sports sedan and the only wheels in my budget were American.
People who laugh at American cars are the ones who have never owned it. I used to be the only desi in my circle who owned a chevy (or any american car), I had a fully loaded car at the price of a naked Accord. May be it is their defence mechanism. I made a point to laugh back at them.

Quote:
Towards the end of the deal, my wife stepped in to remind me that I was a married man and therefore cannot possibly have my way ALL the time.
Finally the control system kicked in, I was beginning to believe you act too independent for a married man.

Quote:
A year back I would never have contemplated such a purchase.
Thank you, Psycho. Thank you, TBHP.
Yeah, Team-BHP has the tendency to bring out the hard revving beast in you, or in your case a beast into your driveway.

Last edited by Samurai : 26th April 2006 at 07:07.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Finally the control system kicked in, I was beginning to believe you act too independent for a married man.
Feeling jealous, Samurai San?

Controls exist, but they can be bypassed. There's something evil cooking up in my devious mind...the dealer gives a 7-day no questions asked replacement guarantee if you are 'not satisfied' or if the vehicle develops ANY defect within that time, as long as you're willing to bear the registration cost of the 2nd vehicle. Who knows - the traction control may just stop working or something like that...and then the only car they can replace it with will be the shiny black coupe.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the traction control may just stop working or something like that...and then the only car they can replace it with will be the shiny black coupe.

so are we expecting a coupe too... best of luck... maybe you can also give my contact details to the dealer.. i will pick up your car with "spoiled" traction control for a cheaper price. .. who needs traction control in India...
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote