Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 18th March 2014, 15:22   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Is the Burma special the season finale?Would have loved to watch a few more episodes.
I hope not.
I have been addicted to the show and hope that they roll out with the next season ASAP.
ayush1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 12:38   #92
BHPian

Default Re: TopGear Season 21 - Now on Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Is the Burma special the season finale?Would have loved to watch a few more episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
I hope not.
I have been addicted to the show and hope that they roll out with the next season ASAP.

The 2nd episode of the Burma special is indeed the final show of season 21. Sad.

Last edited by Roomy : 21st March 2014 at 12:43.
Roomy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 13:27   #93
Senior - BHPian

Guys i have seen both the burma special shows and i have an observation.

By saying what i observed I risk myself to be placed in the line of fire, however, i felt the Burma special is too predictable and rather badly scripted, jeremy's naration is hidious when compared to previous episodes and seasons.

Is top gear loosing its charm? BTW i have all the seasons including the lates one in HD, and i love watching most of the shows multiple times but the burma special was a bit salt less.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 14:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

By saying what i observed I risk myself to be placed in the line of fire, however, i felt the Burma special is too predictable and rather badly scripted, jeremy's naration is hidious when compared to previous episodes and seasons.

Is top gear loosing its charm? BTW i have all the seasons including the lates one in HD, and i love watching most of the shows multiple times but the burma special was a bit salt less.

Pramod
No way Jose. You are under fire from me now. Top Gear is not factual, it's entertainment. If you want car advice go Fifth Gear. But Top Gear will always be my choice. Jeremy's narration was fine, but the challenge was to build a bridge over the river Quay or rather 'River Cock' which was hilarious. Well, like looks, these matters are also subjective. One may like it, the other may not.
thebfg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 15:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
No way Jose. You are under fire from me now. Top Gear is not factual, it's entertainment. If you want car advice go Fifth Gear. But Top Gear will always be my choice. Jeremy's narration was fine, but the challenge was to build a bridge over the river Quay or rather 'River Cock' which was hilarious. Well, like looks, these matters are also subjective. One may like it, the other may not.
Appriciate your love for top gear , i am a TG fan as well, you are mistaken, i am not looking for car advise while watching TG and i know exactly what to expect out of it, Trust me when i say this, i have watched each shows countless times. But something is not right now, the present season lacks the sprit(not all episodes, and i am talking especially about the Burma Special).

i felt the actions were very predictable and scripted, especially the incident that involves jeremy, james and richard's shower reservior. Richard's dialouges were extreamy "so last season" while the other two were gigling(if you watch malayalam /Tamil Movies). I have seen top gear from season 1, i have seen it evolve, i love most of the shows, it was the unpredictability of their moves what kept the sprits high and the ratings up. I am not happy with the Burma special, could have been better.

PS: Everyone is entitled for an openion.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 16:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Pramod
Well it's pretty obvious that these days the challenges are more staged than ever and any sort of perceived danger they depict is part of the storyline.
But, I don't think TopGear is losing its charm. I just wish they go back to having more 'car' in their episodes and also hopefully their seasons would be longer than they have been recently.
I was waiting for the P1 vs 918 race but I guess we'll have to wait for season 22 for that to take place.
Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 16:48   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
...Top Gear is not factual, it's entertainment.
+1 to the above.

But to be fair I did not find season 21 engaging enough or perhaps I was expecting too much of the trio! I just found the Burma Trip to be rather predictable and full of clichés that Jeremy, May and Richard usually make fun off!

On a similar note came across this clipping today: "BBC could face legal action over Jeremy Clarkson's 'racist remark' on Top Gear"
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/32864897.cms

I disagree, also I hardly noticed it and frankly the Top Gear trio are known for taking the piss out of several nationalities, including Brits!!

This may be off topic and sorry about it but why can't we take things a little lightly. Mind Your Language is hilarious and it is essentially full of jokes that will be considered politically incorrect today.

Last edited by PGNarain : 29th March 2014 at 16:49.
PGNarain is offline   Reply With Quote