Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th May 2013, 13:31   #16

Default Re: Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!

Absolutely loony - looking thing. I'm afraid Walter De Silva took one of his grand-children's toy car and scaled it up!! The Veneno was bad enough, this is unforgivably ugly! It looks more like DC (yep! our own Dilip Chhabria) has a go! Look at the side vents - totally juvenile looking, that too coming from the makers of Aventador etc..

Many people have mentioned "over - the - top aggression" etc..etc.. but you cannot discount good taste...Why does the Aventador look good while still looking aggressive? Because it is designed thoughtfully! So is the 458, and the Gallardo, and the Zonda and so on. This is one futile attempt at taste-less aggression!

To redeem themselves, they better put both the Urus (confirmed for 2016) and the Estoque in production!
Nuract123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 16:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a commission for the next Batman movie. But hang on, Batman has retired has he not..?

Not a thing of beauty by any stretch of imagination, but a wild concept nevertheless.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 18:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Egoista closing the canopy and engine start.

Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 13:57   #19
BHPian

In my sincere opinion, the stock Aventador looks much better than the Egoista and Veneno. These cars look more conceptual and outrageous and robot-like - but nowhere close to Aventador in beauty. Again, it could just be my personal tastes.
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 14:39   #20
BHPian

This is what Lambo does and by GOD they are spot on. When ever I think of Lambos the only word which comes to mind is crazy. From the Countach to the Diablo to the Gallardo's and the Aventadors to the Veneno all are 100% absolutely crazy and that is what I love about Lambo.

They do this Lamborghini, they are the last bastions of the car the heart wanted and not the head and doing this being a part of a thirsty money hungry conglomerate like VAG is an accomplishment.
Even at the Geneva motor show where Ferrari and Mclaren came with products to showcase their future and what not, Lambo just came to celebrate and what a celebration the Veneno was. They one upped it this time with the Egoista.

I might be killed for saying this but no Ferrari ever created a lasting impression on my head, of course driving would have, but I never drove one so can't say. And Porche, all look the same for a very long time now. But Lambo has always had crazy beautiful cars and this one seater is no exception. Is it a rocket, is it a car, is it ?, what is it? .

It is absolutely crazy and for that I am happy.

Last edited by eq24 : 15th May 2013 at 14:50.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 15:09   #21
BHPian

This car is immensely unlikely to ever get near production. In fact it's as close to production as a 5000 BHP car which gives 1500 KMPL :P

That said however, the powerplant on it is of some interest as it's a V10 with around 600 BHP so it may just be that Lamborghini added a Carbrera (?) engine to this or just re-tuned a Gallardo engine to 600 BHP.
Taronish_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 17:11   #22
BHPian

I'm really sorry Lamborghini.
With all due respect, that is THE ugliest car I've ever seen. It looks like little pieces of plastic stuck together at odd angles. There is no sense of proportion at all.
The only thing that's vaguely Lamorghini-ish is the profile, which resembles its brothers.

In addition, its just a glorified Gallardo. With a 5.2 litre V10 with 600 odd bhp.

I read that they want this car to "have a bit of all the characters that people have associated with Lambo over the years".
Looks like they've only taken the bad things and emphasized them.
And the've added another one: Hideous.

How can anyone be proud of such a creation.
mango_pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 23:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Egoista closing the canopy and engine start.

that has honestly got to be the cooled looking thing ive ever seen!! GOD ALMIGHTY!! talk about stepping outta line!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 13:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
that has honestly got to be the cooled looking thing ive ever seen!! GOD ALMIGHTY!! talk about stepping outta line!!
I meant to say "coolest'.
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 13:51   #25
BHPian

Anybody remember Speed Racer cartoon? The Mach 5 looks similar to this. Lambo make this car and make our childhood dreams come true
D'Artagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 15:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
I would agree with all of you, except one small thing keep me from going with the flow.. lets look back at the history of Ferrari, or Porsche.. multiple race wins, epic roadcars what not.. and what about lambo? take a moment now.. EXACTLY!! sure theyve had a few engines in some power boats, and a few racecars, but theyve never really gotten fully involved in racing to the level of its other european counterparts.. given a choice, for pure driving pleasure, most of us would take the f40 over the countach hands down, me included (not that ive driven either, but you get the point)... but which made the better poster car?
Design exercise? yea for sure!!
All show an questionable go? probably!!
but speed was never the point!! this was never meant to make u fizzy round the nurburgring.. how many people remembered the countach for its performance?
fast forward to 2013 and ask your kids, young relatives, younger siblings etc, which they like better, the 458 or this, and you should hopefully see what i mean..
This my friends, was designed to be a poster car, not to take youre driving experience to a whole new level, but to place itself in the minds of countless children who love hotwheels, and speedracer and transformers and what not.. not unlike most of us when we were young.. this is purely my opinion on the matter and nothing else..
Cheers!!

Lamborghini is a company since when? 1963? and Ferrari is from 1930 and Bugatti from 1910 and ferrari having a revenue of 2.2billion euros
Taking the amount of time these companies have given in, Lamborghini has made a huge progress, not just because of its poster designs and powerful engines but the solid and ferocious character that Ferruccio Lamborghini planted.
From a tractor manufacturing company to hyper car production in such short time,still having revenue of around 450 million euros and managing to produce beasts? that's a success story to such a small company, Not to forget once lotus used v12's from Lamborghini on f1 track.
I not only believe but sure that people remember lamborghini for its "soul" and not for mere concept alien looks or designs of toy car for tastes of children.
Us few Lambo fans are ourselves not into latest alien designs from this new boss and management, Now which cars and companies doesn't have this issue? but still, who knows what they are upto? Its a Lambo!! they get their hands dirty in the mud, play around a bit and make a few deliberate mistakes(why not if its part of a research?) and comes up with a huge surprise to the world,Countach to Aventador is the proof.
Even if its a complete waste of time.. Those who like Lamborghini's for "right reasons" would still know it deep inside them.
I haven't driven any cars from either of these companies too But when it comes to comparing Ferrari and Lamborghini, It goes like this: They have the class of their own, Ferrari with good background, racing stats and all technological stuffs, Lamborghini for its Solidness of a bull, remorseless guts to experiment crazy stuffs, "Its my way or the highway attitude".

Ferrari's : Please get in, You need to do this, press that button, throttle this much, brake that much,corner here, speed up there,What not?

Lamborghini's : Lets just go for a Mad run, Shall we?

I prefer later and could use some madness in the world which is too perfect with clockwork, desk jobs and Logical stuffs. Now that is Lamborghini and its cars is all about.
Its just my Opinion!!
Mahven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 12:57   #27
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Outrageous!

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-egoista.jpg
Source: exoticsonroad
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote