Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 27th March 2013, 13:42   #16
Default Re: Reuters : Has Volkswagen discovered the Holy Grail of carmakers?

Originally Posted by GTO View Post

At least they look different. Look at what VW & Skoda India have done with the Vento & Rapid (respectively). The same, identical cars with different lights. Where's the sense in that?
if you are a value shopper or fuel economy conscious you buy the skoda; On the other side your classmates and fellow friends would be more impressed if you drove the Volkswagen.

A Skoda ASS is not for the faint hearted and you pay for VW branding cost at their showroom/service.

In fact i like the arrangement a lot in fact it gets even more better next year by which time the skoda rapid will have a new design language grill in front and possibly a 1.2 or 1.4 TSI behind the grill. maybe I am smoking too much
supremoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 08:46   #17
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Reuters : Has Volkswagen discovered the Holy Grail of carmakers?

VW Group Tops 7 Million Sales in Nine Months for the First Time Ever - Asia sales the highest increase in sales. Skoda is the only brand showing a drop in sales!

Even though the European market continues to have problems, the VW Group had no problem setting an all-time sales record surpassing the 7 million mark for the first time during the first three quarters of a year (from January through September).

By brand, Volkswagen recorded a 3.6 percent increase in global sales (4.36 million), with Audi up 7.6 percent (1.18 million deliveries), Porsche sold 119,700 cars (it became a member of the VW family in August 2012), Skoda dropped 4.5 percent (684,900) and Seat increased its sales by 11.7 percent (266,100 cars).

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote