| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th March 2013, 16:13||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Thanked: 65 Times
Jaguar reveals XKR-S GT
Jaguar has revealed the XKR-S GT
1. Engine and powertrain carried over from XKR-S
2. Initially only 30 will be made for the north American market, 25 for US, 5 for Canada
3. First road going Jaguar to have carbon ceramic brakes
4. Pirelli corsa tyres made specifically for the car
5. Suspension, uprights developed from expertise gained during the development of F-type
6. Top speed limited to 186mph, can cross 200mph with limiter removed
7. 0-60mph time drops from 4.2 to 3.9s in comparison to XKR-S
Last edited by dgupta : 27th March 2013 at 16:21.
|The following BHPian Thanks dgupta for this useful post:|
|27th March 2013, 16:48||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 189 Times
Re: Jaguar reveals XKR-S GT
When the XKR-S came out, it seemed like Jaguar had put the most sporting exclamation point on their XK grand tourer range.
I am betting that it's (unexpected) success has tempted Jaguar to go one step further ... to see what they could do to extend the life of the aging XK platform, to go further into hardcore sporting territory and to milk some more money out of people who were attracted to the XKR-S.
I'm afraid they haven't done enough to add even higher sporting credentials to the R-S, for the price they are charging; and they've only succeeded in making an alphabet soup out of this model.
|The following BHPian Thanks FourWheelDrift for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Jaguar reveals the ‘Bike Sense’ safety technology||Tushar||The International Automotive Scene||4||22nd January 2015 09:59|
|Jaguar XK, XKR and Others Spotted in Mumbai (w/ video)||straight6||Super-Cars & Imports in India||50||1st February 2014 18:46|
|Jaguar XKR-S: Revealed - announced for Geneva debut||Scorcher||The International Automotive Scene||7||11th March 2011 09:23|
|2011 Jaguar XKR||Scorcher||The International Automotive Scene||1||7th March 2010 00:22|
|Replacement for the XK8 / XKR||Aditya||The International Automotive Scene||12||14th August 2005 01:33|