Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th April 2013, 01:16   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The New 2013 Toyota Vios

Toyota India got Virat Kohli to endorse the Etios to make it seem like a cool car ! The fact is that its more Akash Chopra (cricket followers will probably get what im saying here). Vios is more like the car a young indian would identify with. Its more like the car, a Virat Kohli should endorse. Toyota needs to understand that India is as imp as Thailand and Indonesia. We buy the newest phones, wear the latest fashion and buy world cars !
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 04:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

They never disappoint me in coming out with horrible design.
This one is every bit as ugly as their other offerings.
Toyota, spend at least a small amount of your profits on hiring a competent design house.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 22:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Exactly! And Why shouldn't they be? There are here in India to do business after all. They felt that a car at the Etios price point would bring them higher volumes rather than the Vios, and they were right. The Auto industry is all about volumes, isn't it?

Maybe now that the Verna is selling so well, Toyota can look at bringing this car here at some point.
I wonder how come they didn't notice Swift/ DZire sales skyrocketting once they upgraded cars with better quality than earlier.

I hope they noticed the sales of Figo (Not the initial market response, but the numbers it settled down to!) and the thriving success of i20. I hope they noticed the failure of Logan/ Verito, and the lukewarm response to the Manza. Also the huge success of Verna.

Toyota - Indian market is maturing. You can still sell cheap products, but it should be priced accordingly. You just cannot expect to do a qualis anymore with just Toyota brandname and reliability backing your products.

I hope they replace Etios with Vios, even though it means pricing the Vios directly against Verna/ Vento.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is what the ETIOS should have been.

Toyota has better products overseas. Vios is one example and YARIS is an another one. I sometimes wonder why these models never make it to INDIA.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 08:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its all to do with demand and supply. In India, customers blindly purchase Toyota, no matter how high is the cost or whether there's any value for money. Furthermore, the other dealers are not being competitive enough, which eases the way for Toyota for enjoy such high profit margins.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 09:17   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I wonder how come they didn't notice Swift/ DZire sales skyrocketting once they upgraded cars with better quality than earlier.

I hope they noticed the sales of Figo (Not the initial market response, but the numbers it settled down to!) and the thriving success of i20. I hope they noticed the failure of Logan/ Verito, and the lukewarm response to the Manza. Also the huge success of Verna.

Toyota - Indian market is maturing. You can still sell cheap products, but it should be priced accordingly. You just cannot expect to do a qualis anymore with just Toyota brandname and reliability backing your products.

I hope they replace Etios with Vios, even though it means pricing the Vios directly against Verna/ Vento.
Business is all about projections and predictions based on current trends and information available. If all business entities were able to make perfect predictions we'd never have one clear winner would we? The market is the ultimate judge of a product's success or failure. When a company launches a product it is with the hope that the market accepts it. The Etios may not have been the success Toyota hoped it to be, but its not doing that bad either. The Vios and the Etios fall in different sub segments just like the Honda City and the Amaze. There is a gap between the Etios and the Altis and Toyota may well decide to fill up that gap with the Vios.

Toyota has been a master of selling cars in the world. Their strategies and predictions have worked well for them in the past. Market is always dynamic and ultimately businesses that are able to adapt only will survive.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 09:53   #22
BHPian

This was much needed earlier, any how Toyota might be on the right front now with its different strategy for India altogether. Only thing when they can replace aggressive Vios with the feminine Altis!
metropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 10:40   #23
BHPian

Looks cool. The front grille reminds me of the new fiesta though. The meters are for the driver now (It was for everyone else, earlier!). Seems like a good car by looking at everything. It would kick off if toyota gives it the required publicity and gives the public what it wants in this car.
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote