| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|23rd September 2013, 10:34||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 425 Times
Eiji Toyoda dies aged 100
Didn't find this news anywhere on team-bhp so posting it here.
- Eiji Toyoda, president of Toyota from 1967 to 1982 has died aged 100.
- Eiji was cousin of founder Kiichiro Toyoda.
- He helped pioneer the famed Toyota Production system and also pioneered the Kaizen system.
- During his years at the helm of Toyota, he led the development of the Toyota Corolla.
- He also pushed Toyota to develop luxury vehicles, which ultimately led to the development of the Lexus brand.
Source: The Standard: Eiji Toyoda dies at 100.
How Eiji Toyoda created the modern version of Toyota.
Last edited by amit : 23rd September 2013 at 10:44.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Flamberge (KTM Duke 390) Ownership report - A middle aged man's perspective||sridhu||Motorbikes||165||1st April 2014 07:46|
|Michelin EverGrip - Tyres that offer good grip on wet roads, even when aged||itwasntme||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||1||17th January 2014 13:04|
|Akio Toyoda's Visit to India||Hero Puch||The Indian Car Scene||2||23rd October 2010 14:09|
|Under-aged Drivers||w 12||Street Experiences||36||1st September 2006 23:05|
|Rajkumar dies and his fans run amok!!||amitoj||Shifting gears||126||17th April 2006 07:58|