Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2013, 14:31   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Datsun Go+ Compact MPV unveiled in Indonesia

In the above comparable photos, the Ertiga looks better - the Ertiga also looks better than the Enjoy and some concept drawings of the Brio MPV.

And although the Ertiga is no beauty, it is still beating the competition on looks, features and with the Feliz seatcovers, interiors are quite good looking.

Now if only black carpeting and electric ORVM comes in Ertiga, I can go buy it.

In this configuration of 7 seater at low price, you just cannot seem to get good looks -unless you spring for an XUV or Fortuner price.
Old 18th September 2013, 14:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

One thing about Indian market is that they dont encourage ugly, pointless cars other than from Maruti. I guess there is nothing to fear about these cars occupying our roads
Old 18th September 2013, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
One thing about Indian market is that they dont encourage ugly, pointless cars other than from Maruti. I guess there is nothing to fear about these cars occupying our roads
If an ugly car like the Go+ can drive away stray animals and reckless motorists from my path, I'd be more than happy to buy 2 of these vehicles. Chances are, not many burglars may want a part or the whole of my Go+ either.

As mentioned earlier, other ugly ducklings have and still occupy our roads. The first version of Santro was no beauty queen, while the Wagon R is not going to turn heads either. But these cars have been immensely practical and have attracted buyers for reasons other than looks.

The Go+ may not be beautiful, but is potentially "attractive" enough for a certain type of buyers, for whom beauty is more than skin deep.

The major trump card lies in the price tag. Given the tax benefit and common parts, it can be priced aggressively and ensure decent sales.

Last edited by misquitas : 18th September 2013 at 16:24.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:16   #19
MHG
BHPian

With just a petrol engine, Maruti will simply brush it aside with the Eeco. An MPV needs a diesel heart to be accepted in India. Having said that, I see a lot of potential for this car when it is out. It has space for 4 adults plus 2-3 kids to sit comfortably and if a diesel engine is offered it will also have economy and can sell like hotcakes if priced around 550k. I only hope it does not flop like the Nissan Evalia.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
What I like about the high placement of the gear and the handbrake on the Go+ is one possible convenience it offers to the driver of the Go+. If another vehicle is parked too close to the driver's side of the Go+, the driver in the Go+ can simply "walk" across to the front passenger's side and enter/exit the Go+. This movement from the driver's side to the front passenger's side is rather uncomfortable in other cars with a conventional gear/handbrake placement.

For the same convenience, I can also envisage the Go+ -- and its front seat/space in particular -- becoming popular among couples on their date for, well, hmmmmm.... obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The starting price of the Go+ MPV is expected to be close to the 4.5 lakh rupee mark given the extensive platform and parts sharing with the Go hatchback, which itself is expected to sport a sub 3.5 lakh rupees price tag. We've seen the Chevrolet Enjoy MPV, a low cost product with Chinese origins, managing to debut with a 5.5 lakh rupee price tag in India, despite its length measuring over 4 meters and it being rear wheel driven. In that light, the Datsun Go+ could easily become the least priced MPV in India.
If the Go+, a 7-seater MPV, is offered here at prices starting from about Rs 4.5-5 lakh, it could be hugely successful and can easily compete with the Compact Sedans (Indigo CS, Swift DZire and Honda Amaze). A spacious cabin coupled with a larger boot space, plus foldable second/third row seats (thereby adding to further luggage space) would easily attract customers from the CS camp.

In fact, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Go+ in India for one major reason. The (supposedly) affordable sub-4 metre Go+ MPV can easily ignite a price war between the Compact Sedans/MPVs vying for the same target customer, making these vehicles even more attractive to the customers. And with growing number of customers willing to move up from hatches to more spacious vehicles like compact sedans/MPVs, the future for compact sedans/MPVs here in India is very bright.

Last edited by misquitas : 19th September 2013 at 23:00.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 00:00   #21
BHPian

Anyone heard of the Kia Rondo -- it was launched in the US in the last decade and discontinued in 3-4 years. This looks much like the Kia Rondo from inside out. The same cost cutting and same amount of design and engineering frugalism has been employed by Nissan this time around :

http://www.edmunds.com/kia/rondo/
Old 18th November 2013, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
If the Go+, a 7-seater MPV, is offered here at prices starting from about Rs 4.5-5 lakh, it could be hugely successful and can easily compete with the Compact Sedans (Indigo CS, Swift DZire and Honda Amaze). A spacious cabin coupled with a larger boot space, plus foldable second/third row seats (thereby adding to further luggage space) would easily attract customers from the CS camp.

Now with Honda Mobilio and Maruti Ertiga breathing down its neck, the competition is going to be tough. But if its priced like a hatch (much less compared to the other two), and if I can get 7 seats at that (even if the last row has space only like the new Reva e2o), why wouldn't I buy it?

My prediction: The Go+ will be successful for large families. The age of 7 seater SW is coming, and a 6-7 lakh mid range with ABS+electric windows will do the trick. Not difficult, considering the price hatches like i20, Polo, Punto, etc are coming for - and the features they offer at that price. Datsun is a segment lower, mind you!

I would also like to see Tata launch Indigo Marina (based on new Manza) with 7 seat config, or the Skoda Octavia/VW Golf 7 with a 7 seat config. The reason Duster is losing half its customers (mostly to the Scorpio) is because it doesn't have a third row. Indians simply dont want space just for luggage, but they dont mind a foldable row that they can use the way they want.
Old 12th May 2014, 16:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Datsun GO+ Review has been taken live at this link (Datsun GO+ : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

Nissan launches the GO+ MPV

Nissan has announced that it has opened bookings for the Datsun GO+ Panca MPV in Indonesia, with the first deliveries of the first 5+2 seater in the Low Cost Green Car (LCGC) programmme scheduled to begin in June.

http://paultan.org/2014/05/12/datsun...but-indonesia/

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2015 at 12:52. Reason: Adding link to review
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread